The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Sounds like Sawyer went through an Incel period

Some of those Shippers are crazy. These 'fans' are way too invested in fictional characters relationships

The supporting cast was getting too big anyway. Allegra and Chester are becoming series regulars next season. Cisco and Caitlin felt more like semi-regular guest stars in the second half of the previous season. It feels like Allegra and Chester are being set up as their replacements in case they leave.

It could have been worse.
Imagine the chaos that we would all be looking at if all of these nasty tweets were FROM GRANT!

The jokes don't translate at all because they're unfunny and just flat out stupid.
That's kinda what I meant as those "jokes" don't work online as they come across as dumb and insensitive by either someone that don't like that kind of humor or by someone who actually think he's serious. Besides its all subjective as there are people out there that think his tweets are actually funny (I don't think they're funny but I'm playing devils advocate)

Danielle has never said anything as bad as Hartley. It's hardly the same imo. Of course we'll never know if she'd have the same respect for WestAllen if the actress were white but it's also the same thing that happened on Arrow with Olicity fans vs. Lauriver fans.
Its important to note that these are just rumors made up by the WestAllen fans to make Danielle Panabaker look bad and unlike with Hartley Sawyer there's no actual evidence that Danielle is a racist. They can dislike her for whatever petty reasons but accusing her of being a racist is a step too far as there's no proof.

Last edited:
We going to see less of this if actors be more smart about this and delete their old tweets.
Not really. Who in their right mind is going to remember a bunch of jokes they posted on social media ten years ago? Least then expect someone else to go back and find them.

Sometimes I see memories from my Facebook and I often think to myself why on earth did you write that. Wasn’t racist, just random, pointless or stupid, and yet it’s all stuff I’d forgotten about until Facebook reminded me.

I’m surprised Hartley has been denounced by Gustin and has had no support from the flash cast, I always thought they all god along quite nicely, but then I suppose if you factor in some of the flash cast are black, that’s gotta’ be a factor here.

Old jokes or not, there’s going to be a certain amount of tension on set if they all continued to work together if Hartley made racist comments..

There's also the possibility that he hasn't grown all that much in the intervening years and maybe these tweets weren't the only examples of this behavior that the cast is aware of.

I’m surprised Hartley has been denounced by Gustin and has had no support from the flash cast, I always thought they all god along quite nicely, but then I suppose if you factor in some of the flash cast are black, that’s gotta’ be a factor here.

Old jokes or not, there’s going to be a certain amount of tension on set if they all continued to work together if Hartley made racist comments..
I'm not surprised by Grant Grant reaction to this as he's really been passionate about police brutality and he has used his platform to educate his fans on the plight of African Americans. Also he's the lead of the show so naturally he will back the showrunner''s decision and that he's speaking for everyone on The Flash that they all don't condone Hartley's tweets.

In the Arrowverse you can be a murder/Thief etc and be told you can redeemed and change for the better but in the real world you post some tweets years ago and are fired immediately.

In the Arrowverse you can be a murder/Thief etc and be told you can redeemed and change for the better but in the real world you post some tweets years ago and are fired immediately.

In the Arrowverse? How about in most of television? It's fiction for a reason.

I guess theres a possibility he still acted a-little bit in line with these tweets still on set? If not and he was nice and they all got along then its kind of messed up nobody went to bat for him.

My main regret with Hartley Sawyer being fired is that it makes me wonder if they'll continue the Sue Dearbon storyline. I like Natalie Dreyfuss and wouldn't mind her being a regular over many others. If there's no Elongated Man, will they abandon that storyline?

Unless they can find a way to work her in regardless of him.

Grant was simply re-posting the message that the showrunner, Eric Wallace, had made.

The Hartley news is very disappointing because not only do I like the actor and thought he was a very chill and unproblematic nice dude, I also quite like his character and was looking forward to his arc with Sue. I think they made the right call though as I can only imagine how it must've felt to the cast especially since they have a good number of POCs. I hope he learns and grows from this.

As for the Candace thing, it's quite obvious that a huge part of the unwarranted vitriol thrown at her by the toxic fandom has racist undertones. However, I read through the DP is a racist Twitter thread and honestly, I think it's reaching too much. DP could very well be a racist ***** but there's nothing in that thread that suggests that. At the very worst, you can argue that she's angling to 'overthrow' Candace as the female lead and be part of the bigger ship (kinda like how Felicity became the female lead and one half of the primary ship) but even that is reaching and even if she was, then that just makes her like an ambitious and cutthroat ***** which is what 90% of Hollywood is anyway.

It's a shame if they have to cut Natalie Dreyfuss loose too just because of something her future on-screen love interest did years ago. Why should she suffer too?

That's kinda what I meant as those "jokes" don't work online as they come across as dumb and insensitive by either someone that don't like that kind of humor or by someone who actually think he's serious. Besides its all subjective as there are people out there that think his tweets are actually funny (I don't think they're funny but I'm playing devils advocate)

Only seriously ****ed up people would laugh at those "jokes".

In the Arrowverse? How about in most of television? It's fiction for a reason.
Why should fiction be the only place where people practice the godly understanding of things with compassion, mercy and forgiveness? Over something like wrong tweets made years ago?
There's also the possibility that he hasn't grown all that much in the intervening years and maybe these tweets weren't the only examples of this behavior that the cast is aware of.
If he's actually acted this way, why wait till now to fire him?

The supporting cast was getting too big anyway. Allegra and Chester are becoming series regulars next season. Cisco and Caitlin felt more like semi-regular guest stars in the second half of the previous season. It feels like Allegra and Chester are being set up as their replacements in case they leave.
That makes sense as I'm sure the OG cast signed a 7 season contract as Grant Gustin revealed that was the case for him so it's possible that Carlos Valdes or Danielle Panabaker could decide to not renew their contracts which sucks as I don't care for either Allegra or Chester.

I hated the Ralph character from the get-go. This is a blessing for me.

Don't recast the character. Don't replace the character with another similarly annoying comic relief teammate. Let Ralph go quietly into the night and move on.

If he's actually acted this way, why wait till now to fire him?
Because that’s how Hollywood rolls. People can be a-holes their entire career without suffering consequences, and many in Hollywood do, but sometimes one good public callout is all it takes for it all to come back and haunt them. “Public” being the operative word, because that’s what it takes in this business, as it’s a business of optics. I mean, look at what’s happened with Lea Michele recently - she got away with that ****ty behavior for years. It was apparently very well known, too. But she didn’t lose a gig over it ‘til she got called out in public.

I hated the Ralph character from the get-go. This is a blessing for me.

Don't recast the character. Don't replace the character with another similarly annoying comic relief teammate. Let Ralph go quietly into the night and move on.

Well you might hate the character, but I liked Sue. I would like them to find some way to work her into the series. Natalie Dreyfuss is far more interesting than the likes of Chester or Allegra, or even many of the regulars.

I think though she might not be established enough to continue. But why should Natalie have to suffer losing a role just because a character connected to it is played by an actor who gets himself fired?

I wonder what they going to do with Sue and whether they will continue her story on The Flash without Ralph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"