Suicide Squad's positivity thread

The critics are so, so, so wrong. This movie was absolutely phenomenal, and the sold out crowd in my theater were consistently engaged, responsive, and they applauded loudly at the end.

RT went down to 27% (same as BvS) as Twitter activity went up to 6:1 positive.

The critics are copping it this time

I'm not a Twitter guy, so I reckon that ratio represents six positive tweets for every negative ones?

IMDB has it at 7.5/10 with over 22,000 votes.

Something is in the damn water. I've never seen a divide like this year has brought.

I like this Joker a lot.

Can't wait to see him against Batman.

Very good movie 8/10
I wish this came out in July instead of August
I kinda see executive meddling all over this film but you know what? I still love it
This is the type of movie you can watch a lot and enjoy
Soundtrack was great I loved all the music in the film even the eminem song managed to work

I was worried about Joker
He's not in it as much but his brief presence left me wanting to see him more

I hope this does well enough to warrant a sequel. I love the characters and I really want more movies with Deadshot, Harley, Boomerang, Flag and Waller.

I hope this does well enough to warrant a sequel. I love the characters and I really want more movies with Deadshot, Harley, Boomerang, Flag and Waller.

You just ruined who's gonna live:oldrazz:

I want to see that Harley spin off

I hope so too! I also hope Ben Affleck loves Joker and Harley enough to get them in his movie, which we would be getting sooner than Suicide Squad sequel

I think whatever happens the studio is aware that the response to Margot as Harley has been very positive

Will be interesting to see what the CinemaScore is for this, if it gets an A or A+ we will know general audiences are really digging it. But if it's a B... well we all know how BvS dropped after week 1.

It was such a great experience.Money and time well spent :D

So I went with my friend,and the hall was completely packed.So before they showed the WW trailer and the whole hall absolutely erupted.I mean it was deafening.

It was a solid 8/10 for me.All the characters were amazing,Harley,Deadshot,Waller,Joker,Croc,Boomerang and Flag were all well done.The other characters could have got more screentime but the limited they got were pretty good.The story was decent and the action was well done.The jokes landed well and it was all in all a fun experience.The crowd I went to really loved it,there was a lot of cheering and laughs(much more than either BvS/CW or deadpool earlier this year) and the atmosphere was electric.Some of the cameos and cool moments(including the credit scene) were hyped as ***** and people lost it.When everyone left the hall,it was all positive talk.

Now to be more critical and the things I didnt like.The starting felt a bit wonky with all the character introductions,felt like it could have been fleshed out a bit more.Some of the cuts were weird and a few of the scenes from the trailers were missing.Although Joker was well used and I loved him in it,I couldnt really judge him in the limited screentime and wanted to see more from him.This was the only Ayer film Ive seen,and judging from only this,I felt like Snyder is a much better director.The character writing was on point though.The plot was good for a suicide squad film.The villain didnt suck as people said,but it wasnt great either.Some of the moments were very creepy.It wasnt a very well made perfect film,but it was solid and very entertaining.

I really think this will do well with audiences(much more than BvS,although I felt BvS UC is a superior film),and this movie will make a lot of money.The world building was cool,and there were many moments where I completely nerded out.The fans will like it as well.I think this is a much needed win for DC Films.Roll on Wonder Woman :)

Ok RT audience score is out, Critics 27% v Audiences 74%, crazy.

74% after 60K votes, for reference Secret of Pets at 66% at less than 50K votes.

Ive feeling SS is gonna do well in the box office.WB needs this one to be a hit.From what Mark Hughes said,anything above 650 mil is great and above 700 mil is a success.

Ive feeling SS is gonna do well in the box office.WB needs this one to be a hit.From what Mark Hughes said,anything above 650 mil is great and above 700 mil is a success.

I have a feeling that we wouldn't need this thread going ahead. :yay:

it seems to me ,angry joe is way above ' like SS" level, it may feels like they are on "love SS so much" level

so many F bombs be deployed in his very first few sentences.( I knew they ' like ' to use F bomb)

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26vgMGS3INA[/YT]

Last edited:
Are we allowed in here to say that I really like SUICIDE SQUAD while also acknowledging certain flawed aspects to its overall presentation?

Is that allowed? I mean, not every film is the greatest ever or the worse ever. Sometimes, a film is just good. Personally, this film felt good and played good with bursts of greatness and bursts of badness.

Out of 5, I'm going 3.9 if I had to give it a score....

aren't those imdb and tomatoes fan votes made by we overzealous fans before some/a large chunk have seen the movie? i seem to recall bvs having similar standing then dropping day after day.

Are we allowed in here to say that I really like SUICIDE SQUAD while also acknowledging certain flawed aspects to its overall presentation?

Is that allowed? I mean, not every film is the greatest ever or the worse ever. Sometimes, a film is just good. Personally, this film felt good and played good with bursts of greatness and bursts of badness.

We're here to discuss the film without crapping on everyone else who likes the movie, so go for it.

Completely agreed.I like your taste man.I had the same thoughts regarding the movie.Its a entertaining movie.Its not the greatest,its not the worst either.

aren't those imdb and tomatoes fan votes made by we overzealous fans before some/a large chunk have seen the movie? i seem to recall bvs having similar standing then dropping day after day.

there are overzealous fans on both sides, people who love DC and those who hate it. im sure theres plenty of 1/10s on there.

I absolutely loved this film. I can easily see Leto becoming the best live action Joker. No one can ever beat Mark Hammil, he IS the Joker. But I feel like he has a chance. Plus there's a scene that made me hate Batman and feel bad for a criminal which I never thought I'd feel on film which was amazing. You can truly understand those moments where Robin, Nightwing, or Batgirl etc are taken aback by how far Batman takes something. Overall, great.

This movie had flaws but no way is it a bad movie. I was entertained throughout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"