The Flash Season 6, Episode 9: "Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part 3" (MAJOR SPOILERS)

We are talking about the same set photos, right? The ones with practically all of the heroes charging towards the Anti-Monitor. KC Superman was nowhere to be found there. And all of the BTS materials that we have gotten as well also reveal that Brandon only had scenes on the Waverider, Daily Planet, and Vanishing Point as KC Superman.

So all the set photos we saw revealed every single scene and moment right? Ohh wait a minute we must have watched different episodes cause many scenes I saw we didn’t see in any set photos. We’ve also only seen small snippets of footage from the final episodes. Would love to know what’s happens seen as though you seem to know exactly what going you to happen and whose going to appear.

So all the set photos we saw revealed every single scene and moment right? Ohh wait a minute we must have watched different episodes cause many scenes I saw we didn’t see in any set photos. We’ve also only seen small snippets of footage from the final episodes. Would love to know what’s happens seen as though you seem to know exactly what going you to happen and whose going to appear.

If KC Superman was going to be revived alongside the rest of the fallen heroes then it safe to assume that he would have been involved in that climactic scene as well. And the set photos, captured by Canadagraph, have captured a lot of the major scenes that we have seen this far.

Hey, I will be the first one to sincerely apologize to everyone here if I end up being wrong about this one.

And the strange thing is that no one here was expecting him to have a vital role in this crossover. A lot of us were prepared for him to die. It's how he died that's irritating, especially since he is supposed to be Reeve's Superman.

If KC Superman was going to be revived alongside the rest of the fallen heroes then it safe to assume that he would have been involved in that climactic scene as well. And the set photos, captured by Canadagraph, have captured a lot of the major scenes that we have seen this far.

Hey, I will be the first one to sincerely apologize to everyone here if I end up being wrong about this one.

And the strange thing is that no one here was expecting him to have a vital role in this crossover. A lot of us were prepared for him to die. It's how he died that's irritating, especially since he is supposed to be Reeve's Superman.

That’s my whole point though those set pics don’t tell the whole story. What if that isn’t even the the final battle? You’re making assumptions.

It didn’t irritate me at all, I thought it was fitting.

But we don’t know that he did die, at least no more than Ralph, Iris, Cisco, Lois, Diggle and Mia have died.

Being erased because of the antimatter wave isn’t quite the death that’s otherwise being implied here.

Lex switched places with Super-Routh, that’s no justification for saying he killed him. He should be back - along with everyone else that was erased.

I know many think that there’s going to be this grand merge, and I’d actually prefer everyone to exist on one Earth, however this isn’t going to happen. I’ll be quite happy to reaffirm this in February.
But didn't the producers say COIE is going to do a huge retcon to all the shows? If everything just goes back to the multi-earth status quo after this, this whole thing just seems pointless.
But we don’t know that he did die, at least no more than Ralph, Iris, Cisco, Lois, Diggle and Mia have died.

Being erased because of the antimatter wave isn’t quite the death that’s otherwise being implied here.

Lex switched places with Super-Routh, that’s no justification for saying he killed him. He should be back - along with everyone else that was erased.
No matter if the death is perma or not, I think most people are just disappointed that KC Supes won't be part of the action for the next 2, arguable climatic, acts of this story. I can confidently say a majority of the hype for this event came from Routh reprising his role as Superman (it did for me), and that just kinda fizzled out after last nights episode.

ehh.. the crossover is obviously going to service the main characters. Conroy bruce and Routhman were there to service the plot.I get they had plans for Ryan choi but Jefferson deserved that spot.

But didn't the producers say COIE is going to do a huge retcon to all the shows? If everything just goes back to the multi-earth status quo after this, this whole thing just seems pointless.
You don’t need to throw everyone on a single Earth in order to retcon events though.

Characters are jumping from one Earth to the next at will for the moment, that’ll no doubt factor in for future crossovers.

If everything is thrown onto Earth-1, and it’s restored it’ll be restored as it was before it was erased, and that was with E-38 refugees. That’s some 10billion people and aliens on a single planet. That’s too much. We can barely maintain 7billion, not to mention a further 3billion.

Can’t overlook Kara’s desire to use that book to restore her Earth too. It might not be Kara, but you can bet someone will use it at great cost to themselves.

No matter if the death is perma or not, I think most people are just disappointed that KC Supes won't be part of the action for the next 2, arguable climatic, acts of this story. I can confidently say a majority of the hype for this event came from Routh reprising his role as Superman (it did for me), and that just kinda fizzled out after last nights episode.
Ill admit, I had hype for Super-Routh too, but I’m not totally convinced that he won’t be in parts 4 & 5. You can’t write out a character like that and leave him out for the big final.

I get they had plans for Ryan choi but Jefferson deserved that spot.
Completely agree here. Jefferson should’ve got a bigger spot. If Black Lightning (the show) is cancelled, he’d be a prime candidate for Legends (if that show isn’t also cancelled); both are low on viewers compared to other shows.

Ryan Choi is said to head over to Legends to replace Ray (and Nora). He’s going to take some convincing considering he was reluctant to leave his wife and newborn.

If Black Lightning (the show) is cancelled, he’d be a prime candidate for Legends (if that show isn’t also cancelled); both are low on viewers compared to other shows.
I don't follow BL, but why's everyone saying the show's getting cancelled? Is it? Are all their story arcs wrapped up or what?

I don't follow BL, but why's everyone saying the show's getting cancelled? Is it? Are all their story arcs wrapped up or what?

It's not getting canceled. CW has not canceled a show during its 3rd season since like 6 years ago.

It’s cancellation isn’t a sure thing, and I’m sure it’s got ample stories to tell.

The reason people are concerned about that show is because Black Lightning and Legends are the least profitable CWDC shows and have the least number of viewers. If any shows are cause for renewal concern, it would be them.

JWS Flash dying made me emotional. :funny:
When his theme started and it showed the Flashback. :(

[sneaks into thread]

I enjoyed that episode, even if it was a bit more of a lower key episode. Loved seeing Lucifer and Black Lightning. Also really glad to hear Jefferson say his thing. Pity that it sounds unlikely for him to have much more crossovers, unless they come over to BL, which would be... awkward for most of the characters. Pity about the wait for the rest of the crossover. Should be fun with the Arrow and Legends parts to finish it up.

[backs slowly away from thread]

I can see future crossovers involving Black Lightning with Flash and Batwoman.

Honestly, I didn't mind the Lex twist at the end. Once again, this is a story about the characters from the Arrow universe. Routh Superman was not going to be the star or anything like that. Also, this was definitely done for a story driven purpose. Something that will play out I am sure and future episodes.

Standout moment was the sacrifice of 90s Flash. Fantastic moment. I would agree the episode was overall predictable, but that doesn't mean it wasn't good. I quite enjoyed this episode too. The last two episodes have been much better than the initial episode.

Honestly, I think much of the disappointment I'm seeing from some people stems from certain expectations. When you're seeing characters you have previous attachment to again, you feel a certain way about how you want to see them treated. Which believe me, I get that. But at the end of the day, the primary concern for this crossover was not showcasing endings for either of the Supermen or any other prior properties. It's to deliver on the promise of a crossover that's been brewing for years within this universe. Has this crossover been perfect? Absolutely not. Have the Easter eggs for prior properties worked for me every time? Absolutely not. But I'm not getting bent out of shape about it really. As with anything, if you don't like the way a certain character is treated, then just treat this as a non canonical story.

Here's part of the issue as I see it (and I imagine this is also where some of the general frustration is coming from with some others): When you build this up as a multiversal crisis and tell us that you are pulling from beloved movies and TV shows of the past, but then in the end, show that they are all irrelevant as long as you have the CW-verse Earth 1/Earth 38 heroes to save the day, it can also feel like you are trivializing all those other beloved characters and worlds.

It also makes it feel smaller to me. It would really feel much grander and more like an actual multiversal crisis if the paragons were more mixed with heroes of different Earths. I completely understand Barry and Kara, but Kate? Ryan Choi whom we had never met before this episode simply because they want to set him up for future stories (and hey, it's Kevin Tran, so I already like the character)?

A mixture of something like Barry (Earth 1), Kara (Earth 38), Routh-Man (Earth 96), Conroy Batman (Earth 99, could use him more for strategy), and so on, so it feels like heroes of different Earths get to be a part of saving everything. Instead, it just feels like the showrunners are saying only our characters are important. That would be fine, but once you bring in beloved characters from other worlds, once you open up that door, then you change the expectations.

Put another way, if I knew going in how irrelevant everyone would be outside of the usual suspects and that all we heard about Conroy and Routh, et al. were really more or less a bait and switch, I would have been less excited for the story. They now feel more like props to me.

Anyway, that's how I see it.

Don't forget that Flash is part of Act 2.

Last edited:
Yeah, I definitely missed this one:

ELiaFskWkAYcY9s

Yeah, I definitely missed this one:

ELiaFskWkAYcY9s

I giggled...then all of a sudden realized what was happening and screamed so loud I scared my buddy ;) I LOVE Lucifer :) Him mocking Diggle for being like his brother made me smile.

BTW we think this is has been fun as hell. The cameos are fun and the story is solid. I am about as big of a supes fan as there is and I have no problems with how any of this has been done. he is about as big of a Smallville fan as there is and he LOVED that scene. (especially when he rolled his eyes at Lex)

Flash 90...RIP.

I dont care about set photos, or plot leaks, there is so much more coming. My guess is Oliver as Spectre uses the book in the climax. The heroes still in existence will be what brings about the return of either 3 Earths (1, 38 and BL) or a merged version of said Earth. This will all happen at the Battle of the Dawn of Time.

Or I could be completely off base and Felicity shows up and hacks the Antimonitor and wins the day. (I keed I keed) Either way the ride is fun and I cant wait!

BTW I love when they find a way to make the Earth number a reference. KC Supes is Earth 96 (the year KC was published) Lucifer is Earth 666 and of course Earth 89 (Keaton Batman with Alexander Knox) and Earth 90. (Original Flash TV Show)

Was anyone glad that Iris was dead by the antimatter wave?

more like...indifferent

Agreed.

And the funny thing is that with all of my anger being aimed towards how they handled KC Superman's death, I had completely forgotten that the "Smallville" universe was wiped out off-screen as well.

Popular theory going around is that some of the Earths will be revived and merged into one by the end of Crisis. If that's the case then the folks for the Arrowverse would have undoubtedly erased the Smallville canon from existence.

Here's part of the issue as I see it (and I imagine this is also where some of the general frustration is coming from with some others): When you build this up as a multiversal crisis and tell us that you are pulling from beloved movies and TV shows of the past, but then in the end, show that they are all irrelevant as long as you have the CW-verse Earth 1/Earth 38 heroes to save the day, it can also feel like you are trivializing all those other beloved characters and worlds.

It also makes it feel smaller to me. It would really feel much grander and more like an actual multiversal crisis if the paragons were more mixed with heroes of different Earths. I completely understand Barry and Kara, but Kate? Ryan Choi whom we had never met before this episode simply because they want to set him up for future stories (and hey, it's Kevin Tran, so I already like the character)?

A mixture of something like Barry (Earth 1), Kara (Earth 38), Routh-Man (Earth 96), Conroy Batman (Earth 99, could use him more for strategy), and so on, so it feels like heroes of different Earths get to be a part of saving everything. Instead, it just feels like the showrunners are saying only our characters are important. That would be fine, but once you bring in beloved characters from other worlds, once you open up that door, then you change the expectations.

Put another way, if I knew going in how irrelevant everyone would be outside of the usual suspects and that all we heard about Conroy and Routh, et al. were really more or less a bait and switch, I would have been less excited for the story. They now feel more like props to me.

Anyway, that's how I see it.

Honestly, regardless if a character is the star of their own show, I still believe that it doesn't make it right to literally disrespect legacy characters and make it feel irrelevant in order to add credibility to their mainstay characters.

Plus, did we really need to add the likes of MM, Ryan Choi, and ****ing Lex Luthor as the paragons? I don't know why you couldn't have used Black Lighting, KC Superman, and someone else instead. Hell, change Batwoman out for Earth-2's Black Siren.

I'm still so ****ing pissed that they killed off Reeve's Superman in the manner that they did. I mean they can give the original Flash a proper sendoff but make Reeve's Superman die out in a whisper. And why bother saying that these paragons are split across the multi-verse when the group were consisted of characters from 3 different Earths (2 now)?

I might come back to finish watching the Flash but I have no intention of finishing the Crisis out (may see a few clips if they're impressive) unless KC Superman is revived and gets a proper finale. Seriously, if any Superman had to permanently die then why couldn't it have been Tyler's?

I will never look at Lex as a paragon, but rather the usurper. I see them as 6 paragons and Lex Luthor.

Finally watched part three, and it’s easily the strongest of the trio thus far. Older Barry Allen was always going to be the sacrifice, though I’m intrigued how and why that newspaper article about Barry’s disappearance even exists.

I know many think that there’s going to be this grand merge, and I’d actually prefer everyone to exist on one Earth, however this isn’t going to happen. I’ll be quite happy to reaffirm this in February.

I'm really hoping Flash does pull a disappearing trick at the end of this. We (I anyway) need a payoff for all the bad portents of him vanishing. They can have the rest of this season of Flash to find him and get him back. All while Ralph is keeping the city safe!!:funny:

As to whether to merge or not to merge, I'm of two sides on that. My heart wants to see all these worlds and all these characters resurrected in order to keep their own stories 'going,' such as with KC superman and all the way to Huntress. We may never see them again but they would still be 'out there' somewhere. 'Battling evil, in another dimension!'

My head though is saying, if they did that then where is the emotional toll at the end of the journey? Where is the feeling of loss for those then gone for good and the relief of the survival of those who... well survived! To get a reset as though nothing had happened would make the whole thing pointless in the end.

At least with a merging of the worlds, all these characters still exist and continue on even if they are only 'facets' of a primary individual. Within Heochlin's Superman would be KC Superman and so on...

Plus, I didn't expect any but the primary stars of the shows, Kara, Barry, Ollie, Kate, Jefferson to be the heavy hitters and the centers of the shows. There have been some nice and sweet moments with all these other characters, but this was never their show. No matter what was to happen in Crisis, the possibility of ever seeing these characters again, such as Huntress or KC Superman or Smallville, were next to nil.

I want the merger more than just to finally have them all on the same world, but to have that emotional impact at the end. If this follows along as the comics went, then it shouldn't end up the same as how it started.

I will never look at Lex as a paragon, but rather the usurper. I see them as 6 paragons and Lex Luthor.

Agreed. C'mon, Lex Luthor is the Paragon of Truth!?!

Despite how he came about at the end, I loved that moment when I just stood and casually asked 'what's next?' I really hope he survives COIE cause we need him to finish out on Supergirl and be around for Superman and Lois.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"