The Flash Season 6, Episode 9: "Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part 3" (MAJOR SPOILERS)

...Seriously, if any Superman had to permanently die then why couldn't it have been Tyler's?

I really hope you like the new Superman show when it comes on. He is going to be front and center, hopefully without any second-fiddle playing mournfully in the background.

I really hope you like the new Superman show when it comes on. He is going to be front and center, hopefully without any second-fiddle playing mournfully in the background.

Agree about Superman and Lois TV show because it's what I'm looking forward to. It's Tyler's time as both Brandon and Tom had theirs.

Someone has a point that the Canadagraphs BTS and video footage may not reveal all, but what if there's a battle against the Anti-Monitor in antimatter space like in the comics? Could that be where the KC Superman may possibly return?

In the comics, the Earth-2 Superman knocked out his Earth-1 counterpart to send him back to the positive universe so that a Superman may protect the new world. I wonder if this may happen in the Legends part between Earth-38 and KC Superman.

Thanks. Honestly, even if Superman's show ends up being good, I think it would be best to keep him out of future crossovers so that he can just stand on his own. The moment he shares the screen with Kara, Barry, Kate, or Sara again for next year's crossover is when he will be reverted to what he is now. It's clear who the producers prefer and they are never going to let Superman take the lead with these heroes even if he has his own show.

You know, I feel like I'm partially to blame for my disappointment with this because I allowed myself to get hyped over BR's return as Superman. My expectations went unchecked when previous experiences should have taught me better.

I mean I hate that I feel like we were misled to believe that KC Superman would have a decent sized role in this, especially since he was the first character portrait released for the promotion of this crossover. Out of ALL of the characters that were going to be introduced in Crisis (KC Superman, Pariah, Harbinger, and the Anti-Monitor), KC Superman had received the most hype and promotion.

So to spend money in making his gorgeous costume and recreate the Daily Planet for his scenes, only to kill him off in his second episode where he didn't even have a chance to take on the Monitor....that's just baffling.

I had already accepted the idea that he would die. However, the way that he went out in part 3 was just..... I'm too tired to say it already. They couldn't even bother giving him an emotional farewell...the guy that's supposed to be Christopher Reeve's Superman.

I mean did they really have to raise our hopes and make him a paragon only to have Lex ****ing Luthor kill him with a simple edit in the book of destiny? Jeez.

I'm looking at what Harbinger did when she was controlled by the Anti-Monitor as she summoned Antimatter to destroy Earth-1 and Waverider.

If we go by the comics, what if she's trying to store up those left behind like Superman, Lois, Iris, Ralph, Diggle, Brainiac 5, Alex, Dreamer, Cisco, Caitlin, and Black Lightning since she took Monitor's powers?

The lex twist was brilliant and I really dont get being mad about it. Also I get people wanted more routh but these shows are about the main characters hence most of them are paragons(except Jefferson cause smh- apparently there was filming issues but whatever). This is also the reason why supergirl is more important than superman - when they started these shows they probe yl never figured the cinematic universe would **** up superman for quite a while and that they would be allowed to do tv show with superman in a main role.

Some late thoughts (because I only just watched part 3 - because Netflix Canada takes 24hrs to post Flash episodes… :argh:)

- I liked part 3. Though there were some action-y bits, it seemed more story and character driven. It’s almost as if the narrative - in a good way - decided to slow things down, take a pause and take stock. I liked part 2 as well. As it currently stands, I think part 1 was the weakest. (We’ll see what happens after 4 and 5; the rankings can change.)

- Technically, this was a Flash episode. And it actually felt Flash-centric. In contrast, the first two installments weren’t conspicuously focused on Supergirl or Batwoman. I’m not saying this difference is good - or bad. Just an observation.

- Re: the “demise” of KC Supes. My first reading of this scene was that Lex had magically swapped places with KCS. A) Lex did have the magical Book of Destiny at one point (and seems to have stolen a page from it); B) the sfx of this “transposition” didn’t quite look the same as the cloudy anti-matter “disintegration” we’ve seen so far. So I assumed that KCS was now where Lex used to be: in the holding cell onboard the Waverider...?:shrug: Now, I could be wrong. And others seem to think that this is the last we’ve seen of Routh’s Superman. IMO, that would be rather disappointing. Even if he doesn’t make it to the final Big Battle, he probably deserves a better, more heroic sendoff.

On the same subject… I get that there’s a kind of “meta-textual” continuity - a “three degrees of separation” (as it were :word:): Routh plays KC Supes; Routh also played Supes in Superman Returns; and Superman Returns was a “vague sequel” to STM and SII starring Christopher Reeve. But I think it’s a big leap to interpret what happens to KC Supes in Crisis as being particularly relevant to STM or SII. And it’s an even bigger leap to interpret this as being disrespectful to Chris Reeve. :huh: That’s just too “meta” for me. :cwink:

Last edited:
Well Crisis definitely connects Superman and Superman Returns (things that are said along with some stuff around the office of the Daily Planet) but there is no insult to the Chris Reeve Superman at all. In fact, they honored the heck out of it.

This is also the reason why supergirl is more important than superman - when they started these shows they probe yl never figured the cinematic universe would **** up superman for quite a while and that they would be allowed to do tv show with superman in a main role.
Ain't that the truth! :funny:

Routh was definitely playing his SR Superman. He even said he has a son Jason. So really...he was a Christopher Reeve version.

John Wesley Shipp nailed it as OG Flash. He played it perfectly and I love that he went out as a Hero and inspirational beacon .

What happened to Kingdom Come Superman is a load of Bull.

Well Crisis definitely connects Superman and Superman Returns (things that are said along with some stuff around the office of the Daily Planet) but there is no insult to the Chris Reeve Superman at all. In fact, they honored the heck out of it.

Routh's scenes as KC Superman, for the most part were done well.

If it weren't for his crappy ending, then I would have called it perfect. The CW must really be against the idea of any Superman being a natural leader to their heroes because that is what would have happened had he remained alive.

The fact that they killed him off in such a pathetic manner was equivalent to them spitting at the good material that they had given the character previously and at Christopher Reeve's legacy. It's hard to imagine Routh getting closure from his Superman days with such a bad ending.

Even if KC Superman ends up in the Waverider where Lex used to be at, the Waverider is gone due to the antimatter wave along with Superman and the others who were left behind.

Even if KC Superman ends up in the Waverider where Lex used to be at, the Waverider is gone due to the antimatter wave along with Superman and the others who were left behind.

I guess it really depends on how the fallen are revived. If they go about doing it "Endgame" styles then everyone and everything killed by the Anti-Wave should be restored.

But if it's a case where they have to rewrite reality and have to merge everything into one planet then not everyone will return.

Well Crisis definitely connects Superman and Superman Returns (things that are said along with some stuff around the office of the Daily Planet)...

Routh was definitely playing his SR Superman. He even said he has a son Jason. So really...he was a Christopher Reeve version.

Oh, I get the “logical” connections. But references of this sort almost always function as homages/Easter eggs, as humor, as knowing winks to the audience. Beyond this, however, it’s not worth inferring a deeper narrative or thematic significance. IOW, don’t think too hard about the implied “continuity” or - worse - work yourself into an outrage over it. :cwink:

Also…

I really liked the Kara and Kate scenes. There was a nice dramatic progression of conflict, suspicion, a near-physical clash and - finally - trust and respect. Though, arguably, it was all a bit too truncated. Indeed, there was probably enough material in these scenes to make an entire “two hander” episode. Perhaps we’ll get one of those in the future…

Also…

I really liked the Kara and Kate scenes. There was a nice dramatic progression of conflict, suspicion, a near-physical clash and - finally - trust and respect. Though, arguably, it was all a bit too truncated. Indeed, there was probably enough material in these scenes to make an entire “two hander” episode. Perhaps we’ll get one of those in the future…

im reasonably sure Guggenheim etc said next year there wont be a big crossover or that at least a worlds finest crossover will happen focusing on kara and Kate.

im reasonably sure Guggenheim etc said next year there wont be a big crossover or that at least a worlds finest crossover will happen focusing on kara and Kate.
I can see that they might wanna 'go small' after this.

There’s a lot of bad things on these series, but getting little beautiful moments very randomly like “keep riding the lighting, son” is somehow worth it.

I guess it really depends on how the fallen are revived. If they go about doing it "Endgame" styles then everyone and everything killed by the Anti-Wave should be restored.

But if it's a case where they have to rewrite reality and have to merge everything into one planet then not everyone will return.

Obviously the crossover is influenced by the Avengers Infinity and Endgame more than the comic itself.

Also…

I'm thinking that confrontational arc may not be over yet. Kate still has the kryptonite and Kara just may well still try and change events with the Book of Destiny. Although now with all the worlds gone, what is there left to lose except for ones sanity..?

In any event, I'm really hoping we get some more Kara/Kate crossovers in the future, in the same way I hope we get more Kara/Barry crossovers. Should be easy enough to do and it would be a good ratings draw.

Oh, I get the “logical” connections. But references of this sort almost always function as homages/Easter eggs, as humor, as knowing winks to the audience. Beyond this, however, it’s not worth inferring a deeper narrative or thematic significance. IOW, don’t think too hard about the implied “continuity” or - worse - work yourself into an outrage over it. :cwink:

Oh I can tell you nothing in a TV or movie is ever worth me getting outraged over. My head cannon is all that matters to me :)

That's obvious and its a poor attempt.

Agreed.

When people died in Endgame, it actually felt emotional and was done in good taste (i.e. Black Widow, Nebula, Tony Stark, etc.)

Crisis, not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"