Justice League The Batman Casting/Discussion Thread

I honestly wouldn't mind it if it's all a big secret and Bale was back, or if they think it's a reboot but are now negotiating with him this summer. But ive accepted the reboot. I want some Arkham Batman with MOS Superman, im excited for the casting news.

I like the idea of Goyer introducing Batman through Snyder's visuals in a team-up, only as an introduction. It's safer. But then they'll need to pass it off to a new writer and director for the solos. They HAVE to. Snyder/Goyer can always get that version of Batman back for each team-up, like the future JLA movie. But the solos have to be passed off, even with a new composer.

^i agree they dont want to kill snyder with having him make all the movies lol

I honestly wouldn't mind it if it's all a big secret and Bale was back, or if they think it's a reboot but are now negotiating with him this summer. But ive accepted the reboot. I want some Arkham Batman with MOS Superman, im excited for the casting news.

I like the idea of Goyer introducing Batman through Snyder's visuals in a team-up, only as an introduction. It's safer. But then they'll need to pass it off to a new writer and director for the solos. They HAVE to. Snyder/Goyer can always get that version of Batman back for each team-up, like the future JLA movie. But the solos have to be passed off, even with a new composer.

Well, I can't fully put the Bale thing to rest until we have an official announcement in regards to whomever is cast as the rebooted Batman. It will always be lingering in my mind until that moment. Therefore, I wish they'd hurry the hell up and spit it out so I can finally put that to rest once and for all. In a way I'm starting to wonder just how many solo films we are going to see for Batman and Superman anyway? Think about it. Henry is contracted for 3 I believe. That'll end up being Man of Steel, Batman/Superman, and Justice League. If he receives any sort of contract extension they'll most definitely want to use that for Justice League movies. We may get one solo film a piece based on Wonder Woman, Flash, and Aquaman just to introduce the movie going public to who those characters are. However, beyond that I can't see sequels to those subsequent films being made because again I think the actors will mainly be used for Justice League once that gets going. I also think WB will be paying close attention to just how well the sequels to Captain America and Thor are to see if there's any interest there. Something also tells me that Marvel is headed for a bust with Ant-Man and Guardian of the Galaxy.

I don't think they'll be in a rush to do a JLA sequel at all. Theyre the type of people who like to put everything they got into a movie then think about it later. And there's no way we don't get a Superman solo movie (with either Brainiac or Doomsday) after the Justice League movie. That's going to happen by 2019 or 2020 and im sure Cavill will sign a new deal because he loves the character so much and is already excited as hell to tell the Death of Superman story or even Brainiac.

I think Cavill will be like RDJ and Daniel Craig. There wont be a problem signing him to more than 3 films. He's not Christian Bale who has this tunnel vision of being an actor who has to chase extreme roles and constantly change things up for himself. Superman brought Cavill to the dance finally, he's not ever turning his back on him unless Snyder stops being involved all together. He's the Reeve of our generation.

Batman? Not sure. I think they'll treat that like the Bond franchise unless they stop it after a couple of movies in order to do a Batman Beyond adaptation with a recast.

I expect recasts for Batman every 2 or 3 films. Like how Keaton passed it off, unless they find a "Cavill" type for Bats who is so passionate about it that he doesn't want to leave. Otherwise, we're seeing a solo film at the end of the decade. But how many more sequels?? Depends on the director and if that director/WB want to expand the universe by bringing in Robin or tackling Freeze, a new Joker. These are things the studio may want to avoid because of Ledger's death and the bad lingering memories of the Shumacher movies. OR they could want to expand it and take a chance with new versions. Doing those characters properly. Not sure.

Liam McIntyre
Ill be happy to see this guy be batman.

People don't think Batmsn should wear armour this time around. ..

Against Superman though? He does in TDKReturns...makes sense.

Yup. The arkham games, that suit, less bulky, would look out of this world. Im praying for grey and black. I would fanboy out like you wouldn't believe.

Atrocious actor, seriously doubt that's accurate, they'll cast someone with more gravitas.

Visually fits the part but I have no idea about his acting. All I've seen with him is Road to Perdition. :p

Anything CBM or cosmic says is far from the truth. The fact that they mention this guys name means he probably wont get it. Im sure theyre right about actors doing screentests, but these 2 sites like to point out the obvious and act like they have insider info about it. Umm no, it's just logic.

When I think about scheduling and stardom...there's no way Fass or Gos are getting this role. Hoechlin is too young and just doesn't feel right next to Cavill.

Hamm is the choice if they want a 40 something year old bats & begin his first solo film with Dick Grayson's origin. But im not holding my breath.

Lee Pace looks like Nicolas Cage to me. Nothing like Bruce Wayne.

Luke Evans feels like somebody who could have chemistry with Cavill in a screentest but they've already worked together and are friends. I can see either Evans fumbling on his accent or giving off too much of a friendly vibe between Bruce and Clark. Im assuming, but its the feeling I get. I think Snyder should be looking for "tension" between the two actors/characters.

Manganiello feels like the guy who might get the role. There's no way of me knowing unless im in the room or casting myself, but im trying to envision these guys walking into the room with Cavill. And Manganiello is a guy who I can see immediately giving off an intimidation factor and this tension.

But hey, if Bomer can dig deep and find a way to be intimidating as the Batman then ill side with him.

From whatever I have heard about him, Hoechlin isn't very high n the 'good actors list'.

Also, apparently even Jensen Ackles is lobbying for the role. I mean, seriously?:whatever:

Anything CBM or cosmic says is far from the truth. The fact that they mention this guys name means he probably wont get it. Im sure theyre right about actors doing screentests, but these 2 sites like to point out the obvious and act like they have insider info about it. Umm no, it's just logic.

When I think about scheduling and stardom...there's no way Fass or Gos are getting this role. Hoechlin is too young and just doesn't feel right next to Cavill.

Hamm is the choice if they want a 40 something year old bats & begin his first solo film with Dick Grayson's origin. But im not holding my breath.

Lee Pace looks like Nicolas Cage to me. Nothing like Bruce Wayne.

Luke Evans feels like somebody who could have chemistry with Cavill in a screentest but they've already worked together and are friends. I can see either Evans fumbling on his accent or giving off too much of a friendly vibe between Bruce and Clark. Im assuming, but its the feeling I get. I think Snyder should be looking for "tension" between the two actors/characters.

Manganiello feels like the guy who might get the role. There's no way of me knowing unless im in the room or casting myself, but im trying to envision these guys walking into the room with Cavill. And Manganiello is a guy who I can see immediately giving off an intimidation factor and this tension.

But hey, if Bomer can dig deep and find a way to be intimidating as the Batman then ill side with him.

Yup, that's how I think about it, too.

the more i think about it the more i feel WB cant afford casting an unknown or an up and comer i think you need to grab a solid name with a respectable resume casting batman is too important to play Russian roulette with WF is 50% done already with henry cavill, casting batman is way too important it is why more i think about it i think we need

Michael Fassbender who is universally seen as a great actor with tons of range,good looking but also looks like a bad ass and can play charming bruce in his sleep and has a damn respectable resume and would gain the fans respect if he were cast and looks around henry's age aswell he is only 36 and i dont care that he is magneto:o
MFassbender4_GQ_31aug12_31aug12_REX_b_320x480_1.jpg
michaelfassbender_as_eriklehnsherr-magneto_in_xmenfirsclass.jpg

Last edited:
I think he can do it if his schedule is free. I would lose my mind over that casting. I just wish Zack could give him a call since they worked on 300. Give the Fass a call Snyder! Ask the man if he's able and wants to do another big franchise!

I'm about as excited for x-men:cluster**** as anyone else, but where is that going after days of future past? that **** is confusing.

That's the thing. That movie is released when? March? April? There's talks of a Magneto spin-off but most of these spin-offs (like Venom, etc) never really happen do they?

Assassin's Creed will probably be a one-off, at least with Fassbender anyway. Is that going to bomb or be huge? Nobody knows.

Prometheus 2. Will Ridley Scott direct this with Fassbender or will somebody else direct it, and when? Because Ridley's busy with his Moses movie with Bale throughout 2014/2015. Ive heard a lot of trouble with writers coming in and out of this project too. If it ever happens.

So honestly, is Fassbender really that busy with all these franchises? Or they likely to be over by next year? I think there's a chance that he could sign on for Batman. We'll just have to see if they want a big name or a smaller one for the new Bruce Wayne.

People don't think Batmsn should wear armour this time around. ..

Against Superman though? He does in TDKReturns...makes sense.

Like many I think they should go with something more like the Arkham Games suit, maybe the Arkham Origins one (smaller bat ears, no trunks etc.).

But if he should go up against Superman.....if they actually do fight, then he should don some sort of armor, maybe sometime like his armor in his Smallville appearance, the kind that omits Red Sun light in order to make it a some what fair fight (Supes would still whoop him lol), oh and funny enough, the Smallville Bat symbol is not exact, but its similar to the one they used to announce the movie.

acdYVCTJ

acmjhIRv

adumezRy

abqJnjWv

acgVtgjy

acoKbfbY

I like Tyler Hoechlin for Batman. I think he could do it, right height and age and looks the part. I'd be okay with him. :up:

Getting both "unknowns" for Superman and Batman is a good way to go, IMO. Let the CHARACTERS be the STARS of the movies. (Even Keaton said this, that Batman was the star of the '89 film, not him)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"