Skyfall vs. TDKR

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by Batmansvoice, Nov 1, 2012.

1. MAKAVELI25

MAKAVELI25 Well-Known Member

I agree, Neeson is a big part of the reason why the Batman Begins premise is somewhat plausible.

2. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

It may not have been great, but laughable? Did people really laugh when the death scene happened?

3. Brain Damage

Brain Damage Everything Under the Sun

Actually, every time I've seen it, yes.

4. Brain Damage

Liam's performance gets better and better every single time I watch Begins :up:

5. MAKAVELI25

MAKAVELI25 Well-Known Member

:csad: Guilty. I had the same reaction when she died as in that awkwardly funny scene when Peter starts crying in SM3, it was just such a :whatever: moment

6. Anno_Domini

Hrm, must've been me. And talking about Spider-Man 3, while I didn't laugh when Peter cried, I did wonder why he made such an awkward face, but I didn't find anything laughable with Talia's death. Made me scratch my head with the "jolt" she made, but that's it.

7. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

They've got parodies of it on the net.

8. Anno_Domini

They've got parodies for Bane as well, but Bane wasn't laughable.

9. The Joker

There's parodies of a ton of comic book characters from movies on the net who are not funny. They are not intended to mock the characters because they were laughably bad in the movie. They're just comedy sketches for fun.

How many parodies can you find of the death of a villain that was supposed to be serious and dramatic in the movie? Just look at this link alone; http://peopledyinglikemarioncotillard.tumblr.com/

Five pages of "people dying like Marion Cottiard" lol.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  10. BatLobsterRises

BatLobsterRises Lobsterized

There are parodies of the interrogation scene in TDK, namely because of Batman's voice, and that's like the key scene to the whole movie (and still one of my favorite scenes in the entire trilogy, mind you). Much more important a scene than Talia's death scene, in the grand scheme.

Hahaha. Oh internet...what a wonderful world.

11. The Joker

There's like one or two parodies of the interrogation room scene about Batman's voice. That's a dig at Batman's voice, not the scene itself. There's parodies of many scenes from TDK, like the mob meeting with the Joker; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNnr4v_AJnc&feature=relmfu

Like the interrogation room, it's not a dig at the scene itself. It's just a comedy sketch. Spoofs are done for great scenes in movies all the time. You don't see parodies and spoofs being done by the dozen for what is supposed to be a serious and dramatic death.

12. Brain Damage

[​IMG]

I can't stop laughing.

13. The Joker

LOL the dog is more convincing than she was :oldrazz:

14. Fudgie

Fudgie Well-Known Member

Ahahahahaha!!!!!!

Classic.

15. BatLobsterRises

BatLobsterRises Lobsterized

Yeah, I do get the difference. Not saying it wasn't a weak death, just that the internet these days is super meme-driven with everyone looking to get in on the fun, so I tend to take it all with a bit of a grain of salt.

But the dog gif is priceless, heh.

16. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

17. TheBat812

TheBat812 Well-Known Member

Her death was actually pretty realistic, just not very theatrical, which ended up working against them. It was supposed to be a parallel of sorts to Bruce - they both broke their backs, only she was essentially paralyzed and that last twitch was the final moment where it finally gave out. We're used to deaths a certain way, and that was not it, haha. What really made it ridiculous was Gordon being absolutely fine.

As for the parodies, none of them are digs at the scenes themselves but at a part of the performances, so there really isn't much difference, imo.

18. The Joker

Really, so who's performance is this one having a dig at; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNnr4v_AJnc&feature=relmfu

19. Anno_Domini

I'm not denying that the death was made to become a parody for so many to use, but just the idea that it has parodies doesn't mean the character or scene is laughable at all. Although, while I didn't find the scene funny, those parodies are pretty hilarious.

20. TheBat812

21. The Joker

I'm not talking about her character, I'm talking about her death scene. Like with Batman's voice, it's found laughable by a lot of people. It's one of the most criticized things in the movie. There are some people who don't find Batman's voice laughable, but like you with Cottiard's death scene they are a minority.

Too many people criticized it and made parodies of it, like they did over Batman's voice, to say it's not considered laughable; [YT]NlT2TvBNSbM[/YT]

Yes, they are both performance mocks. Though in Batman's case it's not Christian's fault since his voice was meddled with in post production.

22. Anno_Domini

I wasn't speaking on the character of Talia either though. I'm generalizing parodies as in talking about characters(for instance, Bane) or a scene(for instance, Talia's death scene). The parodies are indeed incredibly funny, but it's definitely something I never thought of being really funny, but to each their own I guess. I can laugh at Batman yelling out "Where's the trigger!?!?!?!" to Bane, but for some reason I just don't laugh at Talia's death scene, lol.

23. TheBat812

No, people have mocked his voice in all three films.

24. Brain Damage

Oh god, first time I saw TDKR, when Batman started yelling "Where's the trigger?!?!" I literally had to stifle my laughter and remind myself that the scene was serious.

25. Anno_Domini

Felt the same way. My brother told me he wanted to laugh as well but we knew we couldn't since the scene was so important and supposed to be so serious as well.