Power Rangers 4.0 - Part 2

So there were reports in the past that David Yost left the franchise due to homophobia among the producers towards him. I would assume he saw Dino Fury and saw that the producers were much more inclusive (especially with the Fern and Izzy storyline) so he returned to the franchise.

The fact that the Cosmic Fury team is 50/50 male to female leads me to believe that Zayto isn't going to be a Cosmic Fury Ranger, but an ally of some kind and the core Ranger team is Amelia, Ollie or Billy, Izzy, Fern, Aiyon and Javi.

King Ohger Bluray Box Collection vol.1 (Episode 1-12) has just arrived!

The Box design (to contain all 4 volumes) is very cool! :)

So there were reports in the past that David Yost left the franchise due to homophobia among the producers towards him. I would assume he saw Dino Fury and saw that the producers were much more inclusive (especially with the Fern and Izzy storyline) so he returned to the franchise.

The fact that the Cosmic Fury team is 50/50 male to female leads me to believe that Zayto isn't going to be a Cosmic Fury Ranger, but an ally of some kind and the core Ranger team is Amelia, Ollie or Billy, Izzy, Fern, Aiyon and Javi.

I suspect the sale of it to Hasbro, from Saban, was the bigger factor.

Given recent developments, I would not bet on it.

I mean based on Simon Bennett's own comments it sounds like the people in charge of Hasbro freaking hate Power Rangers, LOL. And they own the darned thing!

We've been hearing about the Entwistle stuff for years, is it ever getting off the ground?

Probably not.

Hasbro has two bigger franchises to focus on at the moment, one of them (GI Joe) being teased at the end of the other one (Transformers: Rise of Beasts).

Probably not.

Hasbro has two bigger franchises to focus on at the moment, one of them (GI Joe) being teased at the end of the other one (Transformers: Rise of Beasts).

Seems overly optimistic they will get it off the ground. Especially after Snake Eyes bombed.

Artist Carlos Dattoli did an impressive line of portraits featuring the Mighty Morphin team and various other rangers to celebrate the 30th Anniversary. Check it outE5641221-7D95-45E6-BD17-349E1DAE0D52.jpeg7F386C14-DA8C-4659-8FAD-AF31DDC3E475.jpegE69F44EE-A8CE-4085-9978-F3C27E8EBF12.jpegBA6819F1-BED9-45C6-8162-968D256FB7FD.jpeg3552DACD-0685-4C76-9155-E7D4F4AC6AF8.jpeg620FD775-D2D0-4780-BA31-B9BE4A81B5B5.png3E6FCD2C-134A-4F68-9440-252B79263F79.jpeg

I find it hard to believe that Billy is going to be the only Mighty Morphin Power Ranger going against Zedd. Also, there are people who want Zordon to return. Both would require the rest of the cast of Once and Always to return

But isn't this basically the final season until they make the reboots?

I find it hard to believe that Billy is going to be the only Mighty Morphin Power Ranger going against Zedd. Also, there are people who want Zordon to return. Both would require the rest of the cast of Once and Always to return

Is that return even possible? Based on how In Space ended?

Finished the first episode and whew! It was VERY rushed. Like 2-3 episodes worth of content.

This feels like a discount version of Power Rangers In Space but not in a good way. They’ve taken a lot of plots from In Space but it feels hollow in comparison imo.

It's funny that even with all the leeway they've been given, they had to keep the show overly optimistic which is a shame. Its like these people in charge forget what we've had in the past where the characters felt like they'd lost everything.

I have been enjoying it so far, but that one line about the rest of the MMPR in episode one about him not being in contact with his team leads me to think that he's been in space since the events of Once and Always, which is how he met Mick. If he was still on Earth, he would have at least brought Zack and Minh along for the ride.

Just finished the final episode, man I don’t know what the producers were thinking but this was the weakest series of the franchise . They literally just pulled a bunch of references and situations from other Power Rangers finales and reused them but not nearly as effective as the original. As a whole Cosmic Fury was a busted. It was nice to see Billy as a veteran Ranger giving his knowledge and experience to this team unfortunately for the most part he was used as technical support like in Zeo. Mike was just there to move the plot along but didn’t offer much either.

Disappointing that Hasbro made this as the final entry to the legacy of power rangers.

Just finished the final episode, man I don’t know what the producers were thinking but this was the weakest series of the franchise . They literally just pulled a bunch of references and situations from other Power Rangers finales and reused them but not nearly as effective as the original. As a whole Cosmic Fury was a busted. It was nice to see Billy as a veteran Ranger giving his knowledge and experience to this team unfortunately for the most part he was used as technical support like in Zeo. Mike was just there to move the plot along but didn’t offer much either.

Disappointing that Hasbro made this as the final entry to the legacy of power rangers.
Weaker than Megaforce/Super Megaforce? Because I was out on Megaforce after ten episodes and didn't bother to watch Super Megaforce.

Weaker than Megaforce/Super Megaforce? Because I was out on Megaforce after ten episodes and didn't bother to watch Super Megaforce.
Yes for me this is worst than Mega force. MegaForce was irritating no question but it had a few good moments and for all its faults it still felt genuine. Cosmic Fury is a bland ripoff of what’s come before just with a lower downgrade product.

Is that return even possible? Based on how In Space ended?

That was the entire thing in Once and Always. He turned into pure energy and may still be out there, maybe as something new.

But I finished the series. Very bittersweet as Power Rangers WAS MY GENERATION. I started it with episode 1, had all the toys, bought the karate tapes and always kept coming back to series as I grew up.

This was a very interesting season to say the least. It wasnt the worst for me but it also wasnt the best which is interesting given the "shackles" were finally off. This was definitely a season that was trying to do A LOT in a very short amount of time. It moved at lightning speed and barely anything was given room to properly breathe. It was great to have so much original footage and the suits didnt bother me by end of the season.

The tone...the season kept teetering between wanting to be more mature but not being able to break out of the overtly kiddie mode its been put in past few seasons so basically as Britney Spears once said "not a girl, not yet a woman". We didnt really need certain characters from last season to take up very valuable screen time so that was very annoying.

The season long story was interesting enough and a bit of a throwback to In Space which I dont mind but the writers were never able to give us that sense of doom and gloom that many episodes of the Zordon era were able to give us and I feel like that may be more on Hasbro? Just zero sense of danger or urgency.

What they ultimately did with final boss Zedd, I thought it was a good glow-up! If they didnt have to rush to an end I would've loved to see him become the new Dark Spector who is properly rallying his forces. That also brings me to the villains.....we had 1 good one and then the Ursula rip-offs just ruined things and Zedds whole atmosphere.

The return of Billy was very exciting. They did a good job of having be Ranger Billy and Mentor/bts Billy that we got in Zeo but idk I was expecting something a little bit different with how they'd use him.

Its hard to judge PR as a whole and if I had to...MMPR S3/In Space/Lost Galaxy/Time Force/Dino Thunder/SPD are way stronger. If I'm juding it from Saban 2.0 era....its #`1.

This twitter thread goes over a lot of Simons 'spaces' interview. Hasbro would only allow this season to be 10 episodes whereas Netflix wanted it to be 20....wth

That was the entire thing in Once and Always. He turned into pure energy and may still be out there, maybe as something new.

But I finished the series. Very bittersweet as Power Rangers WAS MY GENERATION. I started it with episode 1, had all the toys, bought the karate tapes and always kept coming back to series as I grew up.

This was a very interesting season to say the least. It wasnt the worst for me but it also wasnt the best which is interesting given the "shackles" were finally off. This was definitely a season that was trying to do A LOT in a very short amount of time. It moved at lightning speed and barely anything was given room to properly breathe. It was great to have so much original footage and the suits didnt bother me by end of the season.

The tone...the season kept teetering between wanting to be more mature but not being able to break out of the overtly kiddie mode its been put in past few seasons so basically as Britney Spears once said "not a girl, not yet a woman". We didnt really need certain characters from last season to take up very valuable screen time so that was very annoying.

The season long story was interesting enough and a bit of a throwback to In Space which I dont mind but the writers were never able to give us that sense of doom and gloom that many episodes of the Zordon era were able to give us and I feel like that may be more on Hasbro? Just zero sense of danger or urgency.

What they ultimately did with final boss Zedd, I thought it was a good glow-up! If they didnt have to rush to an end I would've loved to see him become the new Dark Spector who is properly rallying his forces. That also brings me to the villains.....we had 1 good one and then the Ursula rip-offs just ruined things and Zedds whole atmosphere.

The return of Billy was very exciting. They did a good job of having be Ranger Billy and Mentor/bts Billy that we got in Zeo but idk I was expecting something a little bit different with how they'd use him.

Its hard to judge PR as a whole and if I had to...MMPR S3/In Space/Lost Galaxy/Time Force/Dino Thunder/SPD are way stronger. If I'm juding it from Saban 2.0 era....its #`1.

Simon Bennett said it was after Once and Always in the timeline and it does make sense as he said

the Yellow Ranger that was with him in the Megazord was Minh, following the old Power Rangers tradition of "A power ranger who only shows up in their Ranger form." That happens a lot, especially among the Rangers associated with MMPR. In Legendary Battle, the only Mighty Morphin Power Ranger that was unmasked was Tommy. Zack, Jason, Billy, Kimberly and Trini were in their Ranger forms only, and so was Rocky, Adam and Kat in their Zeo forms. In the Beast Morphers episode "Grid Connection" Jason was the only one unmasked, while Zack, Billy, Kimberly and Trini were not. And as we know from Once and Always, Jason, Tommy, Kimberly and Trini were in their Ranger forms the whole time. This also leads to the long time theory I have that Aisha hasn't morphed as a Ranger since 1995 (it makes sense seeing as how she left the series), but maybe she has with the SPA and we haven't seen it.

- When Billy said that he had no contact with his team when Ollie (before he was evil) asked where the rest of them was, if it did take place after Once and Always, it does make sense. In Once and Always, Adam asked if Billy was returning to space yet, and Billy said not yet, as he had stuff to still do on Earth. My guess is that when we see him in episode one, he has been in Space for months, otherwise he would not have said that line. But the same thing applies if this had taken place before the events of Once and Always. My guess on this front is that he's had no contact with Jason, Kimberly, Tommy, Zack and Minh (as well as Kat and Rocky) since the events of Once and Always ended and that it had been a few months. He might have had contact with Adam and Aisha.
- Billy has apparently known Mick for a while. This makes sense if it's before Once and Always, but also after. I think that they first met between Billy's Morphed appearance in Beast Morphers and his return unmorphed in Once and Always. Now when we last saw Mick before his one episode in season one of Dino Fury, he was helping the Ninja Steel Rangers as their shop teacher after they had lost their powers for good. Most likely, he left the Ninja Steel Rangers for good when they all graduated and he went back to space. This was most likely during the period of two seasons of Beast Morphers.
- I would have liked to have seen an interaction between Billy and the Morphin Masters, just to see their reaction to a "student of Zordon" I also would have liked it if they did more with Eltar, just to find out what happened to Alpha 5.

2024 Super Sentai series "Bakugami Sentai Boonboonger"

It will air on March 3rd 2024

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"