Should there be a Underworld 3?

Well, with the first vampire and first lycan dead, wont all of the existing one's just turn back to human? They made a point through out the movie that if Marcus and William died, all vampires and lycans would become human again.

So they would need a new threat to deal with in the third movie. A new monster maybe that is very powerful. Something like a demon who actually created vampires and lycans by spreading a virus meant to kill throughout Alexander Corvinus's village, thus the immortals are born. I also think Lucian should return as he is by far the best character of the series so far.

Watching this movie was like watching the old Incredible Hulk tv series. You really didnt care what was going on you just wanted Banner to Hulk out. Same thing. I found myself sitting there waiting for Vamp/Lycian guy to go all out

Wll there's been a lot of speculation that Lucian will come back and a "hybrid war" will begin. I personally dont like the idea of a hybrid war.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Well, with the first vampire and first lycan dead, wont all of the existing one's just turn back to human? They made a point through out the movie that if Marcus and William died, all vampires and lycans would become human again.

So they would need a new threat to deal with in the third movie. A new monster maybe that is very powerful. Something like a demon who actually created vampires and lycans by spreading a virus meant to kill throughout Alexander Corvinus's village, thus the immortals are born. I also think Lucian should return as he is by far the best character of the series so far.

As per Tanis (when he was talking to Selene and Michael), the "killing of Marcus and William destroying both races/clans" theory was an "elaborate deception" so that Viktor would never harm either brother. It obviously worked.

Why can't the story be set 10 or 20 years from now in an apocalyptic future were Vampires and Lycans have taken over and humans are now fleeing and forced to go underground, thus creating a new Underworld (of humans).

You mean like the origional plan for Blade trinity? No. I dont think thatll work to well. If it didnt work for Blade, NO WAY would I have it for Underworld.

Watching the first movie thought it was pretty dumb/pointless. They tried to do too many tricks with people's history that it just got to the point where I pretty much hated every character in the movie. Might watch the second when it eventually hits HBO, but never really found the franchise entertaining in the first place.

phoenixflight said:
Why can't the story be set 10 or 20 years from now in an apocalyptic future were Vampires and Lycans have taken over and humans are now fleeing and forced to go underground, thus creating a new Underworld (of humans).

They could do that,but Im not sure how it would work. I think Len could make it work though. Im sure will be hearing some news shortly on U3.:)

Im for the hybrid war with Lucian coming back.

DE,I think we have to wait till a month or so after the dvd is released before we get any news on a third.

amazingfantasy15 said:
Watching the first movie thought it was pretty dumb/pointless. They tried to do too many tricks with people's history that it just got to the point where I pretty much hated every character in the movie. Might watch the second when it eventually hits HBO, but never really found the franchise entertaining in the first place.

I agree. The first film was an awesome premise marred by terrible writing, plot holes galore, mediocre acting, awful dialogue, a self-absorbed production style, and poor execution in general. I'll wait for the sequel to hit HBO or Showtime before I see it. It doesn't even look worthy of a rental.

jag

Olcanucklehead said:
You mean like the origional plan for Blade trinity? No. I dont think thatll work to well. If it didnt work for Blade, NO WAY would I have it for Underworld.

Maybe it would have worked for Blade instead of the awful mess they created that ultimately destroyed the franchise. If done right, it could have been great for Blade and may even work better for Underworld.

Yea,the idea is deffinetly growing on me. I wouldnt mind seeing it now.

phoenixflight said:

I like that idea alot. I could see them (Selene & Michael) joining the underground human resistence group and fighting against the Lycans and Vampires.
Very cool idea, phoenixflight.

That includes OS. SO its not bad not great. It will reach what the first made but Im not sure if it gets past a hundred.

I thought UE would be like Saw:

Saw 1: $55,185,045, $47,732,727 = $102,917,772
Saw 2: $87,039,965, $44,367,992 = : $131,407,957

It wouldnt make double but atleast half more than Underworld. What happened to the underground fan base to this movie? Either there arnt many of us or we didnt turn out and see the movie. Ue did make atleast 10million more here in the states so it did a good job here... but OS it looks to not be able to get to what the first made.

Ive heard on here and other boards they didnt know it was coming out... I find that very hard to believe. UE should/hopefully will have strong dvd sales.

phoenixflight said:

You know i really like that idea, and also they could do a bit of flashbakc for 15mins with Selene telling how it happen and then go to the present day, great idea though.

Wow,all of us Underworld fans think the apocalyptic future movie would be really cool to see. Phoenix, youve accomplished the impossible,lol.

U3 Ideas:

This is my idea/clues for the 3rd Movie. SPOILERS MAY BE IN THIS THREAD.

First and foremost, while understandably the war between vampires and lycans is enough for all of us to shake a stick at, I think there is a couple of clues within the movie that people are eluding to the final installment of the series. Humans. Kahn then finds bullets that are "government engineered"(by the way Tenius was the supplier to Lucian, not the creator of the bullets as he said).

One thing I always find interesting is the "RULE" set by Victor to not harm humans. It was said by Selene when speaking to Kraven, about "the lycans attacking us in public". Later on, Kraven in sneering fashion says "never could obey his own rules". Next Selene in the second movie says to Michael "you don't want to kill a human, you wouldn't want that on your conscience". Then as the Vampire agents of Arctavius tries to destroy a Vampire testing lab, they do not kill the humans, they simply immobilize them. Same with Selene when the police was attacking Michael. Finally, if you look through the entire movie, you do not notice any humans ever being killed. Except in the ancient days of Medieval times, of the village being destroyed(even though I'm not sure if they were human in the first place), and Selene's family destroyed.

Why? It is very simple, humans are the ultimate mastermind and controller of all Vampires and Lycans. They agreed to allow them to live and fight their meaningless war in the modern era, so as long as no humans are harmed.

My theory is that humans long ago made a stand against the evil which Vampires and Lycans represented. In that way the Lycans and Vampires were to remain dormant and keep their war within their territory that perhaps the humans gave them. Which is precisely why humans were the creator of William's cage, and Vampires were told to control the Lycans or else it meant the death of all of them. This being the reasons despite Vampires being so powerful, can not ever fight anything but small underground war.

My theory for the 3rd movie: Underworld: Annilhalation(narrative by Kate Beckinsale). The war between the Lycans and Vampires has always been one of secrecy. For thousands of years we fought, never arousing the attention of humanity. I was once a deathdealer in this battle. I believed in our mission, until the truth of my beloved step-father Victor was revealed, whom I killed. While attempting to unlock the truth of our past, I fell in love with Michael. The forerunner of Alexander Arctavius, the first immortal and the father of both the Vampires and Lycans. As the truth was revealed, I learned that Arctavius was still alive, and the horrible truth of Marcus the first true vampire, and William the first lycan was actually his sons. Unknowingly to me Marcus was awoken with knowledge of what had transpired, and began his mad quest to release his brother from the prison which Victor had built, and hidden. In the aftermath, Arctavius killed his father and gained the key to at last open William's jail. In the last deed of his long life, Arctavius granted me his power, and in turn I became the only carrier of the original blood of the immortals. To stop Marcus, Michael and I met him and his brother William in mortal combat. We won. The lines which once divided Lycans and Vampires are blurred, as we now learn of our common heritage. The old hatred which once ignited our fears and anger, is now replaced by confusion and uncertainty. The future is uncertain now, yet I fear the war is not yet over, but only begun.

This is where I come in. In light of the recent subway battle, forest fighting, and shipyard explosion. The battle between Lycans and Vampires has poured on to the streets of humanity. The human world who has watched idly by will now be force to become involved in a war which they had not been for thousands of years. The lessons of useless mercy once displayed by their predecessors will be thrown out. The ultimate goal now: Destruction of all Lycans and Vampires at all cost to save humanity. The Lycans and Vampires now must band together for the first time ever to ensure their future.

A prequel to Underworld:

A third underworld is being considered "the beginning".

We're talking the all out war between liycans and vampires with battle sequences rivaling that of "the lord of the rings".

No technology just swords,and horses

Speculation on wether beckinsale can get squeezed in(hope so)

"the beginning" will answer some of the unsolved questions u get in underworld 1 and 2 (i know some people caught em)

if this movie happens, its gonna be straight FIRE!!!!!

Darth Elektra,

Your ideas are very brilliant indeed. However, how about another title, such as Underworld: Uprising (for the prequel) or Underworld: Aftermath (for the sequel).

I would love to see a Lycan/Vampire war in the tradition (somewhat) of Lord of the Rings. I also must admit, I love involving humans in the 3rd movie. Without Alexander and his men, there is no one left to clean up the mess.

Ok,I got a battle in the Prequel: Underworld:Beginning(or Uprising(I like phoenix's title)

Its at night ofcourse,lol. Its a battle on some cliffs below the cliffs is a huge river, You have a very huge organized army(vampire) approaching... Then we a couple of hundred or so Werewolves... The Vampires have archers and a calvary...

Do you guys like the setting,should I build on it?

(Swords are made of silver,so are the ends of the arrow,oh and also spears)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"