Should there be a Underworld 3?

There's plenty of room for them to go:

Underworld: Annilhalation(narrative by Kate Beckinsale). The war between the Lycans and Vampires has always been one of secrecy. For thousands of years we fought, never arousing the attention of humanity. I was once a deathdealer in this battle. I believed in our mission, until the truth of my beloved step-father Victor was revealed, whom I killed. While attempting to unlock the truth of our past, I fell in love with Michael. The forerunner of Alexander Arctavius, the first immortal and the father of both the Vampires and Lycans. As the truth was revealed, I learned that Arctavius was still alive, and the horrible truth of Marcus the first true vampire, and William the first lycan was actually his sons. Unknowingly to me Marcus was awoken with knowledge of what had transpired, and began his mad quest to release his brother from the prison which Victor had built, and hidden. In the aftermath, Arctavius killed his father and gained the key to at last open William's jail. In the last deed of his long life, Arctavius granted me his power, and in turn I became the only carrier of the original blood of the immortals. To stop Marcus, Michael and I met him and his brother William in mortal combat. We won. The lines which once divided Lycans and Vampires are blurred, as we now learn of our common heritage. The old hatred which once ignited our fears and anger, is now replaced by confusion and uncertainty. The future is uncertain now, yet I fear the war is not yet over, but only begun.

This is where I come in. In light of the recent subway battle, forest fighting, and shipyard explosion. The battle between Lycans and Vampires has poured on to the streets of humanity. The human world who has watched idly by will now be force to become involved in a war which they had not been for thousands of years. The lessons of useless mercy once displayed by their predecessors will be thrown out. The ultimate goal now: Destruction of all Lycans and Vampires at all cost to save humanity. The Lycans and Vampires now must band together for the first time ever to ensure their future.

Wow, like what you've wrote DE, very good.

If they do a prequel,then Beckinsale won't be able to wear the leather outfit,they should do a sequel of a futuristic apocalyptic world.

First things first, i didn´t liked the first movie.
It had potential, but, IMO, it failed.
I saw the sequel last weekend, and i was surprised...i liked it.
Sure, it could be way better, but it was a fun movie.

As for a 3rd movie?
Well, it it´s going to be set after the 2nd, i think it´s a bad call, it can only be mediocre.
Why?
Because there is no room of progression
I was seeing the movie, and knowing of the rumours of a trilogy, i thought that William would be the villain in the third one...the uber-werewolf would make the world tremble.
But, no, they choosed to kill him (dumb move, because he was only in the movie for the last fight), so, what to make now, except to try to cash in?

As for the prequel idea?
Yeah, sure, that i can see working...

Isildur´s Heir said:
First things first, i didn´t liked the first movie.
It had potential, but, IMO, it failed.
I saw the sequel last weekend, and i was surprised...i liked it.
Sure, it could be way better, but it was a fun movie.

As for a 3rd movie?
Well, it it´s going to be set after the 2nd, i think it´s a bad call, it can only be mediocre.
Why?
Because there is no room of progression
I was seeing the movie, and knowing of the rumours of a trilogy, i thought that William would be the villain in the third one...the uber-werewolf would make the world tremble.
But, no, they choosed to kill him (dumb move, because he was only in the movie for the last fight), so, what to make now, except to try to cash in?

As for the prequel idea?
Yeah, sure, that i can see working...

^Good point.:up:

Darth Elektra,
I stand corrected. Vamps and Lycans banding together to fight humanity would be pretty cool. Particularly if it is half as bloody as Evolution was. If they went that route I hope they draw from the X-Men comics for inspiration. I would like to see something like Operation:Zero Tolerance and Bastion or Bolivar Trask and the Sentinels/human form.

When you think about it, its obvious that Corvinus is running a large organization. I'm sure it has its fingers in all different kinds of government, corporate organizations.

Who gets his empire, money, holdings after his death? Also, I'm sure that the US govt., among others has people working with, or inside Corvinus corporate empire. So, perhaps his attempt to keep the Vampire/Lycan war has been a failure, and some humans have known about it all along. And maybe they have been developing countermeasures.

Or perhaps even cooler, Corvinus has some contingency plans-like the Magneto Protocols or Cadmus from JLU-that might be used to take out Vamps/Lycans if he was killed.

And now Selene, Michael, with the remaining Lycans/Vamps have to stop the plans from being undertaken. Something like that.

I'm a fanboy, so I would love to see an army of genetically modified, or cybernetic human soldiers (Operation Zero Tolerance) designed to kill Death Dealers and Lycans be unleashed.

Wow,those are some cool ideas! I wouldnt mind if Len went down that road.

I think it will be hard to think of a third film idea as everyone they know or heard of is well dead, so i hope they get exposed to humans and they try to find them and some they have to stop the humans from trying to get them and making them a lap rat really so they to get help people they meet along the way and help them say a 19 or 25 helps them as they think its wrong for humans wanted to treat them like a laprat helps them and they follow them around helping and then they get more people who don't want to help vamps or lycans or hybrids and make a human resisdent and to help fight the humans Selene and micheal turn some who know what they getting into to help fight and live in peace again.

Something like that maybe.

Well,I figured William would be the main baddy in the third film but instead they decided to kill him.

Darth Elektra said:
There's plenty of room for them to go:

Underworld: Annilhalation(narrative by Kate Beckinsale). The war between the Lycans and Vampires has always been one of secrecy. For thousands of years we fought, never arousing the attention of humanity. I was once a deathdealer in this battle. I believed in our mission, until the truth of my beloved step-father Victor was revealed, whom I killed. While attempting to unlock the truth of our past, I fell in love with Michael. The forerunner of Alexander Arctavius, the first immortal and the father of both the Vampires and Lycans. As the truth was revealed, I learned that Arctavius was still alive, and the horrible truth of Marcus the first true vampire, and William the first lycan was actually his sons. Unknowingly to me Marcus was awoken with knowledge of what had transpired, and began his mad quest to release his brother from the prison which Victor had built, and hidden. In the aftermath, Arctavius killed his father and gained the key to at last open William's jail. In the last deed of his long life, Arctavius granted me his power, and in turn I became the only carrier of the original blood of the immortals. To stop Marcus, Michael and I met him and his brother William in mortal combat. We won. The lines which once divided Lycans and Vampires are blurred, as we now learn of our common heritage. The old hatred which once ignited our fears and anger, is now replaced by confusion and uncertainty. The future is uncertain now, yet I fear the war is not yet over, but only begun.

This is where I come in. In light of the recent subway battle, forest fighting, and shipyard explosion. The battle between Lycans and Vampires has poured on to the streets of humanity. The human world who has watched idly by will now be force to become involved in a war which they had not been for thousands of years. The lessons of useless mercy once displayed by their predecessors will be thrown out. The ultimate goal now: Destruction of all Lycans and Vampires at all cost to save humanity. The Lycans and Vampires now must band together for the first time ever to ensure their future.

Wow,thats what the secont one should have been then the third been a prequel.

Current Box Office totals (as of March 18, 2006):

Domestic: $62,318,875
Foreign: $32,581,948
= Worldwide: $94,900,823

Upcoming Worldwide Release Dates
March
New Zealand - March 30, 2006
Peru – March 23, 2006
Venezuela – March 24, 2006
Columbia – March 31, 2006
Uruguay – March 31, 2006

April
Belgium - April 5, 2006
Argentina – April 6, 2006
South Africa – April 7, 2006
Central America – April 7, 2006
Ecuador – April 13, 2006
Kenya – April 14, 2006
Hungary - April 20, 2006
Netherlands - April 20, 2006
Chile – April 20, 2006
Bolivia – April 20, 2006
Sweden - April 21, 2006
Nigeria – April 21, 2006
Japan – April 22, 2006
Finland - April 28, 2006
India – April 28, 2006

Underworld: (2003)
Domestic: $51,970,690
Foreign: $43,737,767
= Worldwide: $95,708,457

1million till it beats Underworld. Do any of you guys think it could break the 100million mark?

Interesting story premise for Underworld 3 Darth Elektra, however the "recent subway battle, and forest fighting" were covered up by Alexander's men. Since the "shipyard explosion" and only after some time has passed will the humans discover (and believe) Vampires and Lycans roam their world - Alexander's men are now ALL gone.

Underworld 3: Uprising – Aftermath – Supremacy (pick one)
10 years from now in an apocalyptic future, Vampires and Lycans rule separate nations and have taken over the lands once occupied by Humans. The Humans have been losing this battle. In this war they are no more than ‘live stock’ to the savage Lycans and slaves to the aristocratic Vampires. Hundreds of Humans have fled, cowering underground, forming the “Underworld”, a term used by these Resistance Fighters to describe their ‘cities’ deep beneath the streets. As the war rages between the 3 factions, Selene and Michael have joined forces with the Humans in an attempt to set the balance. It is a 3-way war for Supremacy.

Also, you make reference to "Alexander Arctavius". I believe you mean "Corvinus" as the last name.

phoenixflight said:
Underworld 3: Uprising – Aftermath – Supremacy (pick one)
10 years from now in an apocalyptic future, Vampires and Lycans rule separate nations and have taken over the lands once occupied by Humans. The Humans have been losing this battle. In this war they are no more than ‘live stock’ to the savage Lycans and slaves to the aristocratic Vampires. Hundreds of Humans have fled, cowering underground, forming the “Underworld”, a term used by these Resistance Fighters to describe their ‘cities’ deep beneath the streets. As the war rages between the 3 factions, Selene and Michael have joined forces with the Humans in an attempt to set the balance. It is a 3-way war for Supremacy.

Also, you make reference to "Alexander Arctavius". I believe you mean "Corvinus" as the last name.

Very nice... and yes your right I had his name wrong thanks for correcting me. I wondering if there's any way we can contact Len or Sony and give them this synopsis?

I dobut they'd take a synopsis from fans. They believe a fan is only someone who gives them money. We, as fans, are more than that.

Darth Elektra said:
Very nice... and yes your right I had his name wrong thanks for correcting me. I wondering if there's any way we can contact Len or Sony and give them this synopsis?

I think its worth a try give lots to chose from like everyone idea on here and try to find a way to get it sent to him.

As of Tuesday, March 21, 2006, Underworld: Evolution has surpassed the original in the worldwide box office:

Domestic: $62,318,875
Foreign: $38,263,341

= Worldwide: $100,582,216

And there are still these countries left for release:

In March
New Zealand - March 30, 2006
Peru – March 23, 2006
Venezuela – March 24, 2006
Columbia – March 31, 2006
Uruguay – March 31, 2006

In April
Belgium - April 5, 2006
Argentina – April 6, 2006
South Africa – April 7, 2006
Central America – April 7, 2006
Ecuador – April 13, 2006
Kenya – April 14, 2006
Hungary - April 20, 2006
Netherlands - April 20, 2006
Chile – April 20, 2006
Bolivia – April 20, 2006
Sweden - April 21, 2006
Nigeria – April 21, 2006
Japan – April 22, 2006
Finland - April 28, 2006
India – April 28, 2006

I think they should. I really liked the second one. The father part was kind of confusing, but other than that it worked for me. I think the whole idea of the movies put an interesting twist on it, and brought something a little different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"