BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not so much the suit I have an issue with in the new Arkham game, those body proportions are disgusting.

I was thinking that he looked a little like Bale in this one.
tumblr_n1x9x0vBDx1rbijdfo1_250.gif

Looks more like Stephen Arnell there than Bale.

I hate to say it... the new game looks ****ing amazing but the suit isn't doing anything for me. Too segmented. Too TDK influenced. It has potential for sure, but they went overboard with how segmented it is

my biggest gripe with the new suit is the cowl, Origins and Asylum/City had great cowls, but this one is just too busy and has a weird mouth opening.

Yca6PZ4.png

3517310-5383995875-batma.jpg

Of the two most recent suits, I'd rather take the Origins suit. The jury is still out on the Knight suit, however.

I really Do Not like the new suit. Origins was hands the best of all the series for me.

The game will be bought, however.:yay:

Yeah I see tons of fanboys on facebook going crazy saying or thinking that Affleck's suit will look like this or should like this, I just facepalm myself in real time everytime I see it.

I don't like anything about that suit except for elements of the cowl, but overall not a fan at all, the game however looks great.

The Origins suit works for a new Batman, who hasn't developed all his new tech yet and is working with what he's got. It's clunky and juvenile - just like Bruce is at that point in the timeline.

When dealing with an older, experienced Bruce who has had years to develop more streamlined and proper equipment (i.e. the other Arkham games) it makes sense that the suit is more classic in appearance.

Agree with the body proportions, but that's just the style of the Arkham series. Every man is a beefcake and every woman a supermodel. Somebody did a realistic proportion render of the AO suit though and it looks fantastic.

The last part of the trailer kind of reminds me a little bit of Batman Forever. The suit is Ok. Not great. A little bit too Robotic. Still better than most fan manips.

Last edited:
Come on, this looks amazing! For me the suits are all about context and the new suit looks incredible in context:
tumblr_n1x89g0Wdd1s1j5kdo1_1280.jpg

You mean it looks incredible when mostly blurred and obscured by bright light behind it? Well, sure. Just about any batsuit looks good like that.

I'll laugh when the only skin they give us is TDK suit. :hehe:

You mean it looks incredible when mostly blurred and obscured by bright light behind it? Well, sure. Just about any batsuit looks good like that.

The batsuit usually is and should be mostly obscured anyways. But I find that the design of this suit makes him look like a terrifying creature of the night in the context he wants to be viewed in.

Also, it's being reported that you start off the game with the arkham city suit and upgrade it throughout the game to this new one.

The batsuit usually is and should be mostly obscured anyways.

So you are saying... what exactly? It doesn't matter what the suit looks like because Batman fights in the darkness? Uh, not buying it.

9a3ak0.jpg

I don't know what you're talking about, guys. I think, it's a really fantastic blend of AA-AC suit and TDK.

The suit looks busy and over-complicated just like the TDK trilogy suit, it looks bad and no matter what context it doesn't change anything.

Whoa those ears are HUGE

Its a complicated, uninspired mess. Its meant to overwhelm the eye with detail rather than being aesthetically pleasing.

So you are saying... what exactly? It doesn't matter what the suit looks like because Batman fights in the darkness? Uh, not buying it.

Pretty much. And beyond that I'm a fan of the design so it's a difference of opinion here. But honestly it's true. It doesn't really matter, because Bruce never really wants anybody to see him as anything more than a terrifying creature of the night shrouded in darkness. I imagine him with his cape draped over his suit whenever he isn't moving, lol

But for me it fits the criteria it needs - it makes sense from a purpose perspective - offering protection while keeping mobility, makes him appear more formidable and intimidating sizewise, and clearly can look like a terrifying creature. Better than a plain grey suit with black underpants every time IMO.

I don't buy the 'over-complicated mess' argument. It's a high tech suit of armor, it's deservedly complex, and throwing a grey shirt over it doesn't make sense, nor is it pleasing to the eye aesthetically IMO. This suit is hardly overwhelming, and personally looks way cooler and aesthetically pleasing than most plain grey designs Ive seen in this thread. That pic outofboose posted looks awesome. But hey, we all are allowed to like what we like and prefer what we prefer.

Last edited:
Its a complicated, uninspired mess. Its meant to overwhelm the eye with detail rather than being aesthetically pleasing.
Complicated? What else do you expect from a high-tech suit?
Uninspired? Looks pretty inspired to me. They took the best from two ultimately different universes.
It's not meant to overwhelm the eye. There's a lot of thinking behind every detail. If you look closer. And it's aesthetically pleasing. One of the best Batman suits.

No matter what suit they make, they will never be able to please everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"