The Defenders The Defenders Discussion Thread (NO SPOILER TAGS NECESSARY!)

Which people are doing more and more. When Luke calls Danny's story stupid, Danny comes back with "hey, aren't you bulletproof?".
your right this was also said in this video review of film fury. from EPn.tv victor lucas and his new buddy the happy console gamers new venture
it is a good point to a degree. with alien's and other crazy stuff just as crazy happening around that city next to the world .

it's here's the non spoilery review

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[YT]DoEJJtFLZ1U[/YT]
[FONT=&quot]THE DEFENDERS Netflix Review - Film Fury

• 2,318 views[FONT=&quot]2 days ago[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Published on 23 Aug 2017[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Marvel’s The Defenders follows Daredevil AKA Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox), Jessica Jones (Krysten Ritter), Luke Cage (Mike Colter) and Iron Fist AKA Danny Rand (Finn Jones), a quartet of singular heroes with one common goal – to save New York City. This is the story of four solitary figures, burdened with their own personal challenges, who reluctantly realize they just might be stronger when teamed together.
The series is executive produced by showrunner Marco Ramirez ( Marvel’s Daredevil Season 2 , Fear the Walking Dead ), Douglas Petrie ( Marvel’s Daredevil, American Horror Story ), Jeph Loeb ( Marvel’s Daredevil, Marvel's Jessica Jones, Marvel's Luke Cage, Marvel’s Iron Fist ), and Jim Chory ( Marvel’s Daredevil, Marvel's Jessica Jones, Marvel's Luke Cage, Marvel’s Iron Fist) . The action-filled drama brings the four members of the street-level hero team known as The Defenders to the screen.

source:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]FilmFuryz

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That said the writers have long thing ahead to make iron fist better though . hopefully they get better writers where iron fist's invovled. and they need him to bulk up abit more (lean Ripped cut not bulky) with better fight scene's etc. oh and if there's a nother cross they have do better then green scean of them walk onthe street .that back ground was too obvious and people calld them on it. .
[/FONT]

Last edited:
If I were Marvel, I'd try to get as many acclaimed asian directors as I can and just infuse the second season with an appreciation and love of Asian culture. Really embrace the beauty and substance of it all, including an almost all asian cast (not including Danny and Misty).

Follow that up with showing Danny actually changing as a character, calming down and centering himself. Small details including him actually summoning the Iron Fist easier/quicker for long amounts of time. No more boring slow scenes "showing" him focus, it should come quicker.

Then adapt Fraction/Brubaker's IF run and you're gold.

They really do need to get Danny to use the Iron Fist way more easily. I don't remember him having to ever focus in the comics as hard as he does in the show to summon it.

I also want to see more applications of the fist. It does more than just punch things really hard.

They really do need to get Danny to use the Iron Fist way more easily. I don't remember him having to ever focus in the comics as hard as he does in the show to summon it.

I also want to see more applications of the fist. It does more than just punch things really hard.
it's also on more than one had etc and maybe up the budget with the effects.

But first thing's first better fight choreography and better writers that has to happen first and he need's to work out more. as I said int another thread: >> Iron Fist General Discussion...

Get the actor lean ripped and cut look /physique wise. There's alot the need to do for seaon and farward . the thing is will they do it?

He ought to be able to chop food with it in the kitchen, since it should become hard like a piece of metal.

I would also rather it didn't just glow but had that trail of energy like it has in the comics.

He ought to be able to chop food with it in the kitchen, since it should become hard like a piece of metal.

I would also rather it didn't just glow but had that trail of energy like it has in the comics.
that's what I mean by upping the special effects and back groud sets. too.

lol I don't he should glow like his skin is bcoming a light bulb like that on his hand. un less he healing his own body or someone else.

May be they wanted it in way to tell his chi apart from energy user's like mutant's and other super humans in the MU(me saying this theyt likely didn't think of this at all.) But I prefer the trail of energy my self too.

Last edited:
it's also on more than one had etc and maybe up the budget with the effects.

But first thing's first better fight choreography and better writers that has to happen first and he need's to work out more. as I said int another thread: >> Iron Fist General Discussion...

Get the actor lean ripped and cut look /physique wise. There's alot the need to do for seaon and farward . the thing is will they do it?
I'd like to see him get in better shape if he's supposed to be some mystical arts champion. I mean look at Luke Cage :woot:

I'd like to see him get in better shape if he's supposed to be some mystical arts champion. I mean look at Luke Cage :woot:
lol Luke's build is too much where martial artist are concerned. but I know what you mean.

lol Luke's build is too much where martial artist are concerned. but I know what you mean.
Oh yeah he's too big for what is needed for an Iron Fist but at least he got into great Luke Cage shape. I'd like the guy playing Iron Fist to get into great IF shape, like Hemsowrth did for Thor, Jackman did for Wolverine etc.

Oh yeah he's too big for what is needed for an Iron Fist but at least he got into great Luke Cage shape. I'd like the guy playing Iron Fist to get into great IF shape, like Hemsowrth did for Thor, Jackman did for Wolverine etc.
well as I said there if you saw the show burn notice with actor Jeffrey Donavan that played Michel Weston that would be the best look and it the perfect fit for Danny physique wise. it also fits spiderman cyclops and ice man the latter three if they were in their early 20's to 40's . his physique fits best for those in the lean and in shape martial artists look that can still look like he takes care of him self-physique wise. it's closer to Hugh jackman's look too.

well as I said there if you saw the show burn notice with actor Jeffrey Donavan that played Michel Weston that would be the best look and it the perfect fit for Danny physique wise. it also fits spiderman cyclops and ice man the latter three if they were in their early 20's to 40's . his physique fits best for those in the lean and in shape martial artists look that can still look like he takes care of him self-physique wise. it's closer to Hugh jackman's look too.
That would be cool. I'd probably prefer slightly larger/slightly more ripped. Jackman was totally ripped at one stage for Wolverine.

That would be cool. I'd probably prefer slightly larger/slightly more ripped. Jackman was totally ripped at one stage for Wolverine.
yes ripped is fine but for guy's like Danny /iron fist , spidey, ice man and cyclops are agile guys . any bulker and it slow them down. especially since they are martial artists compared to luke who only picked up some of that recently in the books but before he was an unrefined street fighter also like on lifting throwing heavy objects.

those 4 they are supposed to be able to handle them selves in a fight if they aren't using their powers creatively to compete with Luke. that's all that's needed with them in martial arts. Luke was made to fight guy's that rival Hercules and thor like the wrecking crew, where martial art's doesn't matter.

when those two aren't around. There's a reason. which we see him in fights where vans are tossed or used a bat's that. It's why Luke is the way he is.

Last edited:
yes ripped is fine but guy's like danny iron fist spidey, ice man and cyclops are agile guys . any bulker and it slow's them down. especilly since they are martial artisted compared to luke who only picked up some of that recently but before he was a unrefined street fighter .

those 4 they are supposed to be able to handle them sleaves in fight if they are usuing their powers creatively . that's all that's needed with them in martail arts. Luke was made to fight guy's that rivale hurcules and thor like the wrecking crew.

when those two aren't around . there's a reason. which we see fight where vans are tosed or used a bat's that why Luke is the way he is.
Yes Luke Cage should be a lot bulkier than those guys. I'd rather Iron Fist was more ripped than Cyclop or Iceman though.

If I were Marvel, I'd try to get as many acclaimed asian directors as I can and just infuse the second season with an appreciation and love of Asian culture. Really embrace the beauty and substance of it all, including an almost all asian cast (not including Danny and Misty).

Follow that up with showing Danny actually changing as a character, calming down and centering himself. Small details including him actually summoning the Iron Fist easier/quicker for long amounts of time. No more boring slow scenes "showing" him focus, it should come quicker.

I agree. They should even bring in a character like Shang-Chi or something too.

Yes, agreed with all the above.

Yes Luke Cage should be a lot bulkier than those guys. I'd rather Iron Fist was more ripped than Cyclop or Iceman though.
it depend 's on what their going for. as for shang shi I hope we see him soon. if there's defenders sequal I hope they have more and better sets too.

it depend 's on what their going for. as for shang shi I hope we see him soon. if there's defenders sequal I hope they have more and better sets too.
I hope we get Shang Chi asap. And I thought the characters and supporting characters interacting in Defenders was great but the villains, sets and story could all do with a huge kick up the ass next time around.

I wonder if they'd ever consider doing that Shadowland arc with Daredevil in the future?

I'd have Shang-Chi be one of the fighters in the tournament for the 7 cities of heaven.

Except he doesn't have any sort of powers + it cheapens his story. Shang Chi needs to be his own thing as a Hong Kong crime drama.

So Jessica Jones S2 is out early 2018. And Luke Cage should be out sometime in mid 2018, maybe August. With DD season3 (suppose to start filming in a month or 2) probably being out in late 2018.

I believe Iron Fist season 2 is also suppose to start filming by end of the year.

I feel like he's slowly being fixed. Yeah, he dragged Defenders down but Defenders arguably repaired the character. I feel like Defenders spent so much screen time on him as a way of redeeming him in the eyes of the general public.

Jon Schnepp of Collider calls the Defenders "The Redemption of Danny Rand"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"