Iron Man 2 The "Easter Eggs/References" Thread (Spoilers to minimum)

what is this I hear about there being a reference to Justin Hammer being in the 10 rings?

Not sure about that Brock but Hammer seems rather a dumb figure to include in the Ten rings.

the screens aslo show a superhuman in africa(Black Panther) and in the middle of the atlantic(Namor)

No ****? Holy crap.. This stuff is wayyy too damned cool. Lol. Amazing time to be a comic book/movie buff!

No ****? Holy crap.. This stuff is wayyy too damned cool. Lol. Amazing time to be a comic book/movie buff!

they dont show the characters just a map with points highlighted...I assume BP and Namors since no one else would come from those regions

Captain America shield in Iron Man 2 apperance in film!Why?

Because Howard Stark designed a prototype for the shield.

...that and because it was freakin' AWESOME.

Seriously its not a big deal I mean CA's shield (or at least another prototype of it) is shown in the first Iron Man as well...

But it didnt look like a shield, it looked like a plastic toy or something.

Well clearly that was one of the very early prototypes...

I love all the stuff they hide in the movies.

Not sure about that Brock but Hammer seems rather a dumb figure to include in the Ten rings.

I think Hammer will have ties with Mandarin in IM3, probably the reason that he wasn't killed.

this one could very well be a stretch but i figured id register just to post it anyway since i havent seen it yet

ii remember reading this board after the incredible hulk came out and all the talk of thunder and such during the fight at the college and just like most people i blew it off as being nothing to do with thor. but during the scene at hte monoco grand prix when whiplash attacks iron man i swear i heard some thunder in the background.....but i could be wrong and it could be nothing. did anyone else notice this or am i crazy?

Not really, it looks plastic and is hanging together. In fact I don't think it was Cap's shield but was actually a prototype designed by Howard Stark.

Of course it was. Do you really think that [blackout] they had that kind of tech in WWII? Seriously people. [/blackout]

So I know this isn't a easter egg but it made me chuckle. In the end scene we see the Agent's car pull up with the plate that says "New Mexico: Land of Enchantment" I lol'd! Also one of my friends thinks that Thor actually appears in the film. During the scene where we see Ivan in jail the camera pans down the cells and we see a tall bearded man getting his picture taken.. thor?

I heard that was orignally his cameo. No BS. and It looked a tad like hemsworth imo

This whole shield debate will soon turn into the "Did Joker mouth 6 or 10" debacle.

Its plainly obvious that Cap's shield was a prototype in the most earliest stages.

Hey just watched the first Iron Man and noticed the Roxxon Corp. building behind Iron Monger when he launches the missile at the bus. Does any one know if it is mentioned in IM2. In the comics it is responsible for many a super villain. Its a nice easter egg in the first one just curious if it pops in the 2nd one at all

Hm, I never noticed Roxxon being in the first film. I did notice that Roxxon had a racecar represented in Monaco. I thought that was a nice touch. Nice user name, btw. :cwink:

I must not have been paying attention when they showed the map of super human activity. I will have to watch the movie again. Darn. :csad: :D

So did anyone pay attention if Chris Hemsworth was in the jail scene because the transition was like a flash from the camera?

Could the one place on the map that is in Europe be Dr. Doom's country of Latveria? I figure if Marvel can get Doom away from Fox and adapt him to be the incredible villain we all know him to be, he could easily fit into the larger universe....

So did anyone pay attention if Chris Hemsworth was in the jail scene because the transition was like a flash from the camera?

I heard that was orignally his cameo. No BS. and It looked a tad like hemsworth imo

:doh:

Again I ask...why would Thor be locked up in a Moroccan prison? What possible explaination would they come up with to explain that situation? It makes no sense. And it definitely makes even less sense when you take into account the after credits scene in NEW MEXICO.

I understand people wanted to see Thor in IM2 but come on guys, you're really reaching here...

:dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"