• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight Rises The 80th TDKR General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 85

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've downloaded the clean audio from the trailer and will now proceed to play it on my iPod speakers dock at full volume.

im talking about little things that are an easy fix and based on what he said im thinkin she actually saw the movie. , but i looked at the tweet and dont see the three hour part or excellent, so im going on what everyone here said about the three hour part link??.. i dont think she just went and watched it cuz she is a friend or family though, but thats possible for sure

Again..the 'easiest' of fixes are checked and done while you're actually still editing...not after you've locked it and sent it to other departments. It's standard procedure because if anything changes it could change for everything else and set things back. If anyone's watching the film right now, it should have nothing to do with editing or making any 'little' changes to it. Courtesy screening...cast and crew preview...sure. Editing? No....unless something was drastically overlooked and they're scrambling to fix it now, which is even harder to imagine.

You don't make a fix...even an easy one...to the welding on a car frame when the car is already through painting...you check and do it while it's being welded, and make sure the checks for mistakes/fixes are made then. Similarly with film when it's finishing sound/color/mastering in the last few months. The question still stands as to what is her actual job on films that she actually oversees fixing things this late in the game...distribution?

Last edited:

.....wha.....?

someone asked franklin about a screening for journalists and franklin (fx on the movie) said highly unlikely. but Nall deleted his tweet
which probably means its true! if he actually tweeted it :yay:

Blake becoming Batman at the end is one of those really stupid theories that just won't die! I can't believe anyone actually believes it or would even consider it.

Come July 20 if im wrong I'll admit it but even then I'm not sure I'll ever say it was a good idea.

I wish the novelization was just all these theories thrown together to give fans like Marvolo a big scare before the film came out. :woot:

someone asked franklin about a screening for journalists and franklin (fx on the movie) said highly unlikely. but Nall deleted his tweet
which probably means its true! if he actually tweeted it :yay:

Could still be a screening for cast and crew, if she was part of that in any way.

Again..the 'easiest' of fixes are checked and done while you're actually still editing...not after you've locked it and sent it to other departments. It's standard procedure because if anything changes it could change for everything else and set things back. If anyone's watching the film right now, it should have nothing to do with editing or making any 'little' changes to it. Courtesy screening...cast and crew preview...sure. Editing? No....unless something was drastically overlooked and they're scrambling to fix it now, which is even harder to imagine.

so you think nobody is looking the movie over for the smallest of mistakes. im not talking about omg, there is a tornado in the far background mistake, more like oh look that tree in the right hand corner has some green/ or hey look that post has no lamp
:yay: (someone pointed that out during the trailer) if what you are saying is true than thats awesome, but at this point all im trying to get at is Nall was probably telling the truth. and his wife saw it and it was excellent and three hours long for the cut she saw which is in line to what Gil has said.

edit: looks like she works on the dialect so helps with people on speaking. nice!

Last edited:
I believe it but... why would a dialect coach see the movie this early?

I believe it but... why would a dialect coach see the movie this early?
Maybe she befriended Cotillard and the crew so much that they invited her?
k8sby.gif

so you think nobody is looking the movie over for the smallest of mistakes. im not talking about omg, there is a tornado in the far background mistake, more like oh look that tree in the right hand corner has some green/ or hey look that post has no lamp:yay: (someone pointed that out during the trailer) if what you are saying is true than thats awesome, but at this point all im trying to get at is Nall was probably telling the truth. and his wife saw it and it was excellent and three hours long for the cut she saw which is in line to what Gil has said.

Again...as before...in what department? In the edit? Not likely because it's already done and double-checked before it's locked and sent out for the rest of post. If that's he job to do that...and she's only getting to it now..then there's some sort of major f*** up that they didn't get someone else during the right time, or that they missed something horribly. Are you getting that now? It's not about what is done, but when.

Green or a lamp or the like....is she a color-corrector? If so...why isn't she there for the whole color-correct session and only flown in to find a little green or a lamp? And if it was a missing lamp for example, it'd be a major thing for effects to do and not just a simple fix, either.....not to mention something that the director, the editor, or the production designer would be unlikely to miss by now. Seriously. No offense meant...if you didn't know you just didn't, but now you do. there's a certain order of events and work which apply to things, so her being there if true most probably has to do with something else.

looks like chances are very high!! he deleted the tweet cuz he wasnt supposed to say anything about length or about how she thought it was excellent!! and kalmart looks like you were right about the whole editing thing. I wonder if she is going over to see if marion sounds ok in the movie? We now know what she does you are right. Just saying that in the last trailer the green trees were takin out of the shot with the bat and in the removin of the green a post was missing a lamp. lol. so hopefully someone fixed that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"