Maybe ?

Peter Jackson ?
Guillermo deltoro ?
Matthew Vaughn?
David Fincher ?

Which one can be further ruled out ?

^i'd take del toro off since this would be his 131st project in development lol

and fincher that aint happening imo the most logical choices are gonna be

Gore and Vaughn imo and both would be good fit's both can do comedy,action,drama,and fantasy

^i'd take del toro off since this would be his 131st project in development lol

and fincher that aint happening imo the most logical choices are gonna be

Gore and Vaughn imo and both would be good fit's both can do comedy,action,drama,and fantasy

Agreed and Peter Jackson will be still busy with Hobbit trilogy for another two years, so he can be ruled out.

Updated List -

Out of consideration -

Ben Affleck.
Brad Bird.
JJ Abrams.
Jon Favreau.
Steven Spielberg.

Peter Jackson
Guillermo Deltoro

Unlikely-
J
ames Cameron.
Ridley Scott.
Christopher Nolan.

Maybe ?

Gore Verbinski.
Matthew Vaughn.
David Fincher.

Last edited:
Gore Verbinski
Neil Blomkamp
Joseph Kosinski
Sam Raimi
Joe Johnston

I honestly would not mind Verbinski at all. Though Verbimski should have kept a tighter eye on the POTC sequels scripts, he still gave them interesting direction and flair. Give him the right script and I think he would fit well.

If Fincher said he wanted to direct SW in his youth, why couldn't it be something he still wanna do?

I'm still surprised Ron Howard isn't being talked about. He's on my top 5 list.

Reasons why it will be David Fincher:

1) His first job was taking on a franchise (Alien3)
2) He loves SW, especially ESB, which he's always wanted to remake
3) He's worked with Kennedy before (remember, she said she was going to talk to people who were both enthusiastic and who she's worked with)
4) He was going to make 20,000 Leagues for Disney, but this is a much more certain money-maker, dream project. Note that he said he wanted 20,000 Leagues to be his ESB. Well, know he can really make ESB.
5) He has the SW Pedigree (having worked on ROTJ--sorry, Johnston).

And a David Fincher SW, IMO, will be great.

Star Wars Episode VI: Princess with the Hutt Tattoo :-D
Will know more on Fincher in 3 months.

Out of consideration -

Ben Affleck.
Brad Bird.
JJ Abrams.
Jon Favreau.
Steven Spielberg.

Unlikely-
J
ames Cameron.
Ridley Scott.
Christopher Nolan.

Maybe ?

Peter Jackson ?
Guillermo deltoro ?
Matthew Vaughn?
David Fincher ?

Which one can be further ruled out ?
Jackson, Del Toro, Vaughn and Cameron.

Rest (in order of yes to doing it):
Fincher
Scott
Nolan

IMO all the above names have no shot in doing it.

If Fincher said he wanted to direct SW in his youth, why couldn't it be something he still wanna do?

Fincher can do it but he's also infamous for being somewhat difficult. He's fought with the studio heads for his cut for 'Girl/Dragon' and 'Ben Button'. Also he's so meticulous that he'll do hundreds of takes to get a scene right.

It depends if Lucasfilm wants to deal with him especially with a schedule like this.

^If anything that's what we want. Actors that act like that usually who we *********e over. :o

Peter Jackson is never going to do Star Wars. He's too busy with the Hobbit trilogy now anyway.

Del Toro already has the biggest movie of his career coming up. I doubt he takes it.

People need to think outside of their geek box.

People need to think outside of their geek box.

Exactly. Anytime a new movie's coming up, it's always the same small pool of director and casting choices. Did anyone honestly foresee Michael Arndt as writer?

I wouldn't mind Gore Verbinski at all.

Exactly. Anytime a new movie's coming up, it's always the same small pool of director and casting choices. Did anyone honestly foresee Michael Arndt as writer?

It was a completely obvious choice and he was the BEST choice. Just no one saw it coming.

Although I did say John Logan and Jon Spaihts were good choices too.

I know why a lot of people are avoiding this, the perceived lose-lose situation, etc....

But I'll do it.... for cheap too. Hear that Disney?

I'll put some new names in the pool. Joe Wright, Tom Hooper, Gareth Evans, Alan Taylor, and Rupert Sanders?

Big names don't want it because it's Star Wars. Less known directors don't want it because they don't want to be associated with Star Wars forever. It's easy to say you'd jump at the chance, but you already know what comes with it.

These are my top 5 picks:
Alfonso Cuarón
Brad Bird
Joon-ho Bong
Cary Fukunaga
Juan Antonio Bayona

Bird is now out leaving 4. I tried to search for SW fan directors when I made the list and couldn't find any now they are coming out of the woodwork.

Kevin Smith is probably the biggest SW fan director, and whil I personally love his movies, would not want him on Episode VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"