Justice League The Batman Casting/Discussion Thread

Fassbender would be great, but yes... he is suggested for everything and since he's already Magneto, that probably rules him out.

I like Joe M., but not necessarily for Batman. He'd make an amazing Hawkman though.

Mount is great, but he might look just a little too old now. Guy is in great shape though and is great at playing dark, conflicted characters so I'd be happy if he was cast.

Can't see it with Bomer... I just don't think he could convey the necessary amount of inner darkness. He seems like he'd make a better Kyle Raynor or Wally West to me.

I still love the idea of Gosling, though it probably won't happen.

I like Luke Evans for the role; haven't seen him in much yet but I think he could pull it off. He has a lot of presence.

I like Karl Urban, but I still think Dredd was a cheap pile of overrated crap. It was basically just The Raid with a weaker story, crappy fight scenes and a stupid looking helmet.

All in all though, I have to say I agree with Shauner here that it's tough to envision anyone but Bale as Batman right now. I'm not saying that someone else out there couldn't be just as good or even better... it's just hard to imagine anyone else that could fit the role so well.

A few other names worth considering though:

Rupert Friend
Richard Madden
James Badge Dale (yeah, I know he was just in IM3, but so what)
Tom Weston Jones
Sullivan Stapleton

Liam McIntyre(Spartacus) wouldn't be bad he is only 31
0008-daman08-800x1083.jpg

0003-daman03-800x1044.jpg

6a00e54ecca8b98833017d4328335e970c-pi

maybe as Aquaman. Look at the box office of Lone Ranger, he probably won't be headlining any massive franchises any time soon

If he was still alive, I would have been totally onboard for Andy Whitfield as Batman.

If he was still alive, I would have been totally onboard for Andy Whitfield as Batman.
That would have been amazing to see, I've always thought he would have made a good Batman or even Namor for that matter. He was gone too soon. :(

james franco.

what is it that people don't like about him?

i think he's got the face and the voice to be bruce wayne and he's played brooding before. [YT]QjdvK8IEv3A[/YT]

Tristan-and-Isolde-05.jpg

ЯɘvlveR;26287443 said:
james franco.

what is it that people don't like about him?

i think he's got the face and the voice to be bruce wayne and he's played brooding before. [YT]QjdvK8IEv3A[/YT]

Tristan-and-Isolde-05.jpg

I cant see it. Hes better suited as a villain, he always looks as if hes on drugs with his acting.

I cant see it. Hes better suited as a villain, he always looks as if hes on drugs with his acting.

he looks like he suffers from insomnia at times, but batman don't sleep. so I'd say that look is a good thing.

If he's Batman then it'll be like B&R except it'll be a stoner comedy.

There's no way I can take anybody from This Is The End seriously from now on.

poor guy's been nominated for an oscar and all some will ever see him as is a stoner. i think he's about as ideal physically as you can get to pair up with cavill's superman.

james-franco-gq-magazine-september-2008-07.jpg

Ok. We keep suggesting Cavill's girlfriends and previous co-stars for roles...why not his family? :hmm

got bored at work......dont kill me for this lol

ado9jIRY.jpg

:funny: :funny: :funny: I'm joking I'm joking.....not that I made that at work....cause I did....but him actually being my pick, that I'm joking :p

Wait... Cavill was in Tristan and Isolde? How did I not notice?

His hair was so horrifying that you probably repressed the memory.

Also, regarding the Franco suggestion... I like him but definitely not for Bruce Wayne. He might be able to pull it off but for some reason, when he doesn't work in a role, he sticks out like a sore thumb. I wouldn't want to take that chance.

My own preference: Richard Madden if your going for a younger Bruce Wayne/Batman, Karl Urban if your going for an older, more experienced one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"