DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

Axing the Cavill movie would be too embarassing for them, I think, and bring way too much bad will. I honestly expect that to move forward even if it's slow.

Granted, we havent seen his plans yet and whatnot, but it does seem a bit hypocritical of him to still keep his series going. He wants everything connected, so that Cena comic show is now going to be connected as well? I also saw another tweet where they mentioned Margot/HQ still being attached/part of his plans.

I honestly doubt that MOS sequel with Cavill was ever real at all. Mr Cavill needs to have a sit down with one of his agents aka Rock's former wife and now business partner. Bald man was lied to. Heh.

Granted, we havent seen his plans yet and whatnot, but it does seem a bit hypocritical of him to still keep his series going. He wants everything connected, so that Cena comic show is now going to be connected as well? I also saw another tweet where they mentioned Margot/HQ still being attached/part of his plans.

This is why I think the actors might stick around.

OR Gunn has ditched his own stuff and planning to put out Peacemaker S02 with Cena while the DCEU finishes off, and will adapt his other series for the new continuity...

I honestly doubt that MOS sequel with Cavill was ever real at all. Mr Cavill needs to have a sit down with one of his agents aka Rock's former wife and now business partner. Bald man was lied to. Heh.

I don't think it was.

I think Black Adam on the whole is insanely embarrassing for the Rock. He is still acting as though he controls at least some corner of the DCEU and that Black Adam is some successful "first chapter". It's actually becoming sadly more and more delusional by the day.

It's also becoming clearer and clearer that Gunn has yet to speak to most of the actors aside from Momoa, who all seem to be "campaigning" to be kept. Gadot's tweet was odd timing and has odd content. She is obviously not feeling like she's in a powerful position anymore, given how much she used to throw her weight around.

Im fine with rebooting the franchise....after they finish the trilogy.

The fact that WW has been as successful as she has for WB, they just throw her away just like that? WB gave Patty or the WW franchise ZERO spin offs, zero animated series, they literally paid her dust.

Gunn though....gets to spin off Peacemaker after TSS. Matt Reeves is given numerous spin-offs that are in development.

That's some bs right there.

The fact that WW has been as successful as she has for WB, they just throw her away just like that? WB gave Patty or the WW franchise ZERO spin offs, zero animated series, they literally paid her dust.

Gunn though....gets to spin off Peacemaker after TSS. Matt Reeves is given numerous spin-offs that are in development.

I think it's highly likely that the scriptment wasn't that good. Jenkins was given the keys to the kingdom at one point - she was getting the Amazon series spinoff which she never got off the ground.

I think it's highly likely the scriptment wasn't very good. If the movie got cancelled for quality I'm glad. Someone should have stepped in on WW1984 but didn't. Jenkins would be in a much better place career wise if they had.

What's gonna happen with The Rock and Henry Cavill?

I still have hope for Cavill, but I HIGHLY doubt The Rock ever comes back as Black Adam. I cannot see his ego being told he isn't in charge and has to play the role the way Gunn and Safran tell him to and in the films Gunn and Safran tell him to. Hell, he won't even be in a Shazam movie. It's just not going to work, even if Gunn keeps the DCEU cast.

We'll know for sure once Gunn and Safran unveil their plans next year. But if their plans include scrapping "Superman & Lois" in addition to Cavill --- I'm going to be so ticked off.

Starting off the new regime by giving Patty and Gal the boot, as well as denying Wan and Momoa a chance for a third Aquaman -- is not a good look for fans. (I love Cavill but he's not universally loved like Gal and Momoa are.) They're leaving Reeves alone, but you don't alienate the filmmakers who turned Snyderverse brass into box office gold.

It's not a good look for WBD. And I'm seriously side eying Gunn and Safran's plans thus far.
Seems like Gunn and Safran want to shake the etch a sketch.

I still have hope for Cavill, but I HIGHLY doubt The Rock ever comes back as Black Adam. I cannot see his ego being told he isn't in charge and has to play the role the way Gunn and Safran tell him to and in the films Gunn and Safran tell him to. Hell, he won't even be in a Shazam movie. It's just not going to work, even if Gunn keeps the DCEU cast.

What about Peacemaker? And then The Batman 2 and all its spinoffs?

Didn't Cavill literally just quit The Witcher before he announced he was back as Superman?

I think it's highly likely that the scriptment wasn't that good. Jenkins was given the keys to the kingdom at one point - she was getting the Amazon series spinoff which she never got off the ground.

I think it's highly likely the scriptment wasn't very good. If the movie got cancelled for quality I'm glad. Someone should have stepped in on WW1984 but didn't. Jenkins would be in a much better place career wise if they had.

Thats what rewrites are for. Her Amazon spin-off was never even greenlit. This was at the time where the studio greenlit Black Adam which was nothing special.

If they were really going to do a full-on DCU reset, it should've happened after Batman v Superman.

But they pushed on anyway, *Shrug*

Gosh, I really hope a reboot is happening.

And I understand why they don't fully announce it yet. Doing so would doom Aquaman 2, The Flash and Blue Beetle the same way Dark Phoenix and New Mutants were already doomed before we knew they were bad movies. The interest of the audience would be dead.

Gosh, I really hope a reboot is happening.

And I understand why they don't fully announce it yet. Doing so would doom Aquaman 2, The Flash and Blue Beetle the same way Dark Phoenix and New Mutants were already doomed before we knew they were bad movies. The interest of the audience would be dead.

Why even release those films at this point?

No offense to Gunn and Safran, I think Gunn is a creative filmmaker, but is this really going to go better than the Johns/Berg era? It just feels like we are repeating history.

I agree and disagree.

While this is what I wanted, the DCEU/Snyderverse has time and time again proven to be full of diminishing returns. The Batman was such a breath of fresh air for DC. If that can be replicated successfully for other heroes, I think it will be better for the DC brand overall.

Oh all of Snyderverse is bad—going back to Man of Steel. Don’t get me wrong.

I just expected DC/Gunn/Safran to salvage what cast/continuity it could—much like The Suicide Squad.

Are we acting as if WW84 was well received?

Are we acting as if WW84 was well received?

Did I say that? Regardless of 84, its still be massively successful for the studio with the first film still being well received. If both Gunn/Reeves got all those spin-offs and power after 1 film, why didnt Jenkins?

Thats what rewrites are for. Her Amazon spin-off was never even greenlit. This was at the time where the studio greenlit Black Adam which was nothing special.

I don't disagree. I struggle to see how Black Adam was given the greenlight with that script (or lack thereof).

I mean in theory it's still possible Jenkins could direct a WW3, but it won't be "her" Wonder Woman 3.

And to be clear I think WW1984 is a "misfire", rather than the disaster others claim it is. There's a lot to like in it.

What about Peacemaker? And then The Batman 2 and all its spinoffs?

Gunn has confirmed he has spoken with Matt Reeves and that he will be continuing with The Batman and all of its spinoff. No comment on whether it will be part of Gunn's continuity. But Gunn has confirmed the meeting has taken place and Reeves is still working on The Batman 2 and its spin-offs (and developing more under Gunn).

Gunn has never confirmed, and seems to have not confirmed, that he has had any conversations with anyone in the DCEU cast other than Momoa. Cavill himself seems to confirm he's not heard from Gunn. It's hard to believe Gunn would be building a ten year plan around people he hasn't spoken to.

If Gunn is doing a complete reboot, I can see him retooling his Suicide Squad stuff that hasn't filmed yet to exist in the new continuity, and producing Peacemaker S02 as a "cap" in this final year of the DCEU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"