Civil War The Civil War "ANYTHING GOES" Thread - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - NO SPOILER TAGS REQ.! - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI...

In regards to where Ant-Man takes place, I think you could make the case that Falcon had already tracked down and spoken to Lang way before Civil War takes place. The movies don't have to have occurred within close proximity to each other. Hence Falcon's line "I know a guy".

Also, not an all around, all fields of science, genius. He is a genius engineer, he might the greatest, but he is not a chemist.

Yet Tony solved Extremis is about 3 seconds without really paying attention.

Yet Tony solved Extremis is about 3 seconds without really paying attention.

He's been shown to be a quick study though. See when he mentioned got caught up in Thermodynamics (or something) in an even in the first Avengers movie.

He's been shown to be a quick study though. See when he mentioned got caught up in Thermodynamics (or something) in an even in the first Avengers movie.

He also discovered a new element to counteract his palladium poisoning.

Tony is an all around smarty pants. :o

True, but his focus seems to be engineering.

Probably because he enjoys it more. A new element is cool and everything and it saved his life but is it a robot that can make smoothies and use a fire extinguisher? :o

Seriously, they need to give Tony back his robot family. It's bad enough he's lost Jarvis (I miss Jarvis) and Pepper - but where are his robots? RDJ says he keeps bringing it up and everyone is enough about your freaking robots. This is not right.

Just like Steve needs his art back, Tony needs his robots.

Last edited:

I don't remember exactly, but didn't Tony get something from SHIELD (Nick Fury)? Also, he did a quick study (one night) on Banner's work.

He didn't discover a new element, his father did. Howard just didn't have the means at the time to finish it, so he left it up to Tony to finish the job.

He didn't discover a new element, his father did. Howard just didn't have the means at the time to finish it, so he left it up to Tony to finish the job.

Does that really matter? He finished what Howard couldn't and it was chemistry not engineering. Just as he perfected what Maya Hansen couldn't and it wasn't his preferred field of expertise.

Maria Hill: When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?
Tony Stark: Last night. The packet. Selvig's notes, the extraction theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?

:funny:

Last edited:
Yeah he hid the design of the element in a model, one of the most ridiculous scenes ever :whatever:

I think one of the high points of the film was the young Tony Stark CG.

It was remarkable for the most part. Very well done compared to some other CG in CW.

Was impressed with how they captured the essence of young RDJ from early films.

this-is-how-robert-downey-jr-was-made-even-more-junior-in-captain-america-civil-war-973058.gif

Tony's excess IQ offsets his deficient EQ.

Seriously, I can't wait for the smarty pants dance-off between him and Dr Strange, T'Challa, Hank Pym, and/or hopefully one day Reed Richards.

Last edited:

It was remarkable for the most part. Very well done compared to some other CG in CW.

this-is-how-robert-downey-jr-was-made-even-more-junior-in-captain-america-civil-war-973058.gif

It was a very good job with that CGI. Better even than with Douglas in ANT-MAN. In fact I really hope that if Sharon Stone is Janet in the sequel that we get a sequence with Hank and Janet doing something kickass in their Cold War prime.

While I can still spot the cgi, it's not distracting. Which is really the most important thing to accomplish. Just imagine what aging techniques will look like in 10 more years. Probably be seamless, an actor being able to play any age. Pretty cool stuff.

Last edited:
So I just wanna point out Tony never lost Jarvis because Jarvis is Vision.

Also, he has Friday.

Something that bugged me about Tony was that he asked Natasha if she could get banner to join them. He believes tws should be brought in due to being a danger and he wanted to bring the Hulk in to help them fight. The guy that lost control in both avengers movies and went on dangerous rampages. And I had a friend claiming that Tony was more moral than Steve because Steve was wandering around with a deadly assassin that should be locked up.

Last edited:

Wow, I thought he looked a little bit too perfect in close up but... so did the real RDJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"