The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by Thread Manager, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

2. NotNickFury Registered

Recasting just to send him off- even with a potential to come back- sounds like when Johnny Cage was recast in Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, only to die in that film's opening. Still, at least they're doing something else with Ralph, rather than the character just being relegated off-screen.

3. WhoMani Registered

I appreciate that they didn't take the easy option by killing off Ralph offscreen. At least he will get some closure and that they left the door open for him to return.

4. geetard Rebirth

5. NotGoodAtNames Registered

I really don't understand why. Sue was brought in just for Ralph's story. When he is written out, she should be too. They're really gonna force her with the other characters. I can't see why storywise Sue would interact with the team.

6. Pennywise Registered

7. Pennywise Registered

'The Flash' boss: Joe 'rises up' in season 7 story inspired by recent 'societal changes'

8. NotNickFury Registered

Topical storyline based on current events, huh? Good Lord.

Well, hopefully they don't beat us over the head with messages or be as on-the-nose as Supergirl always is when it tackles things based on real-world parallels. The recent Dreamer-centered episode comes to mind.

Prison Mike and Speed Force like this.
  9. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Are we going to get other topical storylines like Team Flash being stuck in quarantine or lockdown?

DCnightwing23 likes this.
  10. DCnightwing23 Registered

Please no... as someone who has to painfully sit there and watch Hulu's ads for Love in The Time of Corona while trying to watch Seinfeld... just.. no. Please.

Prison Mike and Milk Tray Guy like this.
  11. batdude Registered

Well I can see potential for an actual story there, Supergirl tends to forget you need to tell a story with the cause and forget that SUPERGIRL IS THE LEAD CHARACTER. Flash has'nt done that.

12. Pennywise Registered

13. Pennywise Registered

14. Pennywise Registered

15. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

The article has quite a few theories, but none of which imply that this Jay Garrick is simply from another (new) Earth. We know there's a new multiverse out there, one that includes Stargirl, so why not another Earth with Jay Garrick too?

16. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

If he's coming back then they might as well integrate him into the Prime history of being the original Flash.

Flash525 and Pennywise like this.
  17. fan4stic Registered

That, plus Dinah, Laurel and Sara's mom, being the first Black Canary, Jay Garrick and her apart of the Justice Society (a combination of Earth Three and Earth 1's structures), E1 Laurel (and E2 Laurel) being alive, among other things, were in the Crisis On Infinite Earths Basic Outline Re-do I posted on here:

How would you have liked Crisis On Infinite Earths be done?

18. Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

I'm in severe Flash withdrawal. The leaves are starting to change, and it seems like there should be new episodes in my DVR each week. Fall just isn't the same without the Scarlet Speedster. :(

Pennywise likes this.
  19. legendkillin Registered

I wish they decided to end the last season, I guess Supernatural is only doing to because the series is ending. The last season of Flash had no actual end so I wonder how they will do next season.

20. herolee10 No More Miracles

If I were placed in charge, my first order of business would be to write out most of the "Team Flash" from the show.

I was re-watching some footage from Arrow's first season and I had forgotten on how competent Oliver used to be on his own. The same goes with Barry where he was a lot more useful when the group was at its smallest. I wish that this show would catch its second breath like Arrow did in Season 5.

"Black Hole" also needs a total revamp. Seriously, they feel like a villainous group that I'd see from "Lois and Clark".

Primal Slayer likes this.
  21. legendkillin Registered

That is kind of the CW formula. Start off focusing on the main hero, then they add like 5 or more to the group. The hero also has to tell everyone their secret identity.

22. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I wish they would bring the cast down to a smaller number as well. Or at least branch out of the lab in Starlabs...like it is a giant building and we see like 2 rooms..dont people work there? Is it just collecting dust? Plenty of story potential that is thrown to the side.

23. herolee10 No More Miracles

I still find it pretty ridiculous that Barry and Team Flash are the ONLY regulars that visit Star Labs. No mentions of other employees, let alone janitorial services.

Unless I'm mistaken, Eobard Thawne (as Harrison Wells) entrusted Barry with the full ownership of Star Labs. However, that still doesn't answer on where Barry receives the constant funding that he would need to continue operations on a daily basis.

Star Labs, much like the usage of Tom Cavanagh, has become an recurring plot device. There's no real logic behind it. You could have easily eliminated all of these plot holes by having Barry find new management for Star Labs.

Once Star Labs receives a new management, then you could have Team Flash carry their operations at a smaller facility/base of operations.

Also, Black Hole should have been presented as the DCTV's equivalent of A.I.M. (aka legitimate threats with advanced technology).

Primal Slayer likes this.
  24. Pennywise Registered