The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony's having their Cinemacon presentation right now. I wonder if they'll slip in any ASM2 tidbits. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

to me, this would have at least looked recognizable as electro to me... but to each their own.

and no... this does not look anything like a man on fire ...

I'm not sure how I feel about Electro's ASM2 look yet.

Hahaha, you think awards determine the quality of a movie. When will people learn.

(By the way, not only are awards meaningless a lot of times, but superhero movies are ALWAYS passed up for oscars because idiots don't find them to be "important" subject matter.)

Or because when you get down to it most superhero stories are clearly not Oscar worthy.

to me, this would have at least looked recognizable as electro to me... but to each their own.

and no... this does not look anything like a man on fire ...

May I say...I LOVE this. Much better than the blue. Now, besides the white, could we get a hue of green somewhere to reflect the 616 costume?

Meh, it was mediocre at worst for me. At its best, it was honestly pretty cool. The best thing that came out of the movie for me imo is I was more excited for the sequel than I ever have been from the first movie in a franchise, although being a Spidey fanboy has a little to do with that. The movie wasn't franchise destroying bad like Green Lantern. If you want a movie thats mediocre at its best (which is probably for like a second), its that movie imo.

There were more than few places where TASM felt more like "lets get this obligatory origin done with" even though they were really hoping not to do that. It got to that mainly because Sony decided to cut all the extra scenes about Peter's parents and such. But they did it, and of course, the story suddenly got a lot more generic. But for a generic story, the acting, dialogue and rest was likable enough for me to accept the characters and come to terms that this movie is never going to be great.

But the sequel showed promise from the second I started thinking about it when I walked out of the theater. And I'm praying it raises the bar as much as I'm hoping it does.

As for safe, I dont care. Anyone who says anything about Avengers story is 'risky' needs their brain checked. That was a pretty safe story and look how entertaining it turned out to be. Safe or not, just make a good movie. They're already going into risky areas with the parents angle.

I don't think anything is franchise killing bad like Green Lantern :funny:

Hahaha, you think awards determine the quality of a movie. When will people learn.

(By the way, not only are awards meaningless a lot of times, but superhero movies are ALWAYS passed up for oscars because idiots don't find them to be "important" subject matter.)

AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE, son. They are regarded to some as higher than even Oscars that actually care about the quality of a film.

But a simpleton like myself would never get through to you as you have already set it in stone that The Amazing Spider-Man is far superior.

Or...you assume anything that doesn't cater to TAS-M is crap, and that's why you would badmouth AFI.

I'm gonna go with option #2 on that one :cwink:

May I say...I LOVE this. Much better than the blue. Now, besides the white, could we get a hue of green somewhere to reflect the 616 costume?

I don't think anything is franchise killing bad like Green Lantern :funny:

AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE, son. They are regarded to some as higher than even Oscars that actually care about the quality of a film.

But a simpleton like myself would never get through to you as you have already set it in stone that The Amazing Spider-Man is far superior.

Or...you assume anything that doesn't cater to TAS-M is crap, and that's why you would badmouth AFI.

I'm gonna go with option #2 on that one :cwink:

i'd save the green for either 1) his eyes, or 2) a discreet iridescence from a black leather costume.

Green Lantern was really bad because it killed it before it could become a franchise. Batman & Robin killed it after three movies.

So Nathan Fillion said if he could be in a Marvel film that he'd like to play as Scorpion. How cool would that be? Paul Giamatti wanted to be Rhino and apparently he is, so maybe Fillion will be Scorpion in TASM3.

Scorpion is one of my favorite Spidey villains. Would love to see him on screen :up:

Max Dillion is a corpse and the electricity in his body re-animates him.

I kinda like the yellow / green a bit better. Its different, at least, and not something we've seen before.

i like the look but i´ll save my judgment when he is in full suit and/or set pics remember spider-man costume from set pics, i know is not the same but it can make the same result

I like the blue very much as it looks, the green is too reminiscent of The Lizard which was an all green character. Yes I know that Electro's original costume is green and yellow but it just looks corny to me.

I don't see how anyone can't say the blue manip of Electro isn't exciting. The villian in the last movie was green, so green would feel kind of overplayed, and yellow just doesn't work, because in order for him to be yellow, the lightning that strikes him would have to be yellow, and I don't see why that would be. If that containment area that Marc tweeted is where the electrical experiment takes place, it looks like blue lightning would be utilizied, because it pops more. Blue may not be an original color, but neither is green. Electro will have surrounding electricity which help make him stand out from other "blue" people. Freeze didn't glow, the Avatar aliens didn't glow, the only one who did was Dr. Manhattan, and due to Jamie's recogizible facial structure, he won't be confused as that character. Plus his **** won't be dangling half down the screen.

I kinda like the yellow / green a bit better. Its different, at least, and not something we've seen before.

Being different doesn't automatically mean good. They might have tested different colors and found the bright/dark blues to work best in lightning and creating atmosphere in scenes. Electro by himself produces light, and blue would give everything around him a bit more of a darker vibe.

YvEN9.png

I like the blue very much as it looks, the green is too reminiscent of The Lizard which was an all green character.
This could be one of the reasons why they would have chosen blue.This would be keep the diversity in characters as oppose to have same color scheme for same color characters(with some variation) from the comics. This means we willl get a different variety of the characters who were green in comics.

Here is some of the list:
-Green Goblin
-Vulture
-Sandman
-Lizard
-Doc-Ock
-Mysterio
-Electro
-Scorpion
-Scorpia
-Beetle
-Chance