Iron Man 2 The "Easter Eggs/References" Thread (Spoilers to minimum)

Which means TIH must come before IM2, or at they happen at the same time...

It would have to be the same time. If it was before IM2 then Tony would have been on board with the AI from the begining.

I don't know if this counts as an easter egg, but...

Tony's green juice makes a return.

Hey just watched the first Iron Man and noticed the Roxxon Corp. building behind Iron Monger when he launches the missle at the bus. Does any one know if it is mentioned in IM2. In the comics it is responcible for many a super villain. Its a nice easter egg in the first one just curious if it pops in the 2nd one at all

At the start of the movie, on Vanko's wall, there's a magazine cover with a headline about a Solar Storm. Fantastic Four reference :oldrazz:

The funniest thing about the whole experince of watching the movie, for me, was making my friends sit through the credits to watch that scene. Having not spoiled myself i didn't know exactly what to expect, but presumed it was something to do with Agent Colsun (? I forget his name everytime i go to write it) seeing as his very pointless character just pissed off halfway through the film

None of them new what the hell it meant and were all pretty angry we missed last orders at the bar because of i made them stay and watch it.

I was thinking - are these kinda 'Easter Eggs' even worth it? Most people don't have a clue what they're refering too, and in this film, to me at least, it felt that Shield/Nick Fury/Agent whateverhisnameis was one giant easter egg for future Marvel films, not serving the plot of the film at all, and in fact slowing it down a fair bit.

Im going to disagree with you Mantis. Those are put in there for the fans and trust me we get it. Its nice that the general audience pays for us fanboys to see the Super Heros we grew up with come to life. So dont get me wrong i love you guys for it but these are not really made for you, I know that they have to cater to you so you guys will watch it to but still its made for the fans. So if you dont understand what it means it doesnt really bother any one.
Oh and to a fan yes these easter eggs are worth it. Im not aven a fan of [BLACKOUT]Thor[/BLACKOUT] and i totaly lost my mind and cant wait to see the movie. Its all about loveing the universe and watching it be born on the silver screen:bomb:

Last edited:
The funniest thing about the whole experince of watching the movie, for me, was making my friends sit through the credits to watch that scene. Having not spoiled myself i didn't know exactly what to expect, but presumed it was something to do with Agent Colsun (? I forget his name everytime i go to write it) seeing as his very pointless character just pissed off halfway through the film

None of them new what the hell it meant and were all pretty angry we missed last orders at the bar because of i made them stay and watch it.

I was thinking - are these kinda 'Easter Eggs' even worth it? Most people don't have a clue what they're refering too, and in this film, to me at least, it felt that Shield/Nick Fury/Agent whateverhisnameis was one giant easter egg for future Marvel films, not serving the plot of the film at all, and in fact slowing it down a fair bit.

I agree. Stick these Easter Egg endings at the end of the movie like in The Incredible Hulk, not right at the end of the credits. Only comic fans get them and these frustrate their friends who humor them by sitting through the credits with them only to frown in bewilderment at what the hell these scenes are meant to mean. It can work just as well before the credits roll.

The one redeeming factor of this movie was that scene. It actually said FU to the general audience in a way. Things like the showing off of the Captain America shield was just annoying. Also flaunting Fury at a random point and Stark creating Vibranium (though was this actually said during the movie? I can't remember hearing it). So the Thor scene made me smile, but all the rest was just a stupid bloody marketing ploy.

isnt caps shield made up of Vibranium and some other **** maybe he was talking about the metal that it all turned into

Im going to disagree with you Mantis. Those are put in there for the fans and trust me we get it. Its nice that the general audience pays for us fanboys to see the Super Heros we grew up with come to life. So dont get me wrong i love you guys for it but these are not really made for you, I know that they have to cater to you so you guys will watch it to but still its made for the fans. So if you dont understand what it means it doesnt really bother any one.
Oh and to a fan yes these easter eggs are worth it. Im not aven a fan of [BLACKOUT]Thor[/BLACKOUT] and i totaly lost my mind and cant wait to see the movie. Its all about loveing the universe and watching it be born on the silver screen:bomb:

Dude. I knew what every reference throughout the film meant. I'm a geek. A closeted one perhaps, but a geek none the less.

What i was trying to say was, with Marvel dropping all these references to the still forming Marvel-Movieverse, are they gonna confuse the non-geeks? Is it worth sacrificing the integraty of the film by filling it with knowing winks to people like us? I had explain who Nick Fury was, who Shield were, who [BLACKOUT]The Avengers[/BLACKOUT] were, who [BLACKOUT]the Shield[/BLACKOUT] and [BLACKOUT]Hammer[/BLACKOUT] belonged too to my friends after the film. They had no idea, and to be honest, didn't care.

I dont mind easter eggs as a bit of fun, but when they're scattered throughout the film, are sometimes at the forefront of scenes and sometimes turned into 'full-on' characters ala Nick Fury (
and it is never explicitly explained who he is or what his intentions are - he's just a teaser for geeks like us who know what the crack is
), are they getting in the way of the story?

I dunno.

They say who he is in the first one so i guess they expect you to have seen that much at least. Not trying to attack you Mantis i just get defensive when i think im talking to the general audience. So sorry for lumping you in there with them

They say who he is in the first one so i guess they expect you to have seen that much at least. Not trying to attack you Mantis i just get defensive when i think im talking to the general audience. So sorry for lumping you in there with them

Ha, it's all good dude, i nearly punched each one of my friends directly in the face for not knowing who [BLACKOUT]The Avengers[/BLACKOUT] were after the film!

isnt caps shield made up of Vibranium and some other **** maybe he was talking about the metal that it all turned into

Cap's shield is an adamantium/vibranium alloy. Since adamantium is mentioned in the X-Men movies (Wolvie's skeleton) it may be that Fox has the rights to using it.

Has anyone seen any Mandarin/Ten Rings references in IM2?

No mention of
Fin Fang Foon or Mandarin
in the movie :csad:
In fact, nothing for Iron Man 3.

Favreau tells :

"If you look at the screens, especially when you're dealing with the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, you can start to see areas identified there," said Favreau of a few moments in which S.H.I.E.L.D. computers monitoring current events appear in the background of a scene. "There are little clues that are layered into graphics that relate to other films, other franchises in this world. You might want to look at it a few times or wait for the DVD."

I see the movie twice and I make a list :

- Europe: no points in Great Britain (Captain Britain, Excalibur, there was something to do !)... but in Scandinavia. Hard to say exactly where, or what it means.

- Africa: East Africa (Somalia, Kenya). One thinks immediately to Wakanda, except that by different sources, the fictional country is farther west. But no doubt that for a film, it is possible to take some liberties with geography.

- Atlantic Ocean: in the southern Atlantic Ocean, between Brazil and Angola. No idea what it could be.

- USA: East side, Washington / New York, probably Tony Stark. To the west, probably Hulk. New Mexico: Thor. A final point in Alaska ...

Vibranium was in Xmen origins wolverine its the rock fragment that they are looking for in africa they use that with two other things to make adamantium, at least in the movies i dont remember how its made in the comics. They never get around to calling it vibranium im guessing because they dont have the rights to that. Probobly goes with the Black Panther were ever the rights for that character may lay

This are the easter eggs that I saw.

Around the end of the film, in the SHIELD office, there's a world map with specific locations marked,
I saw a spot in Eastern Africa Black Panther/ Wakanda,
I saw another spot in L.A. Iron Man
Another in New Mexico Thor
Another in New York Hulk(the fight with abomination is in new york)
Another between Canada an Groenland Captain America freezed
and I saw another in europe but i dont know who can be.

The other easter egg that I saw is when tony open the box with the stuff of his dad , you can clearly see a Captain America comic.

Fin Fang Foom was supposed to be on a big sign that Ironman would fly by. Dont know if that's true, i havent seen the movie yet.

Captain America shield in Iron Man 2 apperance in film!Why?

Presumably, he bought it from a private collector or something...

Howard Stark was one of the founding members of Shield, so he was probably involved in the Super Soldier programme. Maybe it was just amongst the stuff Tony found from his Dad

I see Iron Man 2 again (3 times :woot:). Update of the SHIELD map :

+ we can see an Artic's map in the Howard Stark trunk.

Sorry, it's a traduction of a french article with all Iron Man 2 easter eggs/hidden reference. We have 7 points on the map :up: !

http://lestoilesheroiques.blogspot.com/2010/05/iron-man-2-vengeurs-hulk-captain.html

- Europe: no points in Great Britain (Captain Britain, Excalibur, there was something to do !)... but in Scandinavia. Hard to say exactly where, or what it means.

- Africa: East Africa (Somalia, Kenya). One thinks immediately to Wakanda, except that by different sources, the fictional country is farther west. But no doubt that for a film, it is possible to take some liberties with geography.

- Atlantic Ocean: in the southern Atlantic Ocean, between Brazil and Angola. Probably Namor, prominent member of Invaders, whose presence in the film Captain America is already assured. The main problem is that Namor is a mutant (he "belongs" to the then Fox) ... but basically, it is primarily a character in the category "Heroes" and not a mutant. If one adds his presence on the map, I think his presence is highly plausible in the future!

- Greenland / Iceland: where is Captain America in Freeze mode? Without doubt, as it says that Captain America is frozen in North Atlantic. Except ... in the DVD of the Incredible Hulk, the body cap is frozen with his shield, but Arctic. The geographical difference is not huge anyway.

- USA: East side, Washington / New York, probably Hulk. To the west, no doubt Tony Stark. New Mexico: Thor.

It's a prototype, it looked way too ****** to be the real deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"