• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Rises The 80th TDKR General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 85

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that there's anything wrong with that......

Planning to walk out about an hour into the movie to give myself more to look forward to, adding about half an hour with each new viewing. Maybe after five or six times, I'll have decided to watch it all. If I decide to watch it all, bc there's nothing else after this. Just void empty space. #burnedoutexcitementfuse

latest-the-dark-knight-rises-photo-02.jpg

Guys how can't u know? This is the where bane VS batman fight happens.

It is not neither cave or sewer. It seems like a power water plant.

Anybody check out the last post on the "TDKR Story Spoilers and Rumors (NO DISCUSSION)" thread? All the plot information from the novelization sounds unlikely, possibly made up... and somewhat contradicts whats shown in the trailers and tv spots. Any thoughts? I know IMDB cant be trusted.

That novelization BS is exactly that. BS

Personally I think it should be removed from that thread, because it was obviously a troll.

I also vouch for that BS to be removed from the rumour thread.

During punked on mtv they showed a commercial for mtvs movie awards on june 3rd and said there is going to be an exclusive sneak peak of tdkr!!!

Last edited:
During the basketball game they showed a commercial for mtvs movie awards on june 3rd and said there is going to be an exclusive sneak peak of tdkr!!!

:awesome:

It looks just like what they did with HP last year. I'm assuming someone from TDKR (most likely Anne and/or Joe) will be there to present it.

Oh man... Prometheus, GOT Finale, TDKR Sneak Peak then E3... what an exciting month June will be :up:

During punked on mtv they showed a commercial for mtvs movie awards on june 3rd and said there is going to be an exclusive sneak peak of tdkr!!!

I know this is stupid but any chance anyone can record that commercial even if its bad quality I want to see that :D

I seem to remember something similar last year for Potter and I remember Potter fans being disappointed in it. Apparently very little new footage shown. Probably going to be the same type of thing with TDKR.

New blog post! This one's about three TDKR-related arguments I find annoying, starting with "least annoying" (actually, not really annoying at all; just somewhat tiresome) and ending with "most annoying" (angering, in fact).

Eat it up, y'all!
http://natehevens.wordpress.com/2012/05/25/three-annoying-tdkr-arguments/

The arguments, in order from least to most:
3. Batman has been inactive during the eight-year gap between TDK and TDKR. (Even though I said I found this one annoying, thinking back on it, I really don't, because I actually get where y'all are coming from. I find it tiresome because I feel like it's beating a dead horse, and I disagree with it, but it's not infuriating. Y'all could actually be right about this one, and I have no problem admitting defeat over it on July 20 if it turns out that Batman was inactive during the full eight-year gap. I just don't think he will be. :o)

2. Bane isn’t Latino/big enough/on steroids/breaking Batman’s back

1. Joseph-Gordon Levitt, who plays Officer Jonathan Blake, is going to take up the mantle as Batman. :cmad:

YES!!! Only...do I have to sit through the MTV Movie Awards (aka the Twilight Movie Awards) just to catch the sneek peak? It's bad enough I had to sit through America's Got Talent for an extended trailer of TAS. :dry:

YES!!! Only...do I have to sit through the MTV Movie Awards (aka the Twilight Movie Awards) just to catch the sneek peak? It's bad enough I had to sit through America's Got Talent for an extended trailer of TAS. :dry:

Dont worry the video will be online right after

Im not watching MTV

Grrrr, I have seizures everytime I hear point 1 mentioned. No seriously.

Blake becoming Batman at the end is one of those really stupid theories that just won't die! I can't believe anyone actually believes it or would even consider it.

Come July 20 if im wrong I'll admit it but even then I'm not sure I'll ever say it was a good idea.

New blog post! This one's about three TDKR-related arguments I find annoying, starting with "least annoying" (actually, not really annoying at all; just somewhat tiresome) and ending with "most annoying" (angering, in fact).

Eat it up, y'all!
http://natehevens.wordpress.com/2012/05/25/three-annoying-tdkr-arguments/

The arguments, in order from least to most:
3. Batman has been inactive during the eight-year gap between TDK and TDKR. (Even though I said I found this one annoying, thinking back on it, I really don't, because I actually get where y'all are coming from. I find it tiresome because I feel like it's beating a dead horse, and I disagree with it, but it's not infuriating. Y'all could actually be right about this one, and I have no problem admitting defeat over it on July 20 if it turns out that Batman was inactive during the full eight-year gap. I just don't think he will be. :o)

2. Bane isn’t Latino/big enough/on steroids/breaking Batman’s back

1. Joseph-Gordon Levitt, who plays Officer Jonathan Blake, is going to take up the mantle as Batman. :cmad:

He WAS inactive as Batman. Just sayin'. :O

Yeah no kidding. It stopped being just annoying about a month ago. Now every time I see it seriously posted by someone, I wanna reach through my computer screen and strangle them.

It's like... "where the hell have you been all these years? Have you been paying attention at all?"

Blake becoming Batman at the end is one of those really stupid theories that just won't die! I can't believe anyone actually believes it or would even consider it.

Come July 20 if im wrong I'll admit it but even then I'm not sure I'll ever say it was a good idea.

I will admit that I was wrong, too, but I will be disappointed with it and it will honestly be a point of contention with the movie. I would be unable to rate it 5-stars for this alone. It's just incredibly stupid, IMO.

He WAS inactive as Batman. Just sayin'. :O

Haha, no... point one is actually listed third in my post you quoted, because I listed them 3 to 1 instead of 1 to 3. He was talking about JGL being the new Batman. I noted in the blog post that I understand where those of you who think Batman's totally inactive during the gap are coming from, and I'm prepared to admit that I'm wrong about it. So no worries...

Last edited:

Dvr works wonders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back