The Defenders The Defenders Discussion Thread (NO SPOILER TAGS NECESSARY!)

So Jessica Jones S2 is out early 2018. And Luke Cage should be out sometime in mid 2018, maybe August. With DD season3 (suppose to start filming in a month or 2) probably being out in late 2018.

I believe Iron Fist season 2 is also suppose to start filming by end of the year.
A lot to look forward to!

Are we sure IF s2 isn't happening before DD s3?

Except he doesn't have any sort of powers + it cheapens his story. Shang Chi needs to be his own thing as a Hong Kong crime drama.
So from the books I have of shang shi he does have chi powers. he doesn't use them the same way Danny does in an over flash way or not often . he use's it for both inner strength and to simulate super human strength like energy users be they mutant or other types of super human in the MU , next to channeling through object's like his Nunchuck's be they normal or tech inter-grated as they have of late on the latter half and only recently has he started doing something like making multiple doubles of him self kinda rivaling multiple man aka Jamie Madrox of the x-men's investigative / government X factor.

now basically the writer will likely still have him be from china. but with his history and Details about his dad he's likely to have Chi be linked to the city of kung lun or be his own thing , the same ways iron fist pr the city he trained in had no history with the hand til the net flix series started

Last edited:
Anyone interested in the Marvel Legends Netflix wave of figures, Hasbro Toy Shop has the whole wave on sale now. So you can get Netflix Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Elektra, and The Punisher.

$19.99 each, but if you sign up for newsletter, you can get 20 percent off right off the bat AND you can get free shipping if your order is over $49.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/hts...e-_-HeaderStoreLogo_Content-_-HeaderStoreLogo

Daredevil S3 was announced well before Iron Fist even premiered. So they were already prepping a third season and getting everyone lined up to come back.

So if 2017 looks like this:

Iron Fist
The Defenders
The Punisher

2018 will have to look like this:

Jessica Jones
Daredevil S3
Luke Cage S2 ???

2019 will then have to look like

Iron Fist S2
The Punisher S2 ???
Luke Cage S2 ???

2017 saw three shows, with one being a shorter miniseries event. So, with all these shows going around something might have to change if they want to keep making more.

Daredevil S3 was announced well before Iron Fist even premiered. So they were already prepping a third season and getting everyone lined up to come back.

So if 2017 looks like this:

Iron Fist
The Defenders
The Punisher

2018 will have to look like this:

Jessica Jones
Daredevil S3
Luke Cage S2 ???

2019 will then have to look like

Iron Fist S2
The Punisher S2 ???
Luke Cage S2 ???

2017 saw three shows, with one being a shorter miniseries event. So, with all these shows going around something might have to change if they want to keep making more.

I think it might still be a 2 a year release schedule. Defenders would be the exception since it was shorter.
As for what gets released, when....Key is to just work backwards. What started production first. I believe Jessica Jones might have started before Luke but I could be wrong. It'll probably be:

2017 -
The Punisher

2018 -
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Daredevil (?)

2019 -
Daredevil
Iron Fist

So Jessica Jones S2 and Luke Cage S2 already started production. That's a good bet we get both in 2018.

Daredevil might just barely make or barely miss 2018.

But damn, if we have to wait three years for Daredevil S3. Dang.

It will have been 3 years between Jessica Jones seasons as well.

Yeah, that's nuts to think about. Wow, it's already been almost two years since JJS1

They should give us three series in a year like Marvel are having three films in a year. There can surely be more than two, especially since it all comes out on one day and not over several weeks. Even if they were over several weeks, the CW has several of their DC shows running during a week on different nights. But since that isn't the case here, I can't see why there should only be usually 2 Marvel shows per year.

Yeah, that's nuts to think about. Wow, it's already been almost two years since JJS1

Oh, no wonder my memory was so bad on rewatching it.

Okay, finished watching yesterday.

The show was good, but not extraordinary good.

Very slow build up in episodes 1 and 2. After episode 3, I thought this is gonna be awesome. Great fight scenes, funny dialogues... and it lasted for several episodes. Also liked Elektra killing Alexandra and Stick's attempt to kill Danny.

However, the ending wasn't as good as what happened before. Although I liked the idea with the dragon bones...

I'm not sure if the merging of the respective mythologies of K'un L'un and the Hand (totally seperate things in the comics) was a good idea. I'm pretty sure that that's not what they had in mind in season 1 of Daredevil: There the Hand appeared totally Japanese, Madame Gao's organization didn't seem to be connected in any way... maybe it would have been better if it had stayed that way.

There suddenly seemed far fewer Japanese people in the Hand this time round. Suddenly they were a multi-cultural organisation.

I'm up to the halfway point of episode 5.

Just can't seem to get into this though. Doesn't feel much like an "event" to me at all. I suppose if one is really into the old kung-fu movies of the 80's this might be interesting.

Last edited:
There suddenly seemed far fewer Japanese people in the Hand this time round. Suddenly they were a multi-cultural organisation.

Thing is what's weird is Madame Gao's actress, Wai Ching Ho, is Chinese and from Hong Kong. In Daredevil, her organization appeared to be separate from The Hand and independent from Nobu even though they were aligned together with Wilson Fisk. In season 2 of Daredevil, that also seemed to be the case. She wasn't involved with any of the Black Sky/Nobu/Elektra business.

So it seems, K'un L'un whatever it is, was not closed off to whites and people from western civilization.

But in Daredevil S1 they were already planting the seeds of K'un L'un with Madame Gao.

I think conflating Madame Gao with the Hand was a mistake.

Thing is what's weird is Madame Gao's actress, Wai Ching Ho, is Chinese and from Hong Kong. In Daredevil, her organization appeared to be separate from The Hand and independent from Nobu even though they were aligned together with Wilson Fisk. In season 2 of Daredevil, that also seemed to be the case. She wasn't involved with any of the Black Sky/Nobu/Elektra business.

So it seems, K'un L'un whatever it is, was not closed off to whites and people from western civilization.

But in Daredevil S1 they were already planting the seeds of K'un L'un with Madame Gao.

I think conflating Madame Gao with the Hand was a mistake.

Right.

In DD season 1, both the Hand and Madame Gao were mysterious and threatening. They have lost some of that since then.

Yeah making Gao part of the Hand was unnecessary and too convoluted. It feels like the writers had no idea who they wanted as villains in Iron Fist and decided to take some liberties with already existing characters.

I had no idea JJ was that strong, I knew she could lift up the back end of a car and jump high but what she did in the last episode damn!

I had no idea JJ was that strong, I knew she could lift up the back end of a car and jump high but what she did in the last episode damn!

It stands out all the more because they showed very few strength (or jumping) feats for her.

after watching Defenders I decided to bring back creepy smile Jess avatar :D

My fix for Madame Gao if instead of being The Hand, they were a rogue group from K'un L'un trying to take over K'un L'un and the rest of the world through back channels and separate from the Hand. Maybe Davos turned dissident due to Danny Rand and was in league with Gao instead. So there you go.

That IMHO sounds better than what we ended up with and Davos throwing tin foil ninja stars and saying to Joy they need to kill Danny now apparently and Joy's like, "Cool tellz me moar!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"