DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

Wasn't he in JLU? And some of the arrowverse stuff? I also feel like he was in the DC Lego game but I could be wrong on all accounts. Lol
Yes he was on one of the CW shows, but I'm thinking of the animated DtV movies, WB/DC's usual testing ground.

Apparently cavill doesn't even have a deal to return yet.
I really don't care if he does or doesn't..what's concerning to me is it appears the DCU isn't all in like we thought.
Granted it's early, but you would think superman would be a priority.

Hollywood can is a lot more fly by the seat of your pants than most people realize sometimes.

Mark Ruffalo got told he would know he got the Hulk role at Marvel if a car turns up outside his house to take him to the airport.

Gunn and Safran have only started so it's doubtful they have signed a bunch of talent to contracts yet.

Let alone time for the contracts to be negotiated and work out with the fabric of the dcu.

Apparently cavill doesn't even have a deal to return yet.
I really don't care if he does or doesn't..what's concerning to me is it appears the DCU isn't all in like we thought.
Granted it's early, but you would think superman would be a priority.

Told everyone :p.

There's a few rumours swirling which would explain the lack of a deal for Cavill, and the Momoa as Lobo rumours...

I don't know that I put 100% stock in them, but some weird things are going on it seems.

EDIT: Looks like Ben is also out, which coincides with the rumours...

Ben Affleck is exclusively only making movies with new production company Artists’ Equity going forward : DCEUleaks (reddit.com)

Last edited:
I liked Cavill in MoS and I thought Affleck was very good in BvS, but I'm so fed up with all the "are they in or are they out" that I'm more than ready to move on from both of them. Pattinson is a great Batman, and I'm so up for Keaton; for me, that's Batman taken care of. And just give us a new Superman. Please.

I liked Cavill in MoS, and I thought Affleck was very good in BvS. But I'm so fed up with all the "are they in or out" that I'm more than ready to move on from both of them. Pattinson is a great Batman, and I'm so up for Keaton; for me, that's Batman taken care of. And just give us a new Superman. Please.
I mean we were and then Zaslav decided he wasn't happy with the WB/Bad Robot deal.

I liked Cavill in MoS and I thought Affleck was very good in BvS, but I'm so fed up with all the "are they in or are they out" that I'm more than ready to move on from both of them. Pattinson is a great Batman, and I'm so up for Keaton; for me, that's Batman taken care of. And just give us a new Superman. Please.
Cavill/Affleck are Schrodinger's World's Finest.

Sucks for cavill. I have to think he left the Witcher for more superman films.
No way cavill would have made that public announcement for just a cameo.
I'm not sure what's going on.

Gunn just wiping them out. It's glorious.

I kind of wish they would just move on from Affleck now. I doubt he'll ever commit to the part fully at this point. Either:

- Let Keaton have his multiverse storyline leading up to a 'Crisis' event and recast.
OR
- Just recast the part after The Flash.

All options sound bad at this point. I wish they would just bite the bullet and reboot tbh.

Between running a production company and getting back into writing and directing, I'm not sure where people think Affleck is going to find six months out of the year to play Batman. And for the next 10 years to boot.

Dude's either gonna be delegated to small supporting roles (like Mark Ruffalo in the MCU) or he's done. But even then, his intention is to work "exclusively" with Artists Equity. Which means WBD would need to partner with them on any project involving Affleck. Is that something Zaslac, Safran and Gunn are prepared to do? And is Affleck even interested?

Last edited:
Starting from scratch.

They didn't do that after BvS was a critical failure, and a commercial let down.
They didn't do that after Justice League was a massive critical and commercial failure.
They didn't do that after WW84 was a critical and commercial failure.
They didn't do that after The Suicide Squad was a commercial failure.
They didn't do that after non-DCEU Joker was a critical and commercial success.
They didn't do that after non-DCEU The Batman was a critical and commercial success.

I don't see them finally developing the sense to do it now.

Even after Black Adam being a critical and commercial failure.

I don't think they realize ( or maybe they do ) just how important Flashpoint will be to the future of DCU.
I have no idea obviously but hopefully after barry does his timetravel/alternate Earth(s) trip, things on his Earth have changed once he returns.
We see New heroes that didn't exist before, a different Lex, a different superman personality wise, etc etc.

I don't think they realize ( or maybe they do ) just how important Flashpoint will be to the future of DCU.
I have no idea obviously but hopefully after barry does his timetravel/alternate Earth(s) trip, things on his Earth have changed once he returns.
We see New heroes that didn't exist before, a different Lex, a different superman personality wise, etc etc.
My guess is they do. That's (I think) one of the main reasons why they've seemed so determined to push on with it, despite all the crap surrounding Miller. They need it to help make sense of what follows.

Have to wonder if after the bomb/flop/disaster that was "Black Adam", if D+ is taking a step back and reconsidering. I think almost everyone thought that BA with the rock and the presence of Cavil's Superman would be a success, only to find out both are/weren't probably won't be in the future.

If they are not re-thinking the approach, sell your stock and soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"