The Defenders The Defenders Discussion Thread (NO SPOILER TAGS NECESSARY!)

So now that all of the Defenders have finally gotten acquainted with each other, would you guys be willing to see some of them make actual cameos in each other's shows as opposed to being just constantly referenced?

Personally, I'd like to see Danny show up (as a cameo) for Daredevil Season 3 so that we can get his reaction towards seeing Matt alive.

Maybe. Luke and JJ have obviously had their interactions in JJ but they might do something again. Cameos only though yes.

I'm still pulling for JJ and Luke and not just because they're a couple in the comic but I really felt like the two had a strong connection in JJ s1. It just...feels like they belong together. Plus, I'm not really too much of a fan of Luke's thing with Claire. SO, hopefully they appear in each others' series.

DEFINITELY wanna see more Matt and JJ.

Until they figure out what to do with Danny, I dont wanna see him pop up nowhere lol

Also, side note, is it just me or does it feel like there is like zero buzz/conversation surrounding this show? It feels like it just came and went. Even Iron Fist had tons of online scuttlebutt around it after it came out.

Last edited:
I'm still pulling for JJ and Luke and not just because they're a couple in the comic but I really felt like the two had a strong connection in JJ s1. It just...feels like they belong together. Plus, I'm not really too much of a fan of Luke's thing with Claire. SO, hopefully they appear in each others' series.

DEFINITELY wanna see more Matt and JJ.

Until they figure out what to do with Danny, I dont wanna see him pop up nowhere lol

Also, side note, is it just me or does it feel like there is like zero buzz/conversation surrounding this show? It feels like it just came and went. Even Iron Fist had tons of online scuttlebutt around it after it came out.

Sadly I would agree. While DEFENDERS was better than IF and in no way terrible it was just so... inoffensive. It was "meh" city half the time. The character interactions sold it and were overall well executed but the full affect at the end of the day was pro-forma all around.

The show needed to deliver on the secret of the Hand and they didn't. The Black Sky was the most threatening when she was going after Jessica Jones in the first or second episode. They really needed to push more in that direction. They should have had more ninjas and more false idol/worship towards the Black Sky/Alexandra. They really should have brought out the Beast and brought the supernatural thing out just a bit. We saw a big dragon skeleton but we can't get Sigourney or Elektra possessed by "The Beast" and some glowing eyes at the very least.

What was the point/purpose of the Black Sky anyway?

Yeah making Gao part of the Hand was unnecessary and too convoluted. It feels like the writers had no idea who they wanted as villains in Iron Fist and decided to take some liberties with already existing characters.
I think I under stand why be side most of
Dare devils enemies like the mutant bloody marie who a part of the hand and also part of the king pin's hit men. if you7 look alot for of the hand's most me memorable people are e from ether dd's rouges gallery or heroes that fought the hand like when the hand messed with both the X-men and new warriors etc certain member from the heroes side were in mind controlled situations or made hand leader the same way Dare devil was in shadow land or were under someone else's control . the only other memorable hand villain's that is a real villain next to bloody marie that is contant is , welll there the mutant villain Gorgon. he's also in the game marvel heroes omega as a boss of the entire Island of mandripoor.

now even though Gorgon is currently the over all boss in the comic's if you look at the history of the actual comic's the hand has this habit of dealing with what they call chapters smilar to biker gangs as they call them deal with their own thing and not telling every Thing to their boss in mandrpoor. as if they are a separate entity.

this also has to do with the current day writer 's doing what writer burn did not wanting character 's , be they heroes or villain not actually communicating with each other when in reality organization fall apart die and should remain dead when they don't do that at all . like keeping intel reports cause they think it more interesting that way and it cause unnecessary drama which has be na bit too far in recent years on the heroes side .

Last edited:
... what?

The one thing I got from your post is that Gordon is the leader of the Hand in the comics. He got killed during Wolverine: Enemy of the State. And while he could be used in the show, it would have been most logical to just have The Beast (the being the Hand worships) as the main villain of the show.

Also who is Bloody Mary? Do you mean Typhoid Mary? If so, she isn't a Member of the Hand.

I doubt Gorgon is up for grabs since he's a Mutant character and debuted in the Wolverine comics. Unless he'd be under shared Marvel rights.

Elektra taking on the role of Black Sky was sort of perfunctory. It didn't serve any actual meaningful purpose.

... what?

The one thing I got from your post is that Gordon is the leader of the Hand in the comics. He got killed during Wolverine: Enemy of the State. And while he could be used in the show, it would have been most logical to just have The Beast (the being the Hand worships) as the main villain of the show.
yes, I said Goregon and knowing that the live action X-men movies and Marvel studio movies universes are separate it wouldn't matter anyway. I wasn't really saying use Goregon. I said he is over the all leader in the books currently and video games that's on consoles.

the beast is worshipped and it takes over the body of some of it's leaders but most occasion's most of the other leaders are them selves, unless they have linked them selves to an idol of the beast or something similar in power to him.

Also, who is Bloody Mary? Do you mean Typhoid Mary? If so, she isn't a Member of the Hand.

I'm sorry I'm using my buddies pc again cause something stupid happened with my own and there's a bit of time delay with the typing I just added Grammarly to fix any of my usual typing and spelling mistakes but I don't like the way it's working right now.

I used the name bloody mary cause it's her alias which is is also knownb by and it's easier to spell. other I be having rage fits cause thisw thing is giving me trouble and I'm in no mood to hear the usual and that doesn't do any one ay good and it's not good for my helath any more .

since I'm on a computer that's acting very restirctive at this moment,

while she is part of the hand keep in mind she was a out sider and not japanes and also a mutant and I said goregon
casue he's is leader over all currently and it's both inthe books and the video game marvel hereo's Omega which is current onthe ps 4 &Xbox one . andis also a mutant

I'm saying next to to them the only memorable hand are from the heroes side the x-men or new a warriors , next to few others beside dare devil him self ., which the hand have fought which was ether through mind control or other means . there is the ninja kigiri but only few people remember him and thse people that fallow the book's heavyly or run fan sites that put marvels own website of bio's to shame.

most of hand's memorable member aren't japnes it seems and they have added people crime side and taken the heroes they encountereed and fought often into their organization dispite their ethnicty

Last edited:
What was the point/purpose of the Black Sky anyway?

i'm still asking this 10 days later.

what was so special about elektra. she beat up Iron Fist, but so did everyone else. She couldn't even defeat DD and he wasn't even an enhanced human.

Now if she was kicking everyone's butt without breaking a sweat, that'd be 1 thing.

Damn now i wanna see season 3 of DD like right now.

thank god Jessica Jones season 2 is out in 7 months.

Elektra didn't take down Matt because she didn't want to do so. Simple as that. I do think there should have been more moments of her with Luke. Her trying to stab him, the sword breaks, and then trying to take him down by other means and being sort of tossed around or at least standing her ground next to him.

Let's be honest, the miniseries needed another script pass for all the episodes. To tighten The Hand aspect.

yes, I said Goregon and knowing that the live action X-men movies and Marvel studio movies universes are separate it wouldn't matter anyway. I wasn't really saying use Goregon. I said he is over the all leader in the books currently and video games that's on consoles.

the beast is worshipped and it takes over the body of some of it's leaders but most occasion's most of the other leaders are them selves, unless they have linked them selves to an idol of the beast or something similar in power to him.

I'm sorry I'm using my buddies pc again cause something stupid happened with my own and there's a bit of time delay with the typing I just added Grammarly to fix any of my usual typing and spelling mistakes but I don't like the way it's working right now.

I used the name bloody mary cause it's her alias which is is also knownb by and it's easier to spell. other I be having rage fits cause thisw thing is giving me trouble and I'm in no mood to hear the usual and that doesn't do any one ay good and it's not good for my helath any more .

since I'm on a computer that's acting very restirctive at this moment,

while she is part of the hand keep in mind she was a out sider and not japanes and also a mutant and I said goregon
casue he's is leader over all currently and it's both inthe books and the video game marvel hereo's Omega which is current onthe ps 4 &Xbox one . andis also a mutant

I'm saying next to to them the only memorable hand are from the heroes side the x-men or new a warriors , next to few others beside dare devil him self ., which the hand have fought which was ether through mind control or other means . there is the ninja kigiri but only few people remember him and thse people that fallow the book's heavyly or run fan sites that put marvels own website of bio's to shame.

most of hand's memorable member aren't japnes it seems and they have added people crime side and taken the heroes they encountereed and fought often into their organization dispite their ethnicty

Ok. I still stand by that Typhoid Mary isn't a member of The Hand. She briefly worked with them during Shadowland but that barely makes her a member. Also, I wouldn't waste her with them, when they already had Elektra.

what was so special about elektra. she beat up Iron Fist, but so did everyone else. She couldn't even defeat DD and he wasn't even an enhanced human.

Now if she was kicking everyone's butt without breaking a sweat, that'd be 1 thing.

Daredevil is technically enhanced.

Elektra didn't take down Matt because she didn't want to do so. Simple as that. I do think there should have been more moments of her with Luke. Her trying to stab him, the sword breaks, and then trying to take him down by other means and being sort of tossed around or at least standing her ground next to him.

Let's be honest, the miniseries needed another script pass for all the episodes. To tighten The Hand aspect.

Ok. I still stand by that Typhoid Mary isn't a member of The Hand. She briefly worked with them during Shadowland but that barely makes her a member. Also, I wouldn't waste her with them, when they already had Elektra.
she was made a member way before shadow land though. and most writer at Marvel will still say she is. but she also under the king pins version of the hand in the states of North American chapter (each state and province has a chapter like a biker gang does )as they6 like to call them selves and I also stated that the writers of Marvel have this bad habit al ways want ing both heroes and villains in organizations to not be talking to each when crucial intel in needed other wise their organization would fall a part and most like should deserve to stay dead.

they are more interested in them being either at each other throats cause to them it's interesting that ways or out for the selves.

it's and excuse for them to allow stupid mistakes to happen when it shouldn't Now, for villains that make sense since a lot of them, they are overly selfish. With the heroes that weirder. but it's been happening with the latter regardless.

technically she does have power's that she picked up from the hand and master stick. but they don't always show them and so far it may not be a thing right now. as for dare devil he's mutate human with his radar sense with his sense o touch and hearing heightened more than deaf person usually hear's or feals and he's human lie detector and walking crime lab and he's also learned some ninja techniques that will allow him to enhance his strength and do another feat's that 's much like iron fist's chi ,but they aren't concentrating on that aspect for now. but dare devil is very capable of them.

it's like how has batman know's this thing with ninja technique's but it's like ly one of the many skill's he keep hidden or doesn't rely on un til he feels it's needed.

she beat iron fist due to just fighting skill and it's possible danny wasn't into defeating her. it was a matter of conviction there.

Last edited:
Elektra didn't seem to have any additional powers as Black Sky she didn't have before.

Also, I'm asking specifically what was the purpose of Black Sky that they needed Black Sky for their plan? It didn't seem there was anything especially unique or special about Black Sky that they've been planning this since Daredevil.

Keep in mind the first Black Sky they had was a little kid. So...they needed a little kid to become Black Sky, push around Iron Fist and make his hand punch a wall? That seems rather silly and pointless.

Elektra didn't seem to have any additional powers as Black Sky she didn't have before.

Also, I'm asking specifically what was the purpose of Black Sky that they needed Black Sky for their plan? It didn't seem there was anything especially unique or special about Black Sky that they've been planning this since Daredevil.

Keep in mind the first Black Sky they had was a little kid. So...they needed a little kid to become Black Sky, push around Iron Fist and make his hand punch a wall? That seems rather silly and pointless.

oh, ok let me clear thing's up here. I had no idea he was responding to your question. I thought he was talking about how she beat Danny with the powers he has.

I didn't say she did (in show ) she's known to have power's that simulate psionic's mid level in the comic's and there's special scream she has and this is the books though. and I did say so far they don't show any of them in the show where she's involved.

Yet. the black sky was meaning less Though.

I don't know why they built it up to have nothing come from it. only they can answer that.
Unless they are pushing it as some delayed reaction it's only them that say if there was ever any point to it all .

Last edited:
Elektra did get more powers as the Black Sky though. She became faster and stronger (Jessica Jones trying to chase after her). It's just not something that was used much.

As for the Typhoid Mary/Hand connection. It's a weak one. Saying most writers would consider her to be a member of the Hand is a bit of a reach too (pardon the pun). She was in the Elektra movie (ugh) and she was in the Shadowland arc but there was no big inclusion of her and her key stories do not include them. She's more connected to the Kingpin stories and that does not mean they are connected to The Hand.

are we all agreed that the Netflix shows need massive editing and review?

They have so much potential and yet so many small things here or there that can sink them.

Iron Fist was a critical flop, yet loads of people watched. I'm sure many were disgusted and watched to mock him though.

Hopefully they can do a lot better for season 2.

Luke cage started off slow. You could forget it was a superhero series, but then ole Diamondback showed up and ruined its potential.

Yes. Iron Fist needs a full on deBucking. Luke Cage should have been reviewed and whoever was reviewing it should have come to the same conclusion that everyone else has about Diamondback. Good show otherwise. JJ was great, could just have benefited from the twin sister character being deleted. And DD was fine as is.

Haha, love it :up::cool::woot:

thanks it reminds me of when Wednesday had a similar one in Addams Family Values :hehe:

tumblr_nx7izsIsnA1qadtbuo1_400.gif

:eek:

thanks it reminds me of when Wednesday had a similar one in Addams Family Values :hehe:

tumblr_nx7izsIsnA1qadtbuo1_400.gif

:eek:

Haha, love that too! Feels like about 20 years since I've seen that film.

Elektra did get more powers as the Black Sky though. She became faster and stronger (Jessica Jones trying to chase after her). It's just not something that was used much.

As for the Typhoid Mary/Hand connection. It's a weak one. Saying most writers would consider her to be a member of the Hand is a bit of a reach too (pardon the pun). She was in the Elektra movie (ugh) and she was in the Shadowland arc but there was no big inclusion of her and her key stories do not include them. She's more connected to the Kingpin stories and that does not mean they are connected to The Hand.
the king pin run's a chapter of the hand which is making up for his fake induction of hydra's his son almost got him into to. but it was ruse long ago by the red skull this the hand thing

was in the 2000's mid to now / the king pin still has them take orders from him. it's just how things are currently he's listed as one of their lower level head for now. and the are certain part ofthe hand that have alwaysben for hire .

Elektra I even wonder if she will break free from her brainwashing or whatever she is under to turn back to the light to turn good again? If that were to happen then I can definitely see her joining The Defenders if that were to ever happen but I definitely like her better as a villain

What would make this Defenders series even better? Frank Castle showing up either joining their team or hell even showing up in a cameo capacity to just tear **** up

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"