Justice League The Batman Casting/Discussion Thread

I like Tyler Hoechlin for Batman. I think he could do it, right height and age and looks the part. I'd be okay with him. :up:

I'm sorry.....what?.......he's younger than Henry.......Batman is "ALWAYS" older, and older as in 10-15 years older, not 1 or 2........seriously is this going to be an on going thing? Screwing up major character's age's? First Lois and now Batman (if Hoechlin gets the part)......hell they screwed up Superman's age, first they said the movie was going to be about a "twenty something Clark Kent learning of his origins"......then in the movie "I've been on this planet for 33 years"......GET AGES RIGHT PPL!!!! .........GAH!!!

ok my rant is done lol

He'd be the same age Cavill was when he was cast as Superman by the time the movie hits theater. They're closer in age than they are apart. I always considered Superman and Batman to be around the same age, although Superman ages better, and I believe that's true in the comics as well.

I've never seen Bruce as being older, I always saw the two as about the same age, with maybe a few months difference.

And I hated Superman being 33 in Man of Steel to jam the "Superman is Jesus!" parallel down our throats. That was just bad writing. **** Goyer.

Well I think he's okay as an actor.

Others think he's atrocious lol

He'd be the same age Cavill was when he was cast as Superman by the time the movie hits theater. They're closer in age than they are apart. I always considered Superman and Batman to be around the same age, although Superman ages better, and I believe that's true in the comics as well.

I've never seen Bruce as being older, I always saw the two as about the same age, with maybe a few months difference.

And I hated Superman being 33 in Man of Steel to jam the "Superman is Jesus!" parallel down our throats. That was just bad writing. **** Goyer.

Just about every depiction of them together has Bruce being older than Superman, even when their ages are similar, Bruce is always the older of the 2, and really, it makes no difference if Hoechlin is around the same age as Cavill was when he was when he got the part of Superman, bottom line is Hoechlin is younger than Cavill.

Its not like Henry is just gonna stop aging and wait for Tyler to age up to him lol, even with make up ppl are not stupid, they will see it, just like how it was attempted with Lois Lane, its still the number one issue with most people about her, the age difference that can be seen right through by pretty well everyone, some dont see it, but most do.

In terms of Tyler Hoechlin's acting.....I've only seen bits and pieces of Teen Wolf, like when there is nothing on and your flipping through channels to find something and it pops up, so with that I'm not going to really judge him on that, but from the little I've seen it's nothing impressive.

What about Gabriel Macht from Suits? He could for sure do Bruce Wayne and probably Batman to.

I'll be surprised if it's not Manganiello.

Same here. I have a few im hoping for, but ill be surprised if Zack doesn't grab his contender for the Man of Steel. The only thing in his way is the schedule for True Blood. I think they usually wrap up by late spring? So if Snyder starts shooting Bats/Supes in May til November or whatever then it should be fine. But if they start shooting early in 2014 that'll give Manganiello a reason not to do it.

If playing Batman interferes with Joe's True Blood schedule... he should just cut his losses and move on to movies unless he's bound by a really strict contract. That show has run his character into the ground.

I think he's a decent guy that way. Talking about the Superman role, he said he got the recognition to be called up for auditions because of True Blood and he could not just move on.

Though, I think this time around, even the producers of the other show may be sympathetic with his cause.

Can Tyler Hoechlin act though? Anyone familiar with him?

Nobody should even take consideration for a second about if what CosmicBookNews.com is saying is true! Come on people! That site is the Star Enquire of comic book movie news and really should be shut down. Now I'll admit this Tyler Hoechlin guy does have a Bruce Wayne look for sure. Maybe moreso than a lot of the other candidates we've been suggesting. However, look at his acting credits. Do you honestly think Warner is going to hand over their billion dollar franchise to a kid who's biggest credentials are Teen Wolf, Hall Pass, 7th Heaven, and Road To Perdition when he was 14?

My tops picks would be Fassbender and Urban. Whilst not being considered pretty boys, they have the rugged handsome looks necessary for Bruce/Batman, as Bale did. Both are capable of playing intense characters as shown in both X-Men: First Class and Dredd. I would have to give the edge to Fassbender though as I have seen more of his emotional range as an actor. And as stupid as it might sound, he has the Batman mouth. The sharp teeth that show when he grimises. Can totally picture the cowl over his face. Fassbender for Batman!

People are out of their mind if they think Tyler Hoechlin is gonna get the role. Only if he knocks it out of the park in a screentest/audition..but over all the others?? I don't think so. He probably wont even be considered.

Fassbender IS the "in prime" Batman/Bruce Wayne right now. Just like Jon Hamm is the veteran Bruce Wayne.

I don't see Fassbender happening, mainly because of his roots with the X-Men. McKellen probably won't play Magneto anymore after DoFP, so that makes Fassbender the big screen Magneto moving forward. This isn't about Marvel not letting him go, because we know that is possible, but about the same likeness for a major Marvel character playing a DC character.

I know that some people may bring Ryan Reynolds up, but there's a pretty big difference in awareness between Deadpool and GL.

Liam McIntyre can pull off the voice to, and seems like he's a decent actor, right build, a bit young but atleast he's older than Cavill and looks it. He's got a "pretty boy" face when calm and then a really tough mean look when pissed off which is exactly what the actor who gets chosen needs.

acbQiL46

[YT]LJdh6yJBJpQ[/YT]

Liam McIntyre can pull off the voice to, and seems like he's a decent actor, right build, a bit young but atleast he's older than Cavill and looks it. He's got a "pretty boy" face when calm and then a really tough mean look when pissed off which is exactly what the actor who gets chosen needs.

acbQiL46

[YT]LJdh6yJBJpQ[/YT]

sold. maybe.

I think Liam is a decent choice. I think there's much better out there but I feel they should give him a screentest.

I don't know if this has been posed, but this is my suggestion for the next Batman:

Scott definitely looks like Jim Lee's Bruce and Batman! If he can act, then hell yes!

Oh ****, if Scott Adkins got the job.....we'd get the Batman fight scenes we've always dreamed of lol

I remember him being a wooden actor though.

Last edited:
Has anyone been keeping up with Jett? This guy is really going to extreme lows to piss off his readers. In other news today one of El Mayimbe's tweets implies that he may know who the new Batman is.

if Adkins doesn't get the job......can he at least be the Batman stunt double lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"