Iron Man 2 The "Easter Eggs/References" Thread (Spoilers to minimum)

sexual cookies...mmmmmmmm

brian%20fantana.jpg

60% of the time, it works everytime.

Just to comment on the Peter Parker thing it's not that much of a stretch. Anybody remember the guy who looked like Thomas Jane's Punisher in Spider Man 2? Which would mean a character from a Loins Gate movie makes an appearence in a Sony movie. More than likely it's just one of those things where a connection is being made where there is none, but to say there is no chance it a stretch also in my opinion.

As for the I'm the realist person you'll ever meet line I have a question. What does it mean? While watching the movie I was like I should know what that means but I'm drawing a blank. I really can't add anything other than another speculation type of easter egg. Which would be that I thought the Whiplash mask on the IM like suit looked liked the mask in the Whiolash story TPB I was looking at like the week before the movie opened. By the way this is the TPB I'm talking about: http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Man-Vs-W...r_1_29?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274244737&sr=1-29

Nick Fury says hes the realest person Tony Stark will ever meet

Nick Fury also says hes got bigger problems in the South West (or was it South East?)

These two aren't clear to me. What are they a reference to?

1) Mark V: Where did the idea came from?

A long time ago, famous comics writer Kurt Busiek along with Sean Chen, Alex Ross and IM Fan Allen Bujak created a "Heroes Return" armor, that folds into its own compact, remote-controlled flying case - The Armor Module.
armormoduleicon.jpg

It was an enourmous change in Tony Stark's suit up process: the armor unfolded, wrapping around and enveloping Stark, even on the fly. The Armor Module had limited repulsor energy (which is somewhat true to Mark V armor in Iron Man 2.

The Heroes Retrun/Sentient armor stored itself, collapsing at the same time into a module that was controlled by Stark's watch. The Armor Module was triggered by access codes and also was flight capable, coming to Stark when he needed it most (encounter with villains/rescue missions and e.t.c.).

So yeah, this Module must have had a great impact on Mark V's appearence, but it is not the suitcase at the same time. The idea of the briefcase/suitcase first appeared in Tales of Suspense #40 (though, it looked funny enough).

+ COMICS IM LEGEND (Writer/Penciler) - Bob Layton made the armor actually FIT INTO THE BRIEFCASE in mini-series Iron Man: Bad Blood.

Last edited:
like more unreal things have to happen yet.....meet a giant monster and a godlike extra terrestrian, maybe a godlike creature from the atlantic ocean as well?

^ This is completely out of the blue. There is no hint for any of that.

The United Service Organizations Inc. (USO) is a private, nonprofit organization that provides morale and recreational services to members of the U.S. military, with programs in 140 centers worldwide. Since 1941, it has worked in partnership with the Department of Defense (DOD), and has provided support and entertainment to U.S. armed forces, relying heavily on private contributions and on funds, goods, and services from DOD. Although congressionally chartered, it is not a government agency.

During World War II, the USO became the G.I.'s "home away from home," and began a tradition of entertaining the troops that continues today. Involvement in the USO was one of the many ways in which the nation had come together to support the war effort, with nearly 1.5 million Americans having volunteered their services in some way. After it was disbanded in 1947, it was revived in 1950 for the Korean War, after which it also provided peacetime services. During the Vietnam War, USOs were sometimes located in combat zones.

The organization became particularly famous for its live performances called Camp Shows, through which the entertainment industry helped boost the morale of its servicemen and women. Hollywood in general was eager to show its patriotism, and lots of big names joined the ranks of USO entertainers. They entertained in military bases both at home and overseas, often placing their own lives in danger by traveling or performing under hazardous conditions - some losing their lives.

During the 1990s it delivered services to 5 million active duty service members and their families and today "continues to be a touch of home to America's troops."
thanks for the explanation roach, i though it's from marvel universe just like SHIELD

Couslon being a skrull would suck. Especially since I like him. Though, it wouldn't suck if he turned out to be the skrull who turns into Super Skrull... The only cool skrull.

Super Skrull is at Fox with the FF...dont ask me how they are expected to do a flick without the Skrulls but have the Super skrull in it.
Its just speculation that he is a skrull...he could be a kree for all we know

WTF.... Noooo. I like Super Skrull! He can't be at crappy Fox! *Goes into denial*

But seriously, didn't Fox used to have the whole Skrull rights? Maybe they went back to Marvel with SS. There's no way Fox could use him, when Marvel owns the rights to the Skrull name.

WTF.... Noooo. I like Super Skrull! He can't be at crappy Fox! *Goes into denial*

But seriously, didn't Fox used to have the whole Skrull rights? Maybe they went back to Marvel with SS. There's no way Fox could use him, when Marvel owns the rights to the Skrull name.

Dude I thought the Skrulls would have been at Fox with the FF. Seriously Marvel needs to list what they have and whats out at other studios.

He did say Pepper would hear from him again

I´ve been thinking about that recently.

IF Mandarin has been watching Tony Stark´s moves and he knows who Hammer is The Mandarin might help him escape from jail and use him to his advantage..............somehow.....just an idea.

Fav has said he wants Mandarin for IM3

I know thats why i wrote that idea up there.

ps: Dude when did Gary died? i heard he was in the hospital but......damn. :csad:

So Gary Coleman was in Iron Man 2? I must've missed that. Was he one of the drones' heads? Or that 'kid' wearing the Iron Man mask?

On a semi-related note, did anybody else catch DJ AM's appearance in the film? The movie was dedicated to him as well.

So Gary Coleman was in Iron Man 2? I must've missed that. Was he one of the drones' heads? Or that 'kid' wearing the Iron Man mask?

On a semi-related note, did anybody else catch DJ AM's appearance in the film? The movie was dedicated to him as well.

"Hey Dj, gimme a tight beat to beat my friend´s ass to" *laughs* :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"