Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
still two issues left in Thanos Rising as well. I know when it comes to Marvel Villains, its doom, the goblin, the skull, but Thanos deserves to be on that tier as well. In my (have to admit, pretty bias) opinion, Thanos is the best, most interesting Villain in marvel. Which is why he became my favorite

It probably has to do with them having more appearance than Thanos

Not to stray too far from topic, but just love stuff like this in Thanos Rising.

thanos_rising_002-010.jpg

the only thing, and the ONLY thing, I don't like about it, is how he has that...fin, that pops up behind his head.

the only thing, and the ONLY thing, I don't like about it, is how he has that...fin, that pops up behind his head.

I could be wrong but I think it's part of the piece around his neck. And it just comes up from behind his head. Not sure if that's just when he was younger or as an adult as well?

5112d0fa29.f.png

Think it´s better now :D

Make sure to copy the url to get big picture!

Last edited:
You know, now that I've read this Whedon quote again, the prospect is pretty exciting. I'm not really attached to Hank Pym so I've never had a problem with him not being involved.

"We’re crafting our own version of it where his origin comes more directly from the Avengers we already know about."

Maybe that means each of the Avengers will have a hand in creating Ultron. Tony builds him, Banner does some of the brain wave type stuff. Steve teaches him how to fight or something like that. Maybe Ultron is essentially the Avengers combined.

Maybe that means each of the Avengers will have a hand in creating Ultron. Tony builds him, Banner does some of the brain wave type stuff. Steve teaches him how to fight or something like that. Maybe Ultron is essentially the Avengers combined.

I suspect this is whats happening. its going to be one of theose scenarios in which every Phase II movie will have something that links to Ultrons creation, but it will be vague enough that we won't notice it. And then Avengers 2 comes along and explains it all and we'll be like "oh we should have seen that coming"

In IM3 for example i'm betting that 'empty brain slot' thing that Killian talked about is going to show up again and play a part in this.

Yeah, Infinity should be excellent. Hickman's a fantastic writer!

Really so far A and NA have been confusing, jarbled, and nonsensical messes. I really hope there's a payoff because its been an absolute letdown so far.

You know, now that I've read this Whedon quote again, the prospect is pretty exciting. I'm not really attached to Hank Pym so I've never had a problem with him not being involved.

"We’re crafting our own version of it where his origin comes more directly from the Avengers we already know about."

That would be cool. Like they all raised him. It would make him all of their child. Would add another layer to his character as well, to see the team literally raise him, while in the comics he went crazy right off the bat when Hank imprinted his brain waves.

I dunno I've been loving it, but curious what's been weird about it to you?
Thanos having sex with every woman in the galaxy and making 847575645 off spring. The pet cave lizards...etc.

That would be cool. Like they all raised him. It would make him all of their child. Would add another layer to his character as well, to see the team literally raise him, while in the comics he went crazy right off the bat when Hank imprinted his brain waves.
Exactly. And sorry to all you Pym fans, but that actually makes Ultron a lot more interesting than he would be with just one person (A person who the audience isn't even familiar with) creating him.

The traditional way makes Ultron personal to only one member of the team, I hope Whedon makes him personal for more than one (if not all) member(s).

If they're taking that approach where the characters try to create like an Avengers-bot and Ultron happens, I'd dig it.

Exactly. And sorry to all you Pym fans, but that actually makes Ultron a lot more interesting than he would be with just one person (A person who the audience isn't even familiar with) creating him.

The traditional way makes Ultron personal to only one member of the team, I hope Whedon makes him personal for more than one (if not all) member(s).
Yep. This makes Ultron stronger as a villain and character.

Neat idea, I just don´t buy it. 3 Avengers max, no more than that will be involved.
But hey, that´s just one mans opinion.

Also, A lot of people said Iron Man 3 didn't do anything to push the MCU along, but that was with the notion that Phase 2 would be cosmic and that Thanos would be the main villain. Iron Man 3's place in the MCU makes a lot more sense now that we know that's not the case.

Neat idea, I just don´t buy it. 3 Avengers max, no more than that will be involved.
But hey, that´s just one mans opinion.
The point is that I don't think it will be just Tony Stark who's tied to Ultron. Even if all of the Avengers don't help create Ultron, they'll still all be involved before he turns evil. What's so hard to buy about that?

In regards to this idea: So now we'd be throwing just about everything written about the character out the window in addition to not including Pym. At what point does this become the "Avengers" in title only? Is Fox making this movie now?

And strongly disagree that this is a better idea than the plots that Avengers writers have established over the past fifty years. Typical hollywood arrogance. Let's fix what was never broken.

I'm sorry if my tone is a little rude - this isn't meant to be a personal attack on any poster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"