The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 8

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by Thread Manager, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legendver2 Smokin' Sexy Style!

I just realized that Zoom's plan is basically the same as Owlman's plan in the animated Crisis on Two Earths.

2. zenith16 Registered

ok I got this from CBR

[​IMG]"THE FLASH" RECAP: BARRY MAKES A DECISION THAT COULD CHANGE THE SERIES FOREVER

In the season two finale of "The Flash," Barry must race Zoom to protect the lives of his family and prevent the destruction of the multiverse.

3. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

If we don't get a Flashpoint Paradox for season 3, we may likely get the original timeline instead of the first season timeline.

For Flashpoint to happen, Arrow would have to be affected and we may have to watch their finale to see if there are any changes in their show.

4. Kyle Registered

'Arrow' can change drastically in 'Flash' while not changing 'Arrow' series

5. herolee10 No More Miracles

That would require some careful planning because the events of Flash and Arrow takes place during the same time, thus it may be somewhat confusing and counterproductive to have Arrow air Season 5, where the events of its show still remains intact (unaffected by Barry's time travel), while having Arrow shown in Season 3 of Flash and showing things going all out of control.

6. Legendver2 Smokin' Sexy Style!

It feels kinda lame if they keep bringing back Tom Cavanagh, but he keeps playing a new version of Harrison Wells, so they have to rebuild that relationship yet AGAIN. Gets kinda old -_-

7. herolee10 No More Miracles

True, though they could always go about it where (in the new timeline) he already has an existing relationship with some of the members of Team Flash and it's just Barry that he has to build, yet another, relationship with.

8. Kyle Registered

No. Not at all. Not even in the slightest.

Having 'Arrow' be impacted would make it a lot more complicated. On 'Flash' it would just be seen as Barry having a Back To The Future 2 experience or going to another Earth that looks like Freddy Kreuger designed it.

Showing an alternate 'Arrow' world on 'Flash' that isn't connected to 'Arrow' series would be the simplest option, thus hopefully they go the TVUniverse route since they have that option to go big. 'Arrow' already did this through showing a completely different alternate future in Legends of Tomorrow, it would basically be the exact same thing if they did a contained 'Flashpoint.'

9. Joined:
    Nov 20, 2009
    What if the 4 show crossover that they are going to do is DCTV's version of Flashpoint?

10. herolee10 No More Miracles

But in the case of "Legends of Tomorrow", the future shown there was presented as an "potential future", one that was not set in stone. Plus, it took place 30 years into the future.

Whereas in the case of the "Flash", it's been established that any changes that Barry makes in the past will result in changes being made to the present. Not as an alternate present/future, but as the new and current one.

It wouldn't make sense for Arrow Season 5 to go about things as though nothing was different unless Barry's travel into the past wasn't an regular one.

11. Astro13Zombie Registered

:hmm

12. Kyle Registered

Take the fan seat back and look at basic common sense logistics. You have viewers of Arrow, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow who have never seen an episode of The Flash tv series. You are talking about multiple different teams of writers striving to achieve a consistency that keeps in line with one another. Now you're talking about throwing a lot of viewers into the dark and trying to make sure everyone is juggling their plates correctly.

And you are saying that all of that is EASY over having Flash alter his own timeline then like in the comics go back in time to re-alter the past so that nothing in the present changes (so that Arrow's timeline doesn't change). This isn't changing one thing then leaving it changed. This is saving a life then going back in time to not save that life thus you don't need any changes to that. By it's very nature it's contained and cyclical.

Hey, Flashpoint is my favorite comic book arc. I want this to be across multiple shows, hell I'd even love Gotham to be involved. But it is a joke in saying that altering all DCUTV shows is the "easy" route when it's the one that logistically requires the most work to pull off especially given the timeline doesn't need to in any way permanently change (meaning it's more or less a temporary tsunami for each show and a storm of the century to Make work). It would be the other shows bending to fulfill the promise of one show. Which I would love to see happen but anyone knowing logistics knows it is the more complicated option due to split viewership and especially split teams. This isn't talking what would be the coolest from a story point, it's what would be the easiest and hardest route to actually accomplish with split teams and split viewership.

From a fan point, altering all shows would be the best route. It's the route I want. But also knowing logistics, I know it's the hardest route to pull off weekly.

#62 Kyle, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
  13. herolee10 No More Miracles

Well I was actually thinking that one potential way that they could go about doing this is by having the events of Arrow Season 4 take place at a much later date. So assuming if Barry were able to, once again, change the timeline back to the way it was after whatever disaster falls upon him as a result of the Flashpoint Paradox before the midseason finale....then they could just say that the start of Season 5 for Arrow takes place after that event.

14. Kyle Registered

The thing with Flashpoint that makes it easy is it's cyclical. Flash changing the timeline before altered things because what he changed was kept. Here, Flash changes the timeline but later goes back to take it back. While in the comics it may have left impacts, I personally had no idea since I read it years after the New 52 started (and the animated adaptation does it that way as well - no lasting changes). Thus, it's very easy to explain why Arrow wasn't altered - because although Flash altered the timeline, it was temporary since he went back in time to take back the change he made which is what makes it easily contained: changing the timeline only temporarily before reverting it back.

Again, it is the cheapest option and easiest way out so I hope they don't go with it but thanks to the cyclical nature of Flashpoint it easily lends itself to being contained (because Barry undoes changing the timeline, thus there doesn't need to be any lasting changes to the show worlds outside of Barry being personally effected).

#64 Kyle, May 25, 2016
  15. Reek _____

flashpoint or not... that ending was stupid.

Yay now we can start fresh and pretend the past 2 seasons didn't even happen!

16. Kyle Registered

Flash changes the timeline back after changing it, that's the whole arc and journey of Flashpoint. So it's like BTTF2 or It's A Wonderful Life. It's not starting over at all. It's a temporary nightmare that the Flash fixes to get back to the world we've spent the last 2 years in.

17. Reek _____

it seems more tiring than anything lol

18. Kyle Registered

To you, maybe. Not the majority of Flash and DC fans not at all since Flashpoint is one of the best known DC arcs that many have waited a long time to see adapted.

Bottom line is, you don't need to fear of having to start from scratch because the change isn't permanent. It's here to basically serve a story point showing Flash that although both of his parents are dead, what he has is still a lot to be more than thankful for.

19. Reek _____

I like flashpoint.

but the fact that supergirl and the **** that is Arrow will be involved... meh.

...and both his parents aren't dead anymore :o

20. Kyle Registered

As said, to you. Vast majority here have shown excitement over seeing these properties get effected in one way or another. I'm pretty sure since the show ended you're the only one to not be excited to see how they handle the DCTVU Flashpoint on here.

21. Reek _____

Salty?

I can have an opinion without someone getting pissy. lmao.

Not a fan of supergirl or Arrow (anymore as this is the last season i will watch)

But go on.. cry about it.. the tears are tasty.

edit: "I'm the only one who isn't excited about the DCTVU Flashpoint..." when a ton of people have turned on Arrow and hate Supergirl. :lmao:

#71 Reek, May 25, 2016
  22. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

I have to admit I'm a little bit apprehensive over the way the season ended... The ramifications are huge and it's too easy for them to **** it all up. Plus, are Arrow & Legends next season going to show the effects of this or is it only going to be visible on Flash? How bad will the rabid portion of the collective fanbases ***** & whinge when they don't bring certain characters back or break up certain pairings?

Too many questions, too little answers ATM....

23. Marvel Knight Registered

I feel like the ideal time to do Flashpoint Paradox was last season during the finale.

Barry going back and changing things now just seems like a step backwards in development for the character.

I liked that he responsibly made the choice to let Nora die last season in order to protect the timeline.

24. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

Doing it now makes way more sense creatively.

If they had done it last season, it would have been too predictable. Everyone would have said "I know where they are going with this." But they didn't, which generated some true intrigue as to where they were going with this vortex thing.

By doing it now, it's strong character development because it shows that Barry is just out of it. His Father's death just made him snap, and even though he didn't kill Zoom or Thawne, he is still in a really dark place, and it shows that he'd rather have his parents back, then everyone else. So it gives them a new dynamic to work with.

25. Marvel Knight Registered

It shows him making mistakes that he should be above at this point. Him doing this last season would have been more organic with the rookie he was.

At this point, he knows the consequences of screwing with the timeline, but is doing it anyway for selfish reasons. Reminds me of Smallville when Clark kept making the same childish mistakes over and over again, I suppose to make him more relatable to the CW audience.

That being said, I get why they did this for the sake of it being an end of season 'twist.'

The best payoff this could have is to bring Tom Cavanaugh/RF back into the fold. His presence was missed this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.