The Flash The Flash, Episode 9: The Man in the Yellow Suit

That was clearly a stunt double. Wells IS Reverse Flash, he stole the tachyon device and did the voice (and when the pitch on the Reverse Flash voice was raised it was clearly Cavanagh), and used time travel to beat himself up, I don't see what's complicated about this. They didn't throw us a hint or a tease at the end, they threw us a full on reveal.

That's what sooo amazing about the reveal. That nobody believes it because it's "too obvious."

That and Thawne not getting killed.

Everything that RF and Wells have done so far (murdering Nora, the particle accelerator, etc.) fall in line with making sure Barry becomes the ultimate Flash because of some personal motive or he's that much of a crazy stalker fanboy.

Last edited:
Just looked at the ep again. The few shots we got of the RF's face looked eerily like Barry's dad.

Noticed this too. Figured it was just a stunt double who seems to have a more athletic build than Wells.

Crazy theory - RF is Eddie's descendant from the future. In the comics, he has plastic surgery to look like Barry. What if this version has surgery to look like Barry's father? That'd be one heck of an unmasking.

Noticed this too. Figured it was just a stunt double who seems to have a more athletic build than Wells.

Crazy theory - RF is Eddie's descendant from the future. In the comics, he has plastic surgery to look like Barry. What if this version has surgery to look like Barry's father? That'd be one heck of an unmasking.

GUYS. GUYS. I FIGURED IT OUT.

Reverse Flash is Barry Allen. Only not THIS Barry Allen. RF is the Barry from the old 1990s Flash TV show. He's pissed because this Flash show is getting good ratings and likely won't get sh**canned after one season, so he crossed the multiverse to take his revenge on the alternate version of himself.

It was all right there in front of our very eyes...

It may have already been touched on, but is that wall Braille? If so, is there any spoilers written in it?

Braille as far as I know has always 6 dots, the wall sometimes has less. I thought off this too when I saw it the first time, but I guess it's not.

Poor Barry. He started to tell Iris how he felt. Stop Barry, stop before it's too late. But, oh no, he saw her reaction and carried on anyway. At least Iris didn't shot him down.

Well is Reverse flash.Thats very clear after last ep.He had the tachyon device,RF suit,and RF voice.

The real mystery is what exactly are his plans?why did he kill Nora?

That was clearly a stunt double. Wells IS Reverse Flash, he stole the tachyon device and did the voice (and when the pitch on the Reverse Flash voice was raised it was clearly Cavanagh), and used time travel to beat himself up, I don't see what's complicated about this. They didn't throw us a hint or a tease at the end, they threw us a full on reveal.
Dude, I know Wells is a Reverse Flash, but it's already clear that there's a future Reverse Flash, because we see him beat up Wells. The Reverse Flash who beat up Barry and Wells isn't the same actor who is paying Wells. That's what I was responding to. Golgo13(love that name, btw) said Reverse Flash looks like Barry's dad, I said, it can't be him or present day Wells(Tom Cavanagh), because there's been some on-set pics. Now, could that just be a stunt guy? Sure, but at the same time, I don't think the actor playing Wells was actually ever filmed in the Reverse Flash suit. And I still don't think it's a stunt guy, unless they got a stunt guy just for Reverse Flash and not Gustin, cause Gustin is clearly in those pics.

Unless theshape can prove otherwise, but I haven't seen any "clear" pics of Tom Cavanagh in the actual suit on the show. I think it's a different actor for the future Reverse Flash. And yes, we all know Tom Cavanagh is Reverse Flash for the present day. Goddamn time travel always gotta make things complicated. :hehe:

Last edited:
ok i got this... wells is reverse flash or at least one of them i believe wells is really bart allen.... think about it he protects the flash and wants him to be stronger... and if he pretends to be reverse flash he could give barry the push he needs to be better... or barry disappearing in the redsky crisis made him crazy and became the reverse flash in to make himself stronger to stop it at any means necessary.

Just throwing this out there. What if Reverse Flash is a younger version of Wells?

If wells isnt Future reverse flash?how did he get the tacyon device and the suit and why does he have the same voice as reverse flash?

Wells is reverse flash.The RF that beat him up was just a future version of himself

Wells is reverse flash.The RF that beat him up was just a future version of himself

Even if Wells is RF, that doesn't necessarily mean he was being beaten by a future version of himself.

The current Wells may be moving fast enough to appear in two places at once or may be manipulating time (hunter zolomon) so he can appear that way.

In the close-up spy pics, RF can be seen wearing the ring, which is a cool detail. I guess a lot of confusion comes from the fact the RF in the spy pics doesn't look much like Cavanagh, but it's probably just a stunt double. Wells might be the RF but Cavanagh might never have worn the suit since there are no clear face shots in the episode - sort of like bill bixby / lou ferigno (banner became the hulk but bixby didn't play him).

Last edited:
Unless theshape can prove otherwise, but I haven't seen any "clear" pics of Tom Cavanagh in the actual suit on the show. I think it's a different actor for the future Reverse Flash. And yes, we all know Tom Cavanagh is Reverse Flash for the present day. Goddamn time travel always gotta make things complicated. :hehe:

I can't "prove" anything because there was only a stunt double captured in set pics as RF.

But I've watched the episode three times, and there are moments where I can now tell it's Cavanagh in the suit -- even with the vibrating face. Also, if you think it's a different actor playing the future RF, that would mean that there are two Reverse Flash's from different time periods who are working together...which seems highly unlikely.

All I'm saying, is the person who was playing the Reverse Flash was a different actor than Tom Cavanagh or John Wesley Shipp. It wasn't Barry's dad or current Wells in the Reverse Flash suit.

All I'm saying, is the person who was playing the Reverse Flash was a different actor than Tom Cavanagh or John Wesley Shipp. It wasn't Barry's dad or current Wells in the Reverse Flash suit.

Because the only un-blurred shots we have of RF are a stunt double, they didn't need the actor since they dubbed over all the lines with Wells distorted voice and blurred the Reverse Flash's face in those moments, they may well have done that for all the RF scenes.

This is plausible, and my guess is, true.

It doesn't necessarily mean Wells isn't RF or that there are two RFs. It could just be another, temporary actor since the audience can't identify the face due to vibration. The actor's lines could have been dubbed over by Cavanagh.

When RF stops vibrating or removes his mask, it could be Wells.

There are a lot of assumptions about Wells going on. For one I no longer think he's from the future. I think he's a new character that the writers have given parts of the Zolomon storyline to. What i now theorize is RF(Thawne) killed Barry's mom and has been working with Wells from the beginning. Wells told Joe he lost someone close to him. It would make sense that RF sought him out, promised once he was capable that he'd go back in time and save his wife. I don't even believe Wells knows who the RF is.

There are a lot of assumptions about Wells going on. For one I no longer think he's from the future. I think he's a new character that the writers have given parts of the Zolomon storyline to. What i now theorize is RF(Thawne) killed Barry's mom and has been working with Wells from the beginning. Wells told Joe he lost someone close to him. It would make sense that RF sought him out, promised once he was capable that he'd go back in time and save his wife. I don't even believe Wells knows who the RF is.

That wouldn't explain wells having the ring and doing the voice though.

Not to mention, why fake being paralyzed? What purpose does that serve?

That wouldn't explain wells having the ring and doing the voice though.

RF would have given him the ring.The voice however I suspect is part of double cross. I think Wells screwed with the force field to steal his power.

So this isn't true right?

tumblr_ngdl1gTE2k1u1clgwo1_1280.png

http://theflashcwconfessions.tumblr.com/post/104849821682

Are you sure that wasn't Barry's yellow lightning/electricity? Reverse Flashes lightning is red.

Exactly my point, actually; I thought I was clear on that. :funny: If there were in fact two speedsters at the house, the one that took Barry away was in fact... Barry.

Exactly my point, actually; I thought I was clear on that. :funny: If there were in fact two speedsters at the house, the one that took Barry away was in fact... Barry.

That's my thinking as well, ever since the pilot episode.

That's my thinking as well, ever since the pilot episode.

Exactly. Why save Barry (carry him outside the house) but kill the mum? That makes no sense for two evil Flashes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"