The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 8

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by Thread Manager, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herolee10 No More Miracles

Given how the show likes to modify canon powers, they could always establish that Mirror Master's ability to travel between dimensions through means of using mirrors also grants him the ability to see different timelines and Earth's, which would relate to what's going on in this universe.

2. zenith16 Registered

seeing that barry just knock eobard thawne out while saving his parents. he'll still have to deal with him and time wraiths at the start of the season. so.... those are the villains. or in a sense in twisted way barry is the villain atthe start since he messed withthe time line he may even have time masters after him as well. oh my.

3. Marvel Knight Registered

Tom C. as Eobard was what really elevated the series though.

After Zoom being such a lame villain, show needs Cavanagh to kill it again with more amazing performances.

Plus Eobard has to play a role in Flashpoint Paradox.

4. Speed Force Goober

That's your opinion. I personally enjoyed Zoom.

5. Kyle Registered

I could see that, him getting a sick pleasure out of seeing the hell Barry created. Watching everything unfold. That would make Barry think he's behind it somehow. Plus, that is basically the same role reverse flash played in the comic.

6. Speed Force Goober

7. Marvel Knight Registered

Lol. Even after the time remnant nonsense, and his silly 'I want to be the fastest' motivations?

Even the performance by Sears was really dry. That guy doesn't have the range to portray a villain.

You have to at least agree that it wasn't an improvement over Tom's performance.

Even in his brief appearance this season, he gave us more menace as Eobard than we ever got from Teddy Sears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXU3r8DYG8I

8. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

Now I'm not too well versed in the Flash mythos, but realistically, even if they were doing Flashpoint, it wouldn't fix things for good, right? I'd imagine that at some point we would return to the status quo.

9. zenith16 Registered

yeah that's not what gonna happen seeing that barry save his parents it'll be the other actor that played eobard. not tom Cavanagh as show inthe show eobard didn't take earth 1 dr. wells face til after he killed barry's mother and framed Henry. so we'll have reverse flash eobard but it's won't be Tom Cavanagh.

it'll and should allow the other actor that play revers flash eobard thawn to show more of his acting chop if the script good enough and we'll see if he's an good an actor as tom Cavanagh which has been in doubt til now cause most of his stints were too short.

yep or semi close to it. let's hope he doesn't some how reverse piped piper turning good.

10. Speed Force Goober

I'll agree that it wasn't and the scene between Thawne/Wells and Barry was a highlight of the season, but you're also discounting Tony Todd's performance and I thought Zoom was pretty scary. Especially before the reveal.

11. Kyle Registered

Yes.

If they keep this all tied to Flash, one interesting thing I just realized... it would be nice to see Oliver's dad be the Green Arrow and leaving that note for Oliver at the end (basically trading out Bruce's arc and putting Oliver's family in that place).

12. Marvel Knight Registered

Tony's voicework was great, I agree.

But it all got ruined by Sears being revealed as Zoom.

I'm a big fan of Todd. I think it would have been amazing if he got to actually play the villain. Oh well.

13. Marvel Knight Registered

Funny, Oliver's Dad is the Green Arrow of Earth 2.

And Barry's Dad is now their Flash... at least until he can get to Earth 3.

14. Kyle Registered

Sorry for the confusion, if there was any... or might have forgot if they set that up somehow..

In Flashpoint Paradox, Thomas Wayne becomes Batman and Bruce Wayne died that night. Green Arrow and Batman already share many similarities, so I can see this being a very easy change to make. If they keep Flashpoint Paradox strictly IN The Flash, that would be one very easy way to include Arrow's universe in it without needing Arrow's cast.

15. zenith16 Registered

I don't think he henry. he say's he's jay Garrick and it's not an alias for him any way. the only thing I do agree about is he looks like henry and he's from earth 3

and even though alot of people( fan base wise) are assuming jay's a doppelganger .... they really didn't say that in the show. he didn't say he has son that looks like barry or he related any called allen.

they paneled over to Barry's break down and he was so bothered that he went and changed time.

some particulars were just glazed over to a certain degree.

the difference is that was for earth two oliver and his dad while in flash point it was the same time line that barry came from where batman's dad became the dark night in his place with out there being the multiverse.

olivers dad being the green arrow isn't related to the time line of earth 1 it's current day in an alternate reality.

that 's the major difference here between the two thomas Wayne being batman via time travel and olivers dad becoming the green arrow which is in another earth/ reality where they made different chose's in their personal life's paths .

#40 zenith16, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
  16. Kyle Registered

My whole notion is just basically using the arc, potentially. I'd like them to do more than that. But, it would be a very easy way to do a contained version of Flashpoint if they go that route to include Arrow's world in the Flash. Plus, I think it would have a similar emotional payoff.

17. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I don't think Hunter was supposed to be menacing when his mask is off. Just crazy.

18. EssayM Just A Guy

Yeah, Zoom was way scarier with that mask and Tony Todd's voice. Once he was unmasked...he was alright, but a lot of the menace was gone. Teddy Sears did fine as Jay Garrick, but they needed to push him a lot more if they wanted him to be serial-killer creepy like Thawne was. He's just too good-looking and charming; it's like having Chris Evans play the Joker. Still, he did give it a valiant try.

19. Legendver2 Smokin' Sexy Style!

Seeing as what DCTV has announced in terms of their shows next season, there are a few small clues to what might happen. This whole Flashpoint timeline would be assumed to affect shows across the CW, but as someone said, they can easily have a self contained arc with Ollie's dad, etc.

But then that becomes an issue when the time comes for the annual Flash/Arrow crossover. Granted if Arrow continues on its on time, and Flash is Flashpoint, there's no way the two will crossover. But then it was announced earlier this month that there will be a super-crossover of Flash, Arrow, LOT, and Supergirl. That might actually be the (multi-part?) episode that Flashpoint gets resolved.

Keep in mind, Flashpoint, if it's anything like the comics, would bring back RF as the villain AGAIN. And this time it will probably be full Eobard Thawne, not Harrison/Thawne. I'm not sure of the idea of another speedster being the big bad, let alone a repeat big bad, is a good one. And chances are I doubt CW would spend the budget to recreate another show (Arrow) from the ground up to match the Flash's consequences. Although this does give writers and producers a golden opportunity to retcon the entire CW and get rid of things fans don't like (Laurel's death, Olicity, etc.) and bring back things they did like (Laurel alive being the one true BC) as well as merge Supergirl into CW-verse. And characters in LOT can be unaffected, since they're pretty much independent from the timestream at this point, unless the writers choose to (bring Snart back). Will the CW have the balls to do it? Only time will tell.

20. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

I am curious to see just how long the Flashpoint timeline itself will last, will it be a two or three parter? half the season? or heck they could easily do a full season with the story, really hope we see the ramifications of this on the other shows, even if it's kept to subtle changes.

#45 KillerMcQueen, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
  21. Kyle Registered

Yes and no. It depends on how much time Flashpoint takes. While a legendary and classic arc, the in-universe timeline isn't that long. I always see it as one episode is typically one week. Thus, four to five episodes would already be longer than Flashpoint was (in Flash's story only, which always struck me as only being a week to a couple of days). Why I would love to see it effect all shows. They can build it up as an event, it would be an amazing change of pace, plus it's easy combining all of this into a one month epic arc.

22. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

23. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

Wish Jay's costume had just been a more vibrant version of Zolomon's. The type of jacket Zolomon used was perfect for Jay's costume.

#48 KillerMcQueen, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
  24. Legendver2 Smokin' Sexy Style!

Man, if they restore the OG timeline to kill the WestAllen ship, that would be disappointing, since I think that's essentially what happened in the comics. It's like DC's version of One More Day/Brand New Day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.