Stranger Things (Netflix) - Part 1

Or maybe people just didn't like it at all.

giphy.gif

I can't disagree with that. :)

Admittedly, there's a part of me that almost wishes the series would end here. Before you throw stones at me, hear me out. I feel like Season one and two tell this perfect story and the way season two ends is so beautifully and hit me so emotionally I don't want to see it (potentially) ruined in further seasons. Just like so many great 80's film series that crash and burn after the second installment, I'd hate to see the series lose its charming novelty.

But, I trust the Duffer Brothers, they seem like they have an overall plan and story for the show. If they don't run into the usual pitfalls that many shows succumb to in their later seasons then this could end up being one of the greatest coming of age tales put to celluloid.

Admittedly, there's a part of me that almost wishes the series would end here. Before you throw stones at me, hear me out. I feel like Season one and two tell this perfect story and the way season two ends is so beautifully and hit me so emotionally I don't want to see it (potentially) ruined in further seasons. Just like so many great 80's film series that crash and burn after the second installment, I'd hate to see the series lose its charming novelty.

But, I trust the Duffer Brothers, they seem like they have an overall plan and story for the show. If they don't run into the usual pitfalls that many shows succumb to in their later seasons then this could end up being one of the greatest coming of age tales put to celluloid.

You've got a point; while Season One left enough plotlines open for Season Two to build off it, Season Two closed most of them, save perhaps for the angry Mind Flayer angrily lurking in the Upside Down... But he's locked out.

That's why the series will almost have to transition a bit to a different conflict paradigm with more "human" monsters. I mean, if we're going to see the Upside Down again, someone has to open the door, and we only know Eleven can do that. So...either we're going to never see the Upside Down again, the Mind Flayer's going to open it up itself, or Eleven or a sibling will do so for some reason.

Most likely scenario is one of the numbers possibly opening up the portal again. Hardly doubt we've seen the last of the Mind Flayer.

Most likely scenario is one of the numbers possibly opening up the portal again. Hardly doubt we've seen the last of the Mind Flayer.

Yep, they wouldn't have included that ominous final shot in the second season if they don't plan to re-visit the Upside Down and the Mind Flayer again. I hope we learn a little more about the Upside Down and what it actually is before the series ends. I get that it's another dimension, but why does it look exactly like ours (down to buildings, cars, e.t.c), just all dirty and decayed and without any humans? Why is it filled with monsters? Why is that weird Silent Hill type, ashy snow stuff always in the air, even inside? Could it be an alternate timeline maybe, where some kind of catclysmic event occured and killed all life on earth? And then the earth in this alternate timeline became overrun by interdimensional monsters? :thf:

Oh Mad, you are always on top of things.

‘Stranger Things’ Season 3 Adds Maya Thurman-Hawke, Ups Priah Ferguson
Thurman-Hawke will play an “alternative girl” bored with her mundane day job. She seeks excitement in her life and gets more than she bargained for when she uncovers a dark secret in Hawkins, Ind.

Ferguson appeared last season in a guest role as Erica, Lucas’ strong-willed, little sister. The scene-stealer returns in the next installment with an army of her own friends. No longer content with sitting on the sidelines, Erica finds herself on a wild mission to save Hawkins from a dangerous new threat.
And yes, she is the daughter of that Thurman and Hawke.

Wow! I had no idea a Thurman-Hawke existed lol. Look forward to seeing more of her.

I read that without looking at the link, assuming it was from either Uma or Ethan Hawke and legit spit out my water.

Wow! I had no idea a Thurman-Hawke existed lol. Look forward to seeing more of her.

A Thurman-Hawke sounds like some kind of apparatus used to bridge dimensions.

I'll be that one unpopular guy here... Not crazy about Lucas' sister getting more spotlight. I get it... sassy cute younger sisters make for great laughs. But, eh... I actually didn't like that little girl's performance in the part. Plus... this is a big cast already. The next seasons can go much deeper with the kids we already know and are invested in. Sure, there will be additions of course but that adds to my point. Lucas' sister plot importance and arc better be DAMNED good if it cuts into the arcs and stories of other characters.

A Thurman-Hawke sounds like some kind of apparatus used to bridge dimensions.

I'll be that one unpopular guy here... Not crazy about Lucas' sister getting more spotlight. I get it... sassy cute younger sisters make for great laughs. But, eh... I actually didn't like that little girl's performance in the part. Plus... this is a big cast already. The next seasons can go much deeper with the kids we already know and are invested in. Sure, there will be additions of course but that adds to my point. Lucas' sister plot importance and arc better be DAMNED good if it cuts into the arcs and stories of other characters.
It does!

Yeah. Any focus on new characters needs to be justified by those arcs being equally as good as the ones that focus on the main characters already introduced. In that case it would help the show, otherwise it will dilute its quality.

It does!

Yeah. Any focus on new characters needs to be justified by those arcs being equally as good as the ones that focus on the main characters already introduced. In that case it would help the show, otherwise it will dilute its quality.

It can work if they condense the number of plots in Season 3 for the kids and parents. Two seasons in a row they kept three or four plotlines running for the same group of characters. If next season is going to see the kids sticking together throughout alongside the parents for one story or so, then having some new characters play the ignorant innocent could justify the expanded cast.

It can work if they condense the number of plots in Season 3 for the kids and parents. Two seasons in a row they kept three or four plotlines running for the same group of characters. If next season is going to see the kids sticking together throughout alongside the parents for one story or so, then having some new characters play the ignorant innocent could justify the expanded cast.

It’s fine as long as they make it as interesting as the main character storylines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"