• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 TASM2 vs. Other Marvel 2014 Movies - Part 1

I can't wait to see Captain America: The Winter Soldier. If it was any other year, Cap would be by far my most anticipated film, but regardless how awesome Cap seems to be, The Amazing Spider-Man looks epic, larger than life and all around the best I've seen from Spider-Man In my entire life, both from comics, cartoons and live action adaptations.

Let's hope that all these films are brilliant though, so everybody wins.

Sounds good to me!

Lhûgion;28304121 said:
Hm, the 33 min footage screening I visited was far more exciting than The Winter Soldier. Sure WS was great and epic and absolutely no bad flick, but for me Henry Jackmans score killed my joy for the whole movie :D

In my current opinion I think The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is superior to the Winter Soldier as a movie itself.
(Could've been a lot closer if they let Alan Silvestri or Bryan Tyler score TWS)
I hope the remaining 109 minutes of TASM2 will make it even better.
Wait, so because the score is bad it makes it an inferior movie altogether :huh:

Just on my way to see TWS now...can't wait! I'll listen out for the score :)

TWS is at 92% on RT with 38 reviews

Looks like its received pretty great reviews so far

TWS is at 92% on RT with 37 reviews

Looks like its received pretty great reviews so far
It'll probably go down a bit as more reviews come in, but I think it'll be in the mid-high 80s. :)

It'll probably go down a bit as more reviews come in, but I think it'll be in the mid-high 80s. :)

I think it might even stay in the 90s. But perhaps I'm too optimistic about superhero films I'm excited for. lol

I'm assuming it'll be from 85-95% on RT. Probably closer to 90%.

I think it will end up 87% ultimately only because I know some critics will poopoo the big CGI action piece in the third act because of the usual reviewer snootiness.

OK I'm back...it's leagues better than TFA. I enjoyed that movie to begin with but everything about TWS is better: the tone, the direction, everything. It's quite furious, it gets on with events with no time to waste - seriously, bathroom breaks should be kept to a minimum :)

Falcon was a great addition, I want to see him in AoU so bad. The action sequences are very brutal at times. So many broken kneecaps...

The score doesn't really stand out so much - it fits certain scenes quite well when there's a buildup, but otherwise, you're not going to be humming it after the credits or anything.

I wasn't really a diehard fan of Cap before this one, but Im reconsidering now.... Man, he kicks more butt than a rocket launcher wielding t-rex riding on a giant great white shark that's shooting laserbeams from its eyeballs while skydiving off an exploding plane at a hundred miles an hour.

Oh and there's two end credit scenes, just like in Thor 2 ;)

Last edited:
Ugh, out of all the CBM's this year, my expectations for TMNT are by far the lowest, both pre and post-trailer. It looks like the 80's cartoon told in Bayformers tone/style.

OK I'm back...it's leagues better than TFA. I enjoyed that movie to begin with but everything about TWS is better: the tone, the direction, everything. It's quite furious, it gets on with events with no time to waste - seriously, bathroom breaks should be kept to a minimum :)

Falcon was a great addition, I want to see him in AoU so bad. The action sequences are very brutal at times. So many broken kneecaps...

The score doesn't really stand out so much - it fits certain scenes quite well when there's a buildup, but otherwise, you're not going to be humming it after the credits or anything.

I wasn't really a diehard fan of Cap before this one, but Im reconsidering now.... Man, he kicks more butt than a rocket launcher wielding t-rex riding on a giant great white shark that's shooting laserbeams from its eyeballs while skydiving off an exploding plane at a hundred miles an hour.

Oh and there's two end credit scenes, just like in Thor 2 ;)
Cool, this gets me more excited!

I want to see that post credits scene with QS.

Captain America will probably be the best of the year.

I never was a Cap fan but TFS really got be excited since it seems to be quite different from everyday CBMs with the James Bond/Mission Impossible type of tone/story

TASM2 is the one that interests me the most of all superhero movies this year. Do I trust it's going to be great? Who knows. I haven't been in these forums a lot.

It will probably be great but it has lot of elements that the critics love to hate

Lots of Jokes and quips,drama,lots of character which may seem a little crowded,CGI and the usual reboot hate

I would be pretty happy if it ends up anywhere above 75% on RT

It will probably be great but it has lot of elements that the critics love to hate

Lots of Jokes and quips,drama,lots of character which may seem a little crowded,CGI and the usual reboot hate

Agreed, it has those elements. I found that it didn't overdo it all that much. There were certain scenes that were very similar to the sequence in IM3 "honestly these guys are so weird..." but that was the extent of it. It wasn't OTT like in Thor2.

Well critics aren't going to hate the film for having too many characters if the movie is good. That's more of a concern people seem to have before seeing it.

Does anyone hate LoTR for that reason, I wonder? :whatever:

How was TWS, Morbius?

How was TWS, Morbius?

mind-blown.gif

It was like a James Bond movie (the Daniel Craig ones) but with superheroes. It's incredible. I wrote a little more a few posts ago ^^ :D

So, CA:TWS just got a verdict from critics in rottentomatoes.

"Suspenseful and politically astute, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is a superior entry in the Avengers canon and is sure to thrill Marvel diehards."

So, CA:TWS just got a verdict from critics in rottentomatoes.

"Suspenseful and politically astute, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is a superior entry in the Avengers canon and is sure to thrill Marvel diehards."

It's a spy action thriller, whereas TFA felt more like a throwback to Indiana Jones with campy performances

It's a spy action thriller, whereas TFA felt more like a throwback to Indiana Jones with campy performances

I guess you can't really compare it to TASM 2, because those two are completely different type of films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"