The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think her nose is great and so is her weight,she is not fat or anything

The only problem I've is that she is more cute than hot and usually it is the other way round for MJ

But as someone said,looks can be changed a lot by cinematography,lighting,make-up and stuff,what will ultimately matter is how she acts

I don't know, there's something I just don't like about Shailene. I don't know what it is. I thought I would (or hoped to) like whoever was playing Mary Jane. Like they'd be a natural fit for the character and be a girl I like. Meh.

It is suprising how much she looks like Andrew Garfield, I mean out of all the thousands working in Hollywood and the film industry I have never seen a girl who looks more like him than her. Perhaps it was intentional.

Meh whatever. I probably try to not comment again until I've seen the movie. I would just hate if they ruined one of my favorite comic book females. She was destroyed enough by Dunst.

Last edited:
I find it funny that men often say "we prefer women with curves", and then start shooting a girl like Woodley, who is beautiful, for being a normal weight!

I'm confused by your statement. Woodley isn't really curvey. Usually when guys say they prefer women with curves they want thick girls, which Woodley is not.

I'm confused by your statement. Woodley isn't really curvey. Usually when guys say they prefer women with curves they want thick girls, which Woodley is not.
Exactly! And you're calling her too big for the role.

I think the reason a lot of people want MJ to be insanely hot is because it's supposed to be absurd that a geek like Peter can land this super hot soon to be super model.

Personally speaking, what I want from MJ (and what I thought Raimi got totally wrong) is she is supposed to be a party girl, vapid on the surface but with hidden depth behind carefree eyes and that takes acting chops if you want to show that without reems of exposition.

So some people are hung up about her looks, to be honest I get it because it 'is' part of what makes MJ, MJ, but for me it's MJ's personality I hope they nail.

Exactly! And you're calling her too big for the role.
I never called her too big for the role lol.

I think the reason a lot of people want MJ to be insanely hot is because it's supposed to be absurd that a geek like Peter can land this super hot soon to be super model.

Personally speaking, what I want from MJ (and what I thought Raimi got totally wrong) is she is supposed to be a party girl, vapid on the surface but with hidden depth behind carefree eyes and that takes acting chops if you want to show that without reems of exposition.

So some people are hung up about her looks, to be honest I get it because it 'is' part of what makes MJ, MJ, but for me it's MJ's personality I hope they nail.
Um, like we mentioned earlier in the thread, if they're going for Ultimate MJ then she is not a super hot model chick or a party girl.

Her hair IS red!
Her face IS pale! :D

shaiwomakeup.jpg

I gotta be honest here, she looks great in that right picture.

that's the first really "bad" pic of her I've posted...!? :whatever:

edit: I just wanted to show how red her hair actually is, anyway...

Last edited:
Her hair IS red!

shaiwomakeup.jpg

She looks DRUNK in the picture on the left.

MJ - 'Frace it...shiiger...uove hit the...'

Peter - 'Jackpot?'

MJ - 'Shhackpot..' *hic*

Her hair IS red!

shaiwomakeup.jpg

ai, ai, ai that's pretty bad (the left pic). It's extra painful knowing what a killer MJ Emma Stone would have made.

I'm almost hoping Webb will pull a Raimi and not kill off Gwen. I would not mind this one bit.

ai, ai, ai that's pretty bad (the left pic). It's extra painful knowing what a killer MJ Emma Stone would have made.

I'm almost hoping Webb will pull a Raimi and not kill off Gwen. I would not mind this one bit.

Yeah, she looks really plain in that left pic. I think Stone would've been a better MJ. She looks more like MJ than Shailene does.

She'll be fine, folks.
Emma would've been a good MJ, but she also makes a good Gwen so let's at least give this new girl a chance. I have confidence that she can do it, she was great in the descendants.
That being said, in my opinion they have to kill off Gwen.

I predict many face swaps when we finally get official photos of Peter and MJ.

They really do look like brother and sister.

I'll probably be one of the guys that say I would have not enjoyed Emma as MJ..
I'm looking forward to this Woodley.

Just have a little faith in Webb!
His casting decisions have been top notch so far.
You have no reason to be worried :) Emma made a perfect Gwen, although everybody thought she'd play Mary Jane.

And in the same manner, Shailene will surprise us as well!

I'll probably be one of the guys that say I would have not enjoyed Emma as MJ..
I'm looking forward to this Woodley.

If Emma Stone was playing Mary Jane she would just show up on set with the red hair and that would of been that, no acting involved. She kind of IS Mary Jane in real life.

In all honesty I really wanted Elena Satine to play the role, I've never seen anyone look more like MJ than her.

And she's really into the Spider-Man comic books which is cool. I think I'll wait until TV until we get an accurate representation of MJ. Movies always seem to get Lois Lane wrong, but TV gets her right. I got a feeling it will be the same here. Also a live action Spider-Man TV show would be awesome!

Not sure why you're already discounting this interpretation of the character as unfaithful when we haven't even seen a snippet of footage or anything yet...

If Emma Stone was playing Mary Jane she would just show up on set with the red hair and that would of been that, no acting involved. She kind of IS Mary Jane in real life.

In all honesty I really wanted Elena Satine to play the role, I've never seen anyone look more like MJ than her.

And she's really into the Spider-Man comic books which is cool. I think I'll wait until TV until we get an accurate representation of MJ. Movies always seem to get Lois Lane wrong, but TV gets her right. I got a feeling it will be the same here. Also a live action Spider-Man TV show would be awesome!
I don't buy this girl in high school at all. :/

smh at the shallowness in this place. I suppose you guys are beautiful on a daily basis at every single moment. Not surprising though! Not even a snippet of her has been released as MJ and already her failure has been called. And apparently you guys are beauty experts too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"