Power Rangers 4.0 - Part 2

8a7nyk.gif

8exqn9.gif

They may have hit bottom with this design concept.

Last edited:
I personally love the unconventional design in the Reiwa era Super Sentai.
It distinct them from the stale and imo, sometimes bland designs from most of the teams in the 2010s Heisei era.

Not just Sentai, the Kamen Rider designs has also been unique as of late.

This new Sentai will fit perfectly with Kamen Rider Gotchard (in term of visual design)

Last edited:
The BoonBoomGer suits is basically someone who gave up after dealing with the crazy ass demands of how the finalized look of the suits will look on screen.

I don't know why you would call it hitting bottom. Not all suits are going to be super elaborate. There is a fun element of actually putting the tire on there, rather than just having the spoke design. Sort of reminds me more of Toqger more than Kiramager.

The visors from Timeranger/Time Force were visibly colored. Again ya got to pray for the poor stuntmen and suit actors wearing those colored visor helmets once more.

…I kinda love it. When I heard the rumour that tires are a big part of the helmet, this is not what I expected but it’s bonkers enough that I like it :funny:. I like the simplicity of the rest of the suits and that car in the back is looking good. Wonder if that’s one of the zords or just some other vehicle for the red ranger.

King Ohger will air its last episode (episode 50) this sunday.

I am quite enjoying this series overall...though the 2nd arc (the space arc) which begins in eps 26 isn't as good as the epic 1st arc (eps 1-25)
There is also some inconsistencies for some characters in the 2nd arc.

It is quite shame since the concept is cool but alas...this series from what I've gathered the info on, isn't that much of success here in terms of toy sales and ratings (just like Kamen Rider Geats 2nd half and Kamen Rider Gotchard 1st half) has been drop since the half of the year 2023.

Oh, Boonboomger press conference will be held one day before the finale of King Ohger

The cast will also be introduced for the first time.

I forgot to mention it last time...

There will be a 30th anniversary of Kakuranger this year.

This will be the first time that a series from the 90s will get an anniversary special V-Cinema.

A shame that now there is only 5 Dairangers left (since The Green Ranger/Shishi Ranger had already passed away) as I really wanted Dairanger anniversary special as well 😬
though I imagine that Zyuranger Anniversary would be huge (all the cast are still active, save for the Blue Ranger who has retired from entertainment)...its a long shot but I think Zyu's anniversary (if Toei decides to make it), will rival the Once and Always.

I forgot to mention it last time...

There will be a 30th anniversary of Kakuranger this year.

This will be the first time that a series from the 90s will get an anniversary special V-Cinema.

A shame that now there is only 5 Dairangers left (since The Green Ranger/Shishi Ranger had already passed away) as I really wanted Dairanger anniversary special as well 😬
though I imagine that Zyuranger Anniversary would be huge (all the cast are still active, save for the Blue Ranger who has retired from entertainment)...its a long shot but I think Zyu's anniversary (if Toei decides to make it), will rival the Once and Always.

I will never forgive Saban for wasting those suits on the Alien Rangers.

Did you know how pissed off I was when I found out that the Psychos were not the first evil ranger team in Sentai?

Hell, got your first orange and purple ranger as well.

Evil all female rangers! And Saban gave us these guys!

1708803006357.jpeg

Guess it is a 5 team, with orange and black.

I can see this team being a fan film team, but not a team in a rebooted universe.....unless they decide to use this team as a reboot of Power Rangers Turbo.

I can see this team being a fan film team, but not a team in a rebooted universe.....unless they decide to use this team as a reboot of Power Rangers Turbo.
Wasn't that a parody season?

Wasn't that a parody season?

It should have been. They should have used the Turbo movie to transition from Zeo to a new group of Power Rangers instead of how they did it. Also, if they wanted to write Rocky out of Power Rangers via the Turbo movie and still used veteran power rangers, they should have used Jason as the Blue Ranger, because Austin St. John was in the Turbo movie and he had returned for Zeo. Instead they used a younger kid who wasn't brought back for future appearances, in which a future appearance could have been used as a redemption arc for him. The only positive coming out of Power Rangers Turbo was that most of the Turbo Rangers who succeeded the veteran Rangers transitioned into one of the better shows of the entire franchise in Power Rangers in Space, which also led to two other really good seasons in Lost Galaxy and Lightspeed Rescue.

I was quite enjoying the whole experiment season that started from Zenkaiger, DonBrothers, until King Ohger...but I guess BoonBoomger will be back to the more traditional approach.

Can't wait to see the premiere this sunday!

Carranger was definitely a more comedic season. But, on the flipside, Zonnette.

tumblr_ojsn1eKlWC1r66h7yo1_400.jpg

It was quite controversial at that time that from the 1996 series (Carranger), Megaranger/In Space (1997), until Gingaman/Galaxy (1998) and 10 years later in Go-Onger/RPM (2008) that each series had hired (former) AV star to play as a villain in a children program...haha😆
The most famous AV stars were the one appeared in Gingaman and Go-Onger 😄

Last edited:
It was quite controversial at that time that from the 1996 series (Carranger), Megaranger/In Space (1997), until Gingaman/Galaxy (1998) and 10 years later in Go-Onger/RPM (2008) that each series had hired (former) AV star to play as a villain in a children program...haha😆
The most famous AV stars were the one appeared in Gingaman and Go-Onger 😄

Besides Zonette above, here's the female villain from Megaranger, Gingaman, and Go-Onger, who were all played by AV stars at that time haha 😆
20240226_123045.jpg
20240226_122951.jpg
20240226_123007.png

Anyway...I am a little sad that King Ohger has already ended!
Eventhough the 2nd arc wasn't quite as good as the first arc...but the cast so far is my favorite. I especially will miss Erika's Hymeno 😭 she's my favorite yellow ranger of all time (and I will definitely miss the awesome opening song!)

I am just waiting for the Bluray vol.4 to come out this June to rewatch it from the start again.
20240226_125230.jpg

20240226_125216.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"