• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The relationship felt completely forced to me, like these two are supposed to date so let's just force them together. What about the relationship was real? Him going in through her window for a first dinner date with her parents? Their first kiss was real romantic, he yells at her father, then babbles incoherrently on the deck for a bit then kiss her. Has he said more than a couple complete sentences to her at this point? Then they're a couple? They don't seem to have any type of relationship or connection. Then while she's still heavily grieving her dead father, he tells her he's going to ignore her father's final wishes to him. Great guy that Peter!

Peter never yelled at Gwen's father. He had an argument with him at the dinner table. ;)

I think you've simplified it way too much. Peter spoke with her in class after dealing with Flash, then he bumped into her again at Oscorp, where she mentions he is 2nd in his class (so obviously she does know a little something about him and has taken notice of her), and they did have some great chemistry together in that scene as well.

Peter eventually bumps into her again in the hallways, and they have a really cute scene together. He asks her out, and that's that. Later in the film, she invites him to dinner. Its not that unusual. That is how many high school relationships start, and I think Marc Webb captured it well.

And here we go with people thinking Peter is an ****** again. :doh:

Peter never yelled at Gwen's father. He had an argument with him at the dinner table. ;)

I think you've simplified it way too much. Peter spoke with her in class after dealing with Flash, then he bumped into her again at Oscorp, where she mentions he is 2nd in his class (so obviously she does know a little something about him and has taken notice of her), and they did have some great chemistry together in that scene as well.

Peter eventually bumps into her again in the hallways, and they have a really cute scene together. He asks her out, and that's that. Later in the film, she invites him to dinner. Its not that unusual. That is how many high school relationships start, and I think Marc Webb captured it well.

And here we go with people thinking Peter is an ****** again. :doh:

Four interactions with a person does not justify a relationship being started so quickly.

1. They talk after the Flash incident in the beginning
2.They meet at Oscorp
3. They have one more conversation after Peter embarrasses Flash on the basketball court
4. All of a sudden she invited him to dinner.

I wouldn't say it's forced, but it just happened too fast for my liking.

Four interactions with a person does not justify a relationship being started so quickly
Did for me when I was younger lol

I do get your point, but it's not always so unbelievable ;)

Did for me when I was younger lol

I do get your point, but it's not always so unbelievable ;)

I know it's not impossible, but when telling a story, it's not that effective. It sounds like I'm complaining about it, but wasn't that big of a deal for me.

But dude it's a movie. They aren't going to show every single second of them together. And they were only dating or "seeing" each other in TASM. Probably between TASM and TASM 2 they begin to actually love each other.

Guys, how about we just ignore this and not turn this thread into a ridiculous argument or something.

But dude it's a movie. They aren't going to show every single second of them together. And they were only dating or "seeing" each other in TASM. Probably between TASM and TASM 2 they begin to actually love each other.

Guys, how about we just ignore this and not turn this thread into a ridiculous argument or something.

But they can give us reason enough as to why they should get together in the first place. And why not? What else is there to talk about? It's not like there's footage we can discuss.

Last edited:
I think Uncle Ben's death intensified their feelings for each other and sped up how quickly they got together. Remember how Peter asks Gwen out on a date, she says "yes, sometime" but then Ben dies later that night? Then after Peter throws flash against the locker, Gwen gives him a hug and after that they never really get together until Gwen invited him to dinner with her family.

EDIT: IMO, it was evident that there was some connection between the two of them starting with scene in which Peter stands up to Flash. In addition, they're both exceptionally bright students who love science etc. That itself is enough reason as to why they should get together in the first place.

I think Uncle Ben's death intensified their feelings for each other and sped up how quickly they got together. Remember how Peter asks Gwen out on a date, she says "yes, sometime" but then Ben dies later that night? Then after Peter throws flash against the locker, Gwen gives him a hug and after that they never really get together until Gwen invited him to dinner with her family.

EDIT: IMO, it was evident that there was some connection between the two of them starting with scene in which Peter stands up to Flash. In addition, they're both exceptionally bright students who love science etc. That itself is enough reason as to why they should get together in the first place.

I give you the first part. But just because they love science justifies as to why they should like each other?

I give you the first part. But just because they love science justifies as why they should like each other?

Why not? Teens have got together for less reasons than that.

Anyways, it's not just not just the fact that they love science. Gwen sees someone courageous in Peter and Peter probably sees the same in Gwen. It's just how attraction works. Great thing about the casting is that Andrew and Emma easily sell it to the audience.

When the next reboot happens in the future, what would you guys like to see featured?

There shouldn't be another reboot. Just continue where it's left off

The relationship felt completely forced to me, like these two are supposed to date so let's just force them together. What about the relationship was real? Him going in through her window for a first dinner date with her parents? Their first kiss was real romantic, he yells at her father, then babbles incoherrently on the deck for a bit then kiss her. Has he said more than a couple complete sentences to her at this point? Then they're a couple? They don't seem to have any type of relationship or connection. Then while she's still heavily grieving her dead father, he tells her he's going to ignore her father's final wishes to him. Great guy that Peter!

You're the kind of "fan" that makes me not want to consider myself apart of the community.

damn it, I just accidently erased a long post on the discussion of Gwen and Pete. I'll paraphrase.

I don't think, when we are introduced to Gwen and Peter thematically is the first time they have interacted with each other. "You don't know my name" "oh I know your name, I wanted to make sure you knew your name." She clearly knows his name, is in the same science class so is bound to have had some sort of interaction with her, and also sticks up for him in the flash fight, now if he was a total stranger, would she have done that? Possibily, but I think it's much more likely that she does kinda know him before this event. I think it was much more likely that they were aquintances before the Flash fight. the Flash fight is just the cause to effect of getting them from awuintances to more than friends.

damn it, I just accidently erased a long post on the discussion of Gwen and Pete. I'll paraphrase.

I don't think, when we are introduced to Gwen and Peter thematically is the first time they have interacted with each other. "You don't know my name" "oh I know your name, I wanted to make sure you knew your name." She clearly knows his name, is in the same science class so is bound to have had some sort of interaction with her, and also sticks up for him in the flash fight, now if he was a total stranger, would she have done that? Possibily, but I think it's much more likely that she does kinda know him before this event. I think it was much more likely that they were aquintances before the Flash fight. the Flash fight is just the cause to effect of getting them from awuintances to more than friends.

Sure. I always thought that the movie begins at him about 2-3 weeks into his senior year anyway. So there's sort of a pre-establishment that we don't see. I mean look, he's already shot photos of the debate team that are on his computer, and he's also hanging up for display, and a girl at school knows who Peter is, so word got out he's the school or club photographer. Can't wait for his photographer stuff to pan out in the sequel btw.

Even if they already knew of each other, what does that mean?

Why not? Teens have got together for less reasons than that.

Anyways, it's not just not just the fact that they love science. Gwen sees someone courageous in Peter and Peter probably sees the same in Gwen. It's just how attraction works. Great thing about the casting is that Andrew and Emma easily sell it to the audience.

This.

I give you the first part. But just because they love science justifies as to why they should like each other?

Why do they have to justify their liking for each other? Sometimes you don't have to explain yourself when you like someone. Its called ATTRACTION. Ever heard of it?

Do you even have experience with relationships?

Even if they already knew of each other, what does that mean?

I guess that the guy that scarlet was wording against thought the relationship was rushed and that we didn't get much of them two together. But whatevs, we should move on and not create a big deal.

Looking at this photo and I kinda already feel for Harry a bit. If he's the Harry we know from like USM and such, he doesn't have true real friends. And based on Dane's description of their backstory, it can most definitely be that way. We'll see.

28wi789.jpg

I never even knew people had a problem with how the relationship was handled until today.

This.

Why do they have to justify their liking for each other? Sometimes you don't have to explain yourself when you like someone. Its called ATTRACTION. Ever heard of it?

Do you even have experience with relationships?

At the end of the day it was rushed, plain and simple. And yes I have.

lol I feel like people exaggerate this part so much. "Then Peter broke into their house without permission and started viciously BEATING Captain Stacy in the head at dinner!"

Looking at this photo and I kinda already feel for Harry a bit. If he's the Harry we know from like USM and such, he doesn't have true real friends. And based on Dane's description of their backstory, it can most definitely be that way. We'll see.

28wi789.jpg

From what we're hearing and them casting Dehan in the role, it's almost a given that Harry is gonna be a troubled individual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"