The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Honestly, there is very little of Eva's character that resembles her comic counterpart (who is also a guy).

And i wouldn't even call this show's version of Savitar... Savitar.

You need to keep in mind that the writers are only taking pieces from the comics and incorporating them into the tv series....if the series was based strictly on the comics up to this point the whole concept and storylines would be much different.

back stories like zoom, godspeed, even barry an example would be barry getting his speed from a lightning bolt in the lab, and tv show barry getting his speed earlier from thawne so he could get back home sooner from a particle accelerator. which means the writers if they want can change characters gender or costumes or look altogether, while at other times doing a pretty good job staying true to the comics with a bit of a twist, such as barry and the monitors costumes have close similarities to the comics look.

I hope in the end there's an explaination as to why most of all the villain speedsters are more powerful....i get having the experience longer, or stealing speed from others, but even wally coming back and being much more in tune with the speedforce than barry...i also recall an episode back then where a clip of RF acknowledging barry being the most powerful than the rest of us meaning all speedsters I think it may of been around crisis can't remember for sure.

you would think the hero of the show who wants to save people would try to learn more about his powers, but even villains like thawne have more desire to learn about the speedforce, barry should know by now that having a greater knowledge of the speedforce will allow him to access or tap into potentials he may not have yet....maybe the writers are keeping that for the end, the hero who puts in the most work has to be last to be the at the top, I guess I'm ok with that if it happens they could also treat barry like neo from the matrix where at the end he finally becomes one, meaning barry is able to access all his potentials like neo did at the end.

Ultimately, I feel like this show will end up being viewed as (in the long run) wasted potential. There's so much rich content from the comics that the producers could have adapted into this show.

I mean the rogues were perfectly casted in season 1. They could have easily served as the main antagonistic force for an entire season. It was due to lack of foresight and mismanagement that we lost Captain Cold and Heatwave to the Legends. Liam's Weather Wizard was replaced with a less interesting Weather Witch. And why they never used more of Mark Hamilton Trickster is beyond me.

Mirror Master, like Count Vertigo in "Arrow", was twice done wrong for this show. And Grodd is now reformed?

And don't get me started on "Flashpoint". That arc alone was good enough to be used for a crossovwr event.

The second half of this season showed a few cracks in the foundation. It's nothing that can't be rectified, but it highlighted some mistakes that need to be immediately addressed.

Some of the current supporting cast aren't nearly as interesting as Wally or Nora, and their roles need to be scaled back. Moreover, we've been down the road of Barry losing his speed prior to this season, so it hardly seems fresh this time. I hope that this is just a bump in the road of an otherwise stellar show, and not the "jump the shark" moment that leads to the series losing its popularity.

Click through for some old tweets by Hartley Sawyer...

What do these cancel-culture purists hope to achieve by digging up things that people said years ago? You're basically saying that people have to walk on eggshells to make sure they never say anything that the outrage mom will find.

I guess Sawyer was trying to do some edgy humour even though that is really hard to pull off on social media where people can't intonate your tone or context as well as they can in person.

I don’t know why but what’s rather odd to me is the parallels you can draw between the actor and the character of Ralph. They both seem to have been d-bag’s who’ve grown in to better people (im assuming is the case since these tweets all seem to be from between 6 to 9 years ago). However it seems to be the case now that only in fiction do folks get to grow in real life now you just get cancelled.

If the James Gunn/Mike Cernovich situation was any example.

Though Gunn was at least [eventually] rehired.

Makes me wonder if a recast will happen or Ralph just gets removed from the show?

Click through for some old tweets by Hartley Sawyer...

Yikes! I am of many minds when it comes to this....part of me cringes so hard, bye, and is it really worth it for the 1 like he got on each of them? They arent even funny. But the other part of me also "this was almost 10 years ago..." how did no one vet him. Has Eric not had that much interaction to get a sense of who Hartley is now?

The star of the Flash movie is a lot more "problematic" than this supporting actor from the Flash TV show, but one of them will get big bucks for a feature film and the other is unemployed. Hollywood works in mysterious ways.

Unfortunately we live in a society of fads and trends.

The only reason why this action is being taken is because right now publicly the trends of racism is at the forefront of media attention. Therefore to save face, drastic action is being taken to uphold a public persona .

Do I agree with the firing? Nope. I think he should be held accountable for his actions but not like this.

Guaranteed that this probably won't be the last time this happens.

Actors are people too, and sometimes people do and say stupid things. Nobody is perfect. This is another James Gunn incident all over again. Blown outta proportion.

On one hand i agree, i mean where the hell do we end up if we dont let people grow and change as human beings.
Im 100% sure you can find in every persons social media at least 1 rather questionable post, that is how things are...it is impossible to exist in this world and not piss someone off.
I saw his tweets and who the **** thinks about posting such dumb **** in the first place?
Even in bad humour, what he wrote is simply stupid as hell.

We need to be very carefull with this kind of stuff, if we only allow "perfection" then we can start digging holes for each other because not one of us is perfect.
Firing him from the show is imo too much, fine him or make him apologize or so...but have him lose his job over this is way too much imo.
We need to let people grow and change, give them a chance to make up and explain themself.
If he is still like this then fire him for all i care, but if he is a different person then he shouldnt pay the price.

Unfortunately we live in a society of fads and trends.

The only reason why this action is being taken is because right now publicly the trends of racism is at the forefront of media attention. Therefore to save face, drastic action is being taken to uphold a public persona .

Do I agree with the firing? Nope. I think he should be held accountable for his actions but not like this.

Guaranteed that this probably won't be the last time this happens.

The showrunner is a black man, I doubt he'd stand for this regardless.

The star of the Flash movie is a lot more "problematic" than this supporting actor from the Flash TV show, but one of them will get big bucks for a feature film and the other is unemployed. Hollywood works in mysterious ways.

One is an A-list actor who has more to offer while the other one is D-list and is replaceable. But we dont know what will happen with The Flash movie yet. Has to actually make it past the script phase.

Yikes! I am of many minds when it comes to this....part of me cringes so hard, bye, and is it really worth it for the 1 like he got on each of them? They arent even funny. But the other part of me also "this was almost 10 years ago..." how did no one vet him. Has Eric not had that much interaction to get a sense of who Hartley is now?
Maybe whoever they hire to look into their backgrounds isn’t all that great (if they actually do hire anyone).

As old as it may be, it’s a bit a good look. Especially at a time like this. So letting him go is the most logical option when look at the CW Flash brand and how integral Ralph is (or not).

One thing that actors tend to forget is that they are in the spotlight and image is everything in Hollywood. Jobs look at social media ALL THE TIME nowadays and it can jeopardize their jobs so it shouldn't be any different for them. His tweets could get him fired from a normal job. Was also stupid of him not to go back and at least delete them once he got hired for The Flash.

I can’t help but think they’ve reacted unfairly. As stupid as his comments were, I kinda feel sorry for the guy. This is a prime example of the toxicity that is social media. Your past can be dug up and used against you.

In the new world that we've been living in for the past 5 years like....you should conduct yourself in a certain manor...especially when its something so public and isnt behind a username. Nowadays the amount of followers you have could cost you the job.

One is an A-list actor who has more to offer while the other one is D-list and is replaceable. But we dont know what will happen with The Flash movie yet. Has to actually make it past the script phase.
A-lister is stretching it considering he was just in two big under-performers back-to-back

I was not expecting that today.

A-lister is stretching it considering he was just in two big under-performers back-to-back

Show me the amount of A-list actors who havent under performers. It is more than just your box office that can define your status.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"