The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

I wonder how much longer until they fire Danielle Panabaker. They clearly are phasing her out.

I really hate Cecile. I'm sure she'll hog even more airtime now than she did last season.

why do you think this about Danielle?

Wally always annoyed me. 50/50 blame goes to the writing and the lackluster acting from the Aussie.

why do you think this about Danielle?
I'd imagine because she hasn't really done much as of late. How much screen time (worthwhile screen time) did she have in the second half of this season?

They are not getting rid of Danielle. Her screentime in the 2nd half of the season was fine. She didn't turn into a background character, they introduced a brand new storyline for her.

Saw that coming. Really hope this means we’re finally past all the lame pep talks.

Good to see Ralph is back.
Now they need to hire a Native American actress to play Sue.
I know she is white in the comics but these change colors all the time.
About time a Native American got regular exposure on one these shows.

The Elongated Man gets the Elongated Stay.

Sorry, that was my only chance to do that.

https://tvline.com/2018/06/15/flash-season-5-hartley-sawyer-series-regular-ralph-elongated-man/

I've only just watched "Subject 9" and spoilers lie this are something I'd normally avoid but I'm glad to here this.

Ralph is a fun character and Sawyer is doing a good job so glad he isn't getting shuffled off. However, does anyone else think he and Gustin look too much alike? Even their hair is the same. :oldrazz:

I'm hoping (as I do each summer) that next The Flash, Arrow and Supergirl stop relying so heavily on the support teams and those team mates each gets solo episodes of the characters.

No real surprise here, but Jessica Parker Kennedy (I keep wanting to say Sarah Jessica Parker), who plays Nora West-Allen, has been bumped up to a series regular for next season.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/06/18/the-flash-mystery-girl-jessica-parker-kennedy-series-regular-season-5/

The Flash‘s former Mystery Girl isn’t rushing back to the future any time soon!

EW has learned that Jessica Parker Kennedy, who plays Barry and Iris’ daughter from the future Nora West-Allen, has been promoted to series regular for the superhero drama’s fifth season.

No real surprise here, but Jessica Parker Kennedy (I keep wanting to say Sarah Jessica Parker), who plays Nora West-Allen, has been bumped up to a series regular for next season.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/06/18/the-flash-mystery-girl-jessica-parker-kennedy-series-regular-season-5/
I'm happy about this - casting and character, however surely the reason she's back here is to do with the upcoming villain, and she'll likely return home (to the future) once next season wraps.

I don't know, s3 was great!

finally getting caught up on s4. Awesome so far.

I still don't think a movie series could ever top this show. They cracked the code. The cast just has so much chemistry. The only thing they can improve on IMO is the budget. Ezra is just such an inferior Barry. Not right for the role at all. Maybe, he's the superior actor (that's what people say, i don't know if I buy it), but just because he'ss a

they keep adding more and more characters as regulars. Can't some of them be recurring characters? They don't need to all be onscreen if all they do is have 5 lines.

Not all will necessarily be in every single episode. I wouldnt be surprised if the newbies all get 13ish episodes.

they keep adding more and more characters as regulars. Can't some of them be recurring characters? They don't need to all be onscreen if all they do is have 5 lines.
Like Iris?

:sly:

Anyone else think the writers are getting really lazy with each episodes? I get that there is a time frame with each episode but most of them are just BLEH...

Anyone else think the writers are getting really lazy with each episodes? I get that there is a time frame with each episode but most of them are just BLEH...

I haven't disliked any episodes in this series (except the musical ones), but the season-long arcs for the villains handicap certain episodes. With 23 episodes each season, we know that Big Baddie X isn't going to be beaten in episode 5 or 15. That bleeds the energy from some of the stakes. As others have mentioned, CW should encourage the Arrowverse writers to have the heroes deal with smaller arcs and different villains within a single season.

Arrow kinda did with Cayden James and Ricardo Diaz this past season.

any ideas what the 100th episode may cover? It needs to be something special

I don't know. I thought Arrow's was wasted on not being an event and just being a part of the crossover and being a reminder of the characters who were killed off.

I didn't expect them to make the wedding apart of the crossover either and it's not what I would've done, but Flash is clearly treated as the favorite child in the CW-verse crossovers (1st was Barry's anger issues and Barry teaching Oliver to not torture, 2nd was based on characters Flash introduced, 3rd revolved around Barry's flashpoint mistake, 4th was wedding), so I guess it makes sense for them that they'd make the Barry-Iris wedding a central focus.

I don't know. I thought Arrow's was wasted on not being an event and just being a part of the crossover and being a reminder of the characters who were killed off.

I did like that Perchance to Dream/For the Man Who Has Everything feel though.

I wish they would just have the crossover occur on a different episode number for the shows this coming season, Arrow's 100th overlapping with the crossover detracted from both the crossover and the 100th episode. I'd like them to just avoid that issue. I'm glad Supergirl won't have to worry about their 100th overlapping with the crossover since the first two seasons were shorter than the Flash and Arrow's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"