Civil War The Civil War "ANYTHING GOES" Thread - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - NO SPOILER TAGS REQ.! - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that bugged me about Tony was that he asked Natasha if she could get banner to join them. He believes tws should be brought in due to being a danger and he wanted to bring the Hulk in to help them fight. The guy that lost control in both avengers movies and went on dangerous rampages. And I had a friend claiming that Tony was more moral than Steve because Steve was wandering around with a deadly assassin that should be locked up.

It came off to me like he was half joking.

So I just wanna point out Tony never lost Jarvis because Jarvis is Vision.

Also, he has Friday.

Friday doesn't have any discernible personality let alone a personal connection to Tony. Vision is his own self. He sounds like Jarvis and there are some small parts of Jarvis in his DNA but he isn't Jarvis any more than he is Ultron. Jarvis was witty and snarky and his foremost objective was to be protective of Tony. Jarvis cared about Tony is a way that Vision does not.

This movie was like life flashing before your eyes for RDJ (following what AOU started with James Spader)

We not only see him young again we see him with Alfre Woodard (Heart & Souls) and Marisa Tomei (Chaplin, Only You)

[YT]65eOaOTeyng[/YT]

[YT]zLrqyfkXt_A[/YT]

This movie was like life flashing before your eyes for RDJ (following what AOU started with James Spader)

We not only see him young again we see him with Alfre Woodard (Heart & Souls) and Marisa Tomei (Chaplin, Only You)

[YT]65eOaOTeyng[/YT]

[YT]zLrqyfkXt_A[/YT]

It probibly helped enormously that there is so much film of him very young. Kudos to the team.

They also did a pretty good job with Paul Walker (RIP) in F7. Not as good but was believable enough.

[YT]65eOaOTeyng[/YT]

[YT]zLrqyfkXt_A[/YT]

Yeah I think him having worked with them previously added to the performance in both scenes, especially in the Queens scene and the little interplay between May and Tony.

Stark didn't stay there long enough to examine any tech, he only went to get the info from Falcon so he could go help Cap.
As for scientists working for Ross, SHIELD/Hydra tried copying his work before and they failed, miserably.

Why would he have to stay there? What kind of idiot would keep their gear locked up in the prison with them? All that stuff should be in a facility hundreds of miles away where it's being studied in the hopes of replicating it. They're not going to keep the Ant-Man suit in a foot locker in the Raft, conveniently placed there so that Ant-Man can immediately get into costume when he inevitably escapes.

Great movie all around, though. My only real issue with it was where the hell were War Machine and Vision when they were in Lagos? Why weren't those two with them? Rhodey has another job with the US government, so that might've kept him busy, but why wasn't Vision there? What else could he have possibly been doing that would've explained why he didn't go to Lagos with the rest of the team?

And not specifically relating to the movie, but it really bothers me that the first super-team on super-team fight we've seen in the MCU was heroes fighting heroes. I really would've preferred to have seen the Avengers fight a super-villain team like the Masters of Evil or whatever before seeing them fight each other. What I wouldn't give to see them take on a team made up of, say, a new Iron Monger (Obadiah Stane's son), the Abomination, Crossbones, Klaw, Yellowjacket, and Baron Zemo.

Great movie all around, though. My only real issue with it was where the hell were War Machine and Vision when they were in Lagos? Why weren't those two with them? Rhodey has another job with the US government, so that might've kept him busy, but why wasn't Vision there? What else could he have possibly been doing that would've explained why he didn't go to Lagos with the rest of the team?

My guess is that Vision is a trump card - he won't be deployed unless it was absolutely necessary, for example, against an extraterrestrial threat. Plus it was said in the tie-in comic that Black Widow (and possibly Cap) hasn't quite yet wrapped their heads around Vision's abilities and how they can be optimised in battle.

It looked like stealth was the aim in Lagos...with both BW and SW in civies and Cap and Falcon looking from afar. War Machine and Vision stand out a lot. Also War Machine in a crowded city might be a bad idea

It looked like stealth was the aim in Lagos...with both BW and SW in civies and Cap and Falcon looking from afar. War Machine and Vision stand out a lot. Also War Machine in a crowded city might be a bad idea

That's not much of a reason. Cap and Falcon were both in full costume and, as you say, they were looking for afar. Why couldn't Vision and War Machine have been in a similar position, held back and out of sight (And really, give Vision a trench coat, a hat, and glasses, and he becomes a lot more inconspicuous)? It's not as if they couldn't get into the action quickly given that they both fly. And War Machine doesn't have to use his guns. We saw that he had plenty of non-lethal options at his disposal in the airport fight, whether it was that baton, the sonic gun, or just using his hands. Just because he has a million guns on him, it doesn't mean that he absolutely must use all those guns at all times and spray fire into civilian crowds indiscriminately.

My guess is that Vision is a trump card - he won't be deployed unless it was absolutely necessary, for example, against an extraterrestrial threat. Plus it was said in the tie-in comic that Black Widow (and possibly Cap) hasn't quite yet wrapped their heads around Vision's abilities and how they can be optimised in battle.

A very good point, backed up by the fact that Vision (inadvertently) shot down WM, proving that his place in the team should be in question.

Don't forget Hank Pym in the beginning of Ant-Man.

SGBqFTi.png

I thought Downey looked better than Douglas. Douglas didnt quite look right, to me.

Soooooooo.....

While Lang was locked in the raft, I wouldn't be surprised if Stark took a quick look at Pym's technology

If Stark didn't then maybe some Hydra scientist working in the RAFT did

Either way, Pym is gonna be seriously pissed
That's something that bugged me as well, they did touch on it. I mean the whole point behind the Ant-man movie was keeping the technology out of anyone's hands. I can picture int Ant-man and The Wasp a scene with Pym being pissed and Lang coming up with some excuse like he had ants take away the particles or hit a switch to make them inert before he was arrested. At least that's my theory, in jail he didn't seem too concerned with it.

I can't remember. At what point were the team Cap members captured?

The scene with young Stark at the beginning actually helped hook my girlfriend into the movie. She goes into most superhero films with her arms crossed just waiting to make fun of it, and when she saw CG Downey, particularly in the close-up, she looked at me and mouthed "looks awful!".
But once Downey appeared in the frame, revealed it was a simulation, and then capped it off with the "BARF" joke, she laughed really hard and said, "never mind, that was pretty great" and had no problems going with the movie from there.

Just got back from my 3rd viewing a few hours ago and think that vengeance is the real villain. I think this is probably the most nuanced movie yet created by Marvel. BP is a super, Superhero. What a wonderful character. After everything that went down, HE found the correct path. I guess he had better upbringing than Tony (and I LOVE Tony's character). Still, doesn't it say that your upbringing shapes you no matter how smart you are? I think Tony will ultimately come around and I can't imagine how difficult it would be for someone in his situation, but I think he's flat out wrong on this one.

The Russos said (as I recall) that people would be basically split 50/50 on who was in the right, but I disagree. Cap is correct, Bucky is correct, BP is correct, and Tony WILL come to understand that. He's a fun, smart, generous, and caring (with maybe a "slightly" enlarged ego) guy who is basically trying to do the right thing, but has a less accurate compass than TWS, CA, and BP.

Ross is an A-holio hoe....

Cap is wrong about a bunch of things.

His ego is 50% what made the conflict what it was.

1. He knew getting involved in chasing Bucky would make things worst for everyone. He did not care. It had to be him. It had to be done his way. He even attacked good guys "cops" to reach his goal.

2. He didnt tell IM about Bucky killing his parents. There is no defending this, there is no understanding this. Yes he apologizes at the end, once everything went to hell already. It meant nothing.

3. He put the Avengers in a position where they had to become fugitives.

I dont mind his stance on the Accords, thats a matter of opinion, but the way he went about everything was very selfish.

The cops were going to shoot Bucky on sight. They weren't planning on taking him into custody. Steve's intervention saved Bucky's life and he was even going to be sent to a US psychiatric hospital for rehabilitation until Zemo snuck in and messed stuff up again.

There really is no excuse for not telling Tony about HYDRA having his parents murdered. They were friends, and Howard was Steve's friend as well. Tony deserved to know.

Yes, Cap admits he was wrong about keeping the secret.

The cops were going to shoot Bucky on sight. They weren't planning on taking him into custody. Steve's intervention saved Bucky's life and he was even going to be sent to a US psychiatric hospital for rehabilitation until Zemo snuck in and messed stuff up again.

Here is my problem with this. Cap wanted to run away with Bucky. Not take him into custody. He was trying to help Bucky escape. Black Panther and WM are the reason Bucky ended up being detained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"