The "Easter Eggs/References" Thread (Spoilers to minimum)

Discussion in 'Iron Man 2' started by Gamingboy, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Wesley Dodds

Wesley Dodds He Who Lurks...

Well, yeah but it could've been the original WW2 shield. Of course it looked ******, it's battle damaged.

2. shogunrua

shogunrua Well-Known Member

not battle damaged, more like an unfinished version. And yeah it was in the middle of the stuff from his dad that Nick Fury gives to Tony

3. Wesley Dodds

Wesley Dodds He Who Lurks...

Which is a little bit confusing considering the shield is also clearly seen in the first movie too. Before he got his Dads stuff.

4. joke

joke Well-Known Member

Tony's father was a founding member of SHIELD in the movieverse and it was amongst his other belongings that Fury gave Tony. But you're wrong, it wasn't Cap's shield, it was a plastic model of the shield with a cross-section of the different layers that make it up.

5. Wolvieboy17

Wolvieboy17 Believe it!

Its not in Howard Starks crate, it's in a different box. Coulson reaches in and gets it out... I've seen it twice, and the Howard Stark crate it alot smaller than the one he gets the shield from... Also, theres no way the shield would even fit in the howard stark crate.

6. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

On IMDB it lists Mrs Arbogast in the credits. Which one was she? Was she the secretary who came in when Pepper was at her desk and Tony was trying to bring her strawberries?

Also, Pepper was on the phone to Bert from legal. Was that Bert Hingle, Stark's sleazy lawyer in the comics whom Tony fired, and who later represents Bree Daniels, the girl who shot Tony Stark?

7. TheFuture

TheFuture Rising

Isn't the shield meant to be like, indestructable? :cwink:

8. Lone

Lone Non-playable character

There was a guy listed as "ten rings gangster" in the credits. I don't know if he's [BLACKOUT]the guy who got Ivan his passport[/BLACKOUT]or the [BLACKOUT]body double in the prison[/BLACKOUT].

TIH and the arrival of [BLACKOUT]Thor[/BLACKOUT] takes place half way through this film. [BLACKOUT]The arrival of Thor was also foretold in TIH during one of the news segments with the asian reporter which was also seen at the end of IM2 which leads me to believe the thunderstorm in TIH is in fact the arrival of Thor.[/BLACKOUT] I watched TIH before I went to watch IM2 and after and found TIH to be more awesome.:awesome:

Seriously, Marvel is doing a great job at making the movies feel like part of a larger universe. :up:

9. ironman29758

ironman29758 Well-Known Member

TIH scene with the thunderbolt was just an illusion to the Hulk: Gray miniseries.

10. LightningFlash

LightningFlash Well-Known Member

True, and even though we didn't SEE Thor(which wasn't that rock, lol), there could've been a massive storm over the entire United States when Thor fell from Asgard.

It could always be a hint when you think about it, imo.

And 2,000th post, woo-hoo!!

11. RaZaTrOn

RaZaTrOn Well-Known Member

Yes it was Bambi Arbogast

12. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

It didn't click that it was her. She wasn't old or rotund enough, and she needed a more bossy personality. If she had acted that way, I would've thought "hey, she seems just like Bambi Arbogast!" and then would've been pleasantly surprised to find out later on that it was.

If we're getting Mrs Arbogast, we should've had her sister, Uranus Bliss, who showed up intermittently in the Iron Man comics and Stark kept crashing into her when he rushed off to change into Iron Man.

13. TheseScars

TheseScars Well-Known Member

Just saw the film and it was pretty good. I was kind of down on it for a few weeks but after seeing it I don't have a lot of complaints. I felt like you can watch Iron Man and Iron Man 2 back to back and not have a problem with tone, continuity, ect. As soon as I got into the Iron Man 2 I didn't want it to end bc it felt just like the first movie.

Okay as for easter eggs :

The Cap shield was the same shield laying around from the first movie but we get a better look at it this time around. Tony is looking for something to put under this piping while he's making his new RT and Coulson walks in a picks it up and is like, " Why do you have this?"...seemingly like he knew exactly what it was and how special it was. Tony pays no mind and takes it and puts it under the piping to have something strong to hold it up..haha. The star and the whole center is cut in half so you can see the inner workings of the shield..looks like he was disaselmbling it or building a mach model

I saw the locations on the SHIELD screen and the one in Europe could be Red Skull?

I wish Fury made it more clear to Stark that there are other hero's with powers and not tech suit

Was expecting a better ending scene but oh well. I can't wait for Thor now to see how Stark reacts to finding out about Asgard and Thor's powers and all that stuff...should be funny..

14. Obi-Ron

Obi-Ron Deal with it

That's an allusion, not an illusion.

15. LightningFlash

^^ Nope, Doctor Strange is involved, lol.

16. 3 Dev Adam

3 Dev Adam I AM THE GREEN VENOM!

Well, they CAN retrofit Thor there... if they want to.

17. ironman29758

ironman29758 Well-Known Member

I meant to say allusion, but I was in a rush.

18. LightningFlash

^^ What kind of excuse is that? 'A' and 'I' are worlds apart from eachother on the keyboard, lol.

19. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

The guy that got Vanko the stuff could've been working for 10 Rings, but there was nothing to clearly identify him as such.

20. LightningFlash

The only thing we were given was a Ten Rings character typed on the end credits. It's sad because we were given so much Ten Rings story in the novel.

21. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

Tony's comment about the government making him Secretary of Defense is a reference to the time in comics where Tony actually was Secretary of Defense.

22. VenomVsSpidey

VenomVsSpidey Well-Known Member

maybe I'm crazy, but in the beginning when
    tony & happy ask to see the lady's badge, her badge strike's a resemblance to that of captain america's

23. E.Brock

E.Brock In shape for the kill

haha good observation

24. roach

roach I am the night

the screens aslo show a superhuman in africa(Black Panther) and in the middle of the atlantic(Namor)

25. Hush

Hush Wee Little Puppet Man

I think the guy that Got Vanko out of prison was the 10 rings gangster.