Should there be a Underworld 3?

phoenixflight said:
Darth Elektra,

Your ideas are very brilliant indeed. However, how about another title, such as Underworld: Uprising (for the prequel) or Underworld: Aftermath (for the sequel).

I do like Uprising instead of Beginning... I would love for them to make a sequel to end the trilogy... then Len could make a fourth or fifth down the road... About Amelia and the crusade/sword period of time.

I liked to finish the whole Underworld present stroy then do a Underworld film with Amelia, Vitor and Marcus like you guys have been saying, but i think a Underworld film without Selene would be strange or they think it wont sell as Kate might not be in it.

Well There's pretty much no way Kate would be in a Underworld prequel. I think it would sell because, I think it could sale as long as they have some big action fights. Kate is great but the underworld fanbase doesnt go see Underworld because of her... its because of the story. However you would be losing the "perv" viewers, and in todays world thats alot,lol. So you would still want the vampires females to be very sexy. Amelia could easily go naked... all you have to do is hit google/images of her name and first picture up is her nude.

Now,Ive heard alot of people say Lucian is the best character in the seriers? If so I havnt heard much talk about A prequel consisting on that time period.

I like DE's idea of a prequel,the battle over the cliff, Could be really cool.

I feel there should definitely be an Underworld III film. However, there should be a story which merits a third film, and not just a film for the sake of releasing it. The story is very strong and the characters have a lot of depth.

Darth Elektra said:
Well There's pretty much no way Kate would be in a Underworld prequel. I think it would sell because, I think it could sale as long as they have some big action fights. Kate is great but the underworld fanbase doesnt go see Underworld because of her... its because of the story. However you would be losing the "perv" viewers, and in todays world thats alot,lol. So you would still want the vampires females to be very sexy. Amelia could easily go naked... all you have to do is hit google/images of her name and first picture up is her nude.

Well i was talking about Marketing reasons really, also if Bill Nightly and Micheal Sheen where in it, i think it would sell and Underworld has a huge fan base, also i'm not borthered about seeing Amelia naked lol, if they did do a prequel i hope there is a new kind of male role in it, as Scott Speedmans good, but he could be more attractive i think Sawyer the guy from lost would make a good lycan or hybird his got that look.

lol... but yea a prequel could "restart" the trilogy and have some of the critics like the film.Because there would be a good plot with a lot of story. Either way we should see UE dvd news in 2/3weeks.

I voted YES!!!

Pirateking and Darth Elektra - Champions Of The Underworld!

Ok a third film would you want to kill off any chacarters in a heroic way?

Bastila said:
Ok a third film would you want to kill off any chacarters in a heroic way?

Yea,they could kill Selene or Michael,as long as its done right.

Yeah like a heronic sacrifice for humans/Vampires or to end it all really i think killing Selene would be a very emothional scean like that kind of like the episode where Buffy dies to stop the hell mouth opeing (this is the only example i could think of)>

Yea,sacrifice would be a great way to have them die. I didnt watch buffy so I dont know what your talking about.

It wuold be even sadder if both of them died in the last film i wanted to shout out loud when Micheal was dying in Evolution i was sadden by that i thourgh he wouldn't die, i had not read the book when it came out so i was like ''no don't die'' Selene was like punching his chest where he was hurt and i was like ''thats not working ''. But if both died i would be so sad coming out of that film anyone else.

Depends... I could be sad.

That was the best scene in Underworld Evolution. That scene really got to me.

A prequel could potentially be a good story to tell but only if the perfect story is chosen. I don't particularly find anything interesting about Selene killing werewolves with swords as opposed to guns. I personally feel there's more potential for better storytelling if they progress the story along. At the end of Evolution I couldn't help but feel that Selene had somehow reverted to human after killing Marcus. There's a story in of itself right there.

I didn't go back and read through this whole thread...

But how can they do a sequel. "All the clans are in chaos..."
Um what? How? They are all humans now. There are no more Vamps and Lycans. It's over. The curses are done. Everyone's a human, right? If everyone's a human, then there is nothing to fight about.

Cause there ain't no more running around sucking blood, hiding in the shadows, and turning into monsterous wolves. You're human now, so start acting like it. Go about normal lives now...change your clothes, get a real job and an apt. and start mingling with other humans...settle down and have a nice family.

I mean personally I don't care...I'm a big fan of Horror movies and Werewolves are some of my favorite "legendary" creatures...but...I wasn't very keen on the second one. If they make a 3rd one, sure, cool whatever...I'm not forced to see it or like it. I just think it was over with...with everyone being turned into humans and all.

zanos said:
A prequel could potentially be a good story to tell but only if the perfect story is chosen. I don't particularly find anything interesting about Selene killing werewolves with swords as opposed to guns. I personally feel there's more potential for better storytelling if they progress the story along. At the end of Evolution I couldn't help but feel that Selene had somehow reverted to human after killing Marcus. There's a story in of itself right there.

Ive heard people say Selene is now human but I dont understand? Why do you think she's human? I'd say she's a ultra-powerful Hybrid:)(I like the sound of that) .

I agree with the ultra-powerful Hybrid thats cool, theres no way shes human as Alexanda wasn't a normal human was he.

no, he was a immortal... Which In my opionion means there's no way she could be Normal or human.

Yeah thats what i ment, shes a vampire/hybird/immortal thing, they are going to have to think of a name for her new specises (spelling)

Well should be intresting, I hope we get some dvd news soon. I heard that Len had signed on to do another film? Is this true? I guess its ok if he takes a break from Underworld, if he did sign on to do another movie I hope its good!

Well when the first one came out, there was a interview with Kate and she said she signed on to two more films as well, so i think 100% there will be a third one.

WalkingDead said:
I didn't go back and read through this whole thread...

But how can they do a sequel. "All the clans are in chaos..."
Um what? How? They are all humans now. There are no more Vamps and Lycans. It's over. The curses are done. Everyone's a human, right? If everyone's a human, then there is nothing to fight about.

Cause there ain't no more running around sucking blood, hiding in the shadows, and turning into monsterous wolves. You're human now, so start acting like it. Go about normal lives now...change your clothes, get a real job and an apt. and start mingling with other humans...settle down and have a nice family.

I mean personally I don't care...I'm a big fan of Horror movies and Werewolves are some of my favorite "legendary" creatures...but...I wasn't very keen on the second one. If they make a 3rd one, sure, cool whatever...I'm not forced to see it or like it. I just think it was over with...with everyone being turned into humans and all.

With all do respect - why are some people saying that they are all humans or all dead (the vampires and the lycans) - watch and understand the movie please! It was a LIE!! What was believed, that killing either William or Markus would destroy the blood lines thus eradicating both species, was not true at all. Tannis explains this to Selene and Michael. It was a "clever deception" created to fool Viktor into never harming either Markus or his brother - one that Viktor would never test.

There is still more story to tell. We have a really interesting series of Werewolf/Vampire movies that has spawned its own universe. It's a world where Vampires can see their own reflection in mirrors (first movie with Erika and Selene and the black dress) and not turn to ash upon death (why not I wonder) and Werewolves can change whenever they want, channeling their rage, and not just when there is a full moon (established in the first movie).

Let's continue to explore this universe. Either prequel or sequel (which I would prefer right now) would be great. Selene appears to be a 'Daywalker' a vampire who can tolerate sunlight - after drinking the immortal blood of Alexander Corvinus. A new storyline can definately build from that, as well as Micheal's connection to the Corvinus' and being a vampire/lycan hybrid. Is he now the 'heir to the throne' for both species? He is the only living decendant!

Possible sequel titles - Underworld 3: Uprising OR Underworld 3: Aftermath
Why can't the story be set 10 or 20 years from now in an apocalyptic future were Vampires and Lycans have taken over. I would love to see a Lycan/Vampire war in the tradition (somewhat) of Lord of the Rings. Involving humans in the 3rd movie would also be great (in a much larger role other than just 'live stock'). Without Alexander and his men, there is no one left to clean up the mess. Humans are now fleeing and forced to go underground, thus creating a new Underworld (of humans).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"