• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading that the film will start of by showing spidey fighting crime (with his new cockiness), and along the way , he sees the Rhino in a truck. After that, a graduation scene I think.

tis all good. :up: btw my post up above was just to clarify what my point was, rather than to continue the actual discussion lol.

Anyway....So who thinks Alexei will be one of the early scenes (or opening present day scene) in the movie? I hope so.

Also, I wonder, if they do another Parents flashback to open the movie, which I assume they will, I wonder what kind of montage they will use this time. In TASM it was the reflection from the kid to the boy

On that, I think it would be cool to see it start with a ticking clock (which Webb confirmed), then it panels back to the reveal the watch of Richard Parker ticking as the Parkers board their plane (for whatever reason).

After that, I'd have a shot of them being comfortable and whatnot, and just before the plane suddenly goes down (for reasons we don't know, yet), Richard looks out his window, thinking of his son, then Richard's face in the reflection suddenly becomes Peter's right before he slips on his mask.

Thoughts?

On that, I think it would be cool to see it start with a ticking clock (which Webb confirmed), then it panels back to the reveal the watch of Richard Parker ticking as the Parkers board their plane (for whatever reason).

After that, I'd have a shot of them being comfortable and whatnot, and just before the plane suddenly goes down (for reasons we don't know, yet), Richard looks out his window, thinking of his son, then Richard's face in the reflection suddenly becomes Peter's right before he slips on his mask.

Thoughts?
I could see that happening.

I could see that happening.

:)

I think it would be neat, then have the scene after that be Spidey swinging, blaring music from his MP3 and being over-confident taking out a few muggers and what-not before reaching Aleksei.

Wasn't there a rumor that Peter's parents get shot on the plane before it crashes?

I remember there was a storyline with Peter and Eddie's parents in USM about them actually getting murdered. There was more to their death than just a plane crash...

I wish they could make a live-action Spider-Man TV series with a proper budget. That way it feels like a serialized comic book (like Webb's Spider-Man universe), only we don't have to wait 2 years to get a new "episode."

Wasn't there a rumor that Peter's parents get shot on the plane before it crashes?

I remember there was a storyline with Peter and Eddie's parents in USM about them actually getting murdered. There was more to their death than just a plane crash...

To be honest, that's new to me.

I could see that happening, though.

I wonder who'd shoot 'em..

Thoughts?

If it happened like that I'd be happy, the first one you could be spot on with.

Also, I think there may be a flashback with Pete and Harry as kids, when Harry gets sent off probably, so I wonder where that will take place.

I wish they could make a live-action Spider-Man TV series with a proper budget. That way it feels like a serialized comic book (like Webb's Spider-Man universe), only we don't have to wait 2 years to get a new "episode."

Agreed, it'd be nice to see. They could have young actors portray the characters and do many seasons, having the actors age with their characters as the series goes on.

I'd want the TV series to be light-hearted most of the time, but with serious moments going on throughout as well.

I wonder what would be a good network to have it on, though.

Perhaps ABC, like they'll be doing with Agents of Shield?

Also, I think there may be a flashback with Pete and Harry as kids, when Harry gets sent off probably, so I wonder where that will take place.

Probably right after Peter's parents are killed and he goes to live with Uncle Ben and Aunt May.

I think Spider-Man's universe it too large to just be constricted to a TV, but I would love it. It's unlikely with all the VFX and CG cost though. If they did. i would actually prefer it to be Peter Parker focused, and make it more a teen-drama sort of thing.

I've always wanted a Daredevil TV Show though. I always thought that character was MADE to be on TV.

Agreed, it'd be nice to see. They could have young actors portray the characters and do many seasons, having the actors age with their characters as the series goes on.

I'd want the TV series to be light-hearted most of the time, but with serious moments going on throughout as well.

I wonder what would be a good network to have it on, though.

Perhaps ABC, like they'll be doing with Agents of Shield?
If they did something like Spectacular Spider-Man, I'd be so happy. I have yet been impressed by what I've seen or heard of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., so IDK. I think Sony has the film/live-action rights to Spider-Man, so they would have to produce the series. Marvel/Disney only has the animation rights.

If it happened like the way I put it, I'd be happy as a pig in it's own crap! :D

It'd be nice to have that flashback with Peter and Harry open the movie, too.

I think Spider-Man's universe it too large to just be constricted to a TV, but I would love it. It's unlikely with all the VFX and CG cost though. If they did. i would actually prefer it to be Peter Parker focused, and make it more a teen-drama sort of thing.

I've always wanted a Daredevil TV Show though. I always thought that character was MADE to be on TV.
Actually, TV would give Spider-Man a chance to properly develop all of his characters and storyline properly. But the budget isn't there, so movies would make more sense.

Daredevil and Punisher were made for TV IMO.

I think Norman Osborn or Bolivar Trask was responsible for what happened. Don't remember clearly...

Ah, that'd be interesting.

I'd love to The Man Without Fear on HBO, it'd be great!

If they did something like Spectacular Spider-Man, I'd be so happy. I have yet been impressed by what I've seen or heard of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., so IDK. I think Sony has the film/live-action rights to Spider-Man, so they would have to produce the series. Marvel/Disney only has the animation rights.

You're not the only one, man. :)

I absolutely loved the show, too bad it was cancelled to make room for the crap we have now, aka Ultimate Spider-Man.

I wonder would Sony have the guts to do it, though.

But I'd also have to agree with Scarlettess on Spidey's universe maybe being too big for TV, although Smallville was successful with doing it.

True. I would love it to happen as much as the next person, but realistically speaking it would be very doubtful it would happen.

Then again, Smallville did quite well on a small budget for what it was. (effects and set design wise I mean) and so does Doctor Who when it wants to (but then that has a much alrger budget) So who knows. I think the problem is is that his villains superpowers do generally require alot of work in post, as well as spidey himself.

True. I would love it to happen as much as the next person, but realistically speaking it would be very doubtful it would happen.

Then again, Smallville did quite well on a small budget for what it was. (effects and set design wise I mean) and so does Doctor Who when it wants to (but then that has a much alrger budget) So who knows. I think the problem is is that his villains superpowers do generally require alot of work in post, as well as spidey himself.

That is true, but maybe one day we'll see him on the 'ol boob-tube. :)

Maybe the TV show could focus on villains like Kingpin, Silvermane, or Tombstone, and occasionally feature more superpowered villains. As special effects get better, they also get cheaper. I'd say in 10-15 years from now, they would be able to make a good live-action Spider-Man show with decent effects.

On another thread I predicted a Spider-Man live acton should would not be possible until after 2020. Maybe in 2020-2025 they may attempt it.

If this happens in the future, I will be glad my prediction is correct. :)

I think it will happen eventually. 2020-2025 sound plausible.

Maybe the TV show could focus on villains like Kingpin, Silvermane, or Tombstone, and occasionally feature more superpowered villains. As special effects get better, they also get cheaper. I'd say in 10-15 years from now, they would be able to make a good live-action Spider-Man show with decent effects.

I'd say have small villains throughout a season, with a bigger villain in the season finale each time. That could work, imo.

On another thread I predicted a Spider-Man live acton should would not be possible until after 2020. Maybe in 2020-2025 they may attempt it.

If this happens in the future, I will be glad my prediction is correct. :)

:up:

I'd say have small villains throughout a season, with a bigger villain in the season finale each time. That could work, imo.

Spidey spends most of his days fighting common thugs as opposed to supervillains. So yes I like this :up:

I think a TV series could focus more on his personal life, dealing with balancing his life as both Peter Parker and Spider-Man. It would show his relationship with his Aunt May and friends at school, his love life, dealing with money issues, and so on.

:up:

They could even set it up sort of like they did with the first season of Arrow, (or what they're doing atm with movies) Where the villain presence is around thoughout and have a buildup to when they come face to face, like Malcolm Merlyn, but someone like Tombstone or even Kingpin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"