The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 9

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by Thread Manager, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zenith16 Registered

yeah well the thing when they introduce him and he helped sam they made it in sense and it didn't occur to them that he should be especially since the actor isn't doing any thing big but that really should have been addressed by now actally way before that. which is what I mean by caliber

Anyway we're in agreement about that show[BLACKOUT]sucking part since that point which was why I dropped it I used to always know when a show was going down hill and once it does me and it are through with each other. [/BLACKOUT] haha oy

#826 zenith16, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  2. herolee10 No More Miracles

Agreed. Hell, most people that i know of have yet to be impressed or entertained by Kelynan's performance as Wally so putting him in at the forefront wouldn't be smart.

3. Thome216 Registered

I doubt they'll have Barry stuck int he Speed force for half a season, or even do a time-jump as though a few years have passed. They are doing regular crossovers with the other shows, and it would get even more cumbersome if one show is a few years ahead of the others.

4. zenith16 Registered

nah a time jump would be insane .

5. Deltron3030 Registered

Flash has lost it. This season was no better than arrow season 4 and the finale was terrible.

6. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

I'd cringe if they did that. No way Wally has earned his stripes that easily.

7. DawnWarrior Questioner of Authority

The influx of guest-stars helped a little, but couldn't quite save the finale from the issues with the rest of the season. Maybe next season will be better, but I ain't watching it.

8. herolee10 No More Miracles

I feel like "Arrow" did a better job in handling the large "Team Arrow" ensemble than Flash did with its current lineup.

Never did I feel like the show felt overcrowded in Season 5 of Arrow. I can't say that same for the Flash.

And the worst is that Wally is completely void of charisma or presence on this show. So he doesn't add anything special to the team.

Iris is pretty much useless and is only good for being Damsel in Distress.

And Cisco's outfit is pretty laughable to look at times and he was on a lot of people's annoying radar for the first half of the season.

Season 4 really needs to shake things up. I would honestly just write Wally out of the show at this point.

Plus, Barry's so powerful that it's really hard (and expensive) to create a action sequence involving both and present a legitimate reason as to why they wouldn't be able to overpower most of their adversaries already.

9. haephestus Registered

I'm glad that Caitlin retained her metahuman powers. I hope they do something interesting with her next season. I presume that she's still a wanted woman for kidnapping Julian, so she'll have to operate out of the limelight. An anti heroine who reluctantly assists Team Flash from time to time would be good to see. And maybe they can give her an independent storyline, but I'm not sure what. I suppose she could try to hunt down Ronnie, but I'm tired of her storylines revolving around men. Maybe she could try to get her mother's energy generator invention thin up and running, ostensibly to sell to the highest bidder on the back market but she eventually has a change of heart and publicly shares her research / findings for the betterment of mankind?

Or maybe she roams the streets of Central City helping to defend citizens on a smaller scale - stopping thugs, but then robbing the thugs to pay for her own bills (those leather miniskirts and thigh high boots can't be cheap).

I think the cast needs to be seriously downsized. They can't have four speedsters on speed dial. Wally, Jesse and Jay all need to be written out. Not necessarily permanently, but they can't just pop in and out for no real rhyme or reason. They detract from Barry and make it implausible that Team Flash can't easily stop the majority of their villains. It's frustrating enough that Barry only remembers certain skills in limited episodes.

Barry needs to be happier and more optimistic like his season 1 self. And he needs to be less of an idiot. Barry and Iris shouldn't have any relationship drama and Iris needs an independent storyline. Future newspaper or not, maybe she should become a police officer since it would get her more involved with the storylines and her journalism career isn't really contributing to the series. Cisco has access to more research and information that Iris does at the newspaper.

Cisco definitely needs to return to his happy, pop culture referencing, geeky self.

I'd be happy for Harry to recur, but a season without a permanent Wells would be refreshing. Tracy Coull help to fill the void or they could always get Dr McGee to appear as well in an older mentor role. And the Pied Piper is still out there somewhere as a powerfully and brilliant ally.

10. Thome216 Registered

Definitely agree that they need to return to the happier, more optimistic season 1 formula. Barry needs to be happier and more fun like he is in the crossovers and Cisco needs a little personality rewind.

I'm fine with Wally, I like him. Don't need him all the time, but don't write him out. Jay is always great as a more experienced speedster. Though now that he is out of the Speedforce prison I'm sure he'll be going back to Earth 3 and Jessie will go back to 2, with appearances every now and then.
    I'm fine with Harrison being back. I actually prefer his grouchier character than HR's happy-go-lucky self.
    Also fine with Iris. Not everyone has to be a superhero. Although I think she should start being assigned to the precinct beat seeing as we've seen almost nothing of her journalism job.

11. marvelrobbins Registered

considering writers want to do iris and wally west show i wonder why they don't just as iris running team flash with wally as flash and killer frost as villain of season or ally of villain.nopte this isn't what i want it's just seem like this is what writers seem to want.

12. Syncos ROFLICIOUS

I was really happy to see Jay back. But this finale would have held more weight for me if they had Wally or Jay take Barry's place against his wishes.

We know for a fact Barry will be back immediately. The show is about him, and has millions of viewers every week. It's not going to shake up -that- much. But if you had a guest character or non-lead take the bullet, then there's a chance it could be permanent. Or at least a long standing goal of a season to find a way to get them out without ruining the world.

13. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

They should've just had Barry manage to trap Savitar in the speedforce and saved this cliffhanger for a later season where they might actually be able to fool some of us.

14. Loki882 Registered

I did. They shoved Thea into the background all season after spending all of that time building her up, used Dinah inconsistently, and clearly didn't know what to do with Evelyn post-betrayal (she barely appeared in the second half of the season).

15. javonstokess Registered

People forget that Wally was a pretty unlikeable character when he first took over for Barry in the comics. Took time for people to warm up to him. He wasn't even that popular as a sidekick.

Just some perspective...

16. Syncos ROFLICIOUS

Unfortunately we don't have 23 years to get used to the idea of Wally being The Flash in this series. And this is coming from someone who grew up with Wally West being the flash. Wally is my preferred Flash. But I don't love this kid enough, yet.

17. Loki882 Registered

-Hopefully Caitlin gets to be more anti-heroish next season (given that comic book Caitlin is tat way and part of Batman's new JL team, it'd fit).

-Hopefully Iris gets a story that gives her some actual agency of her own (and not just at the very end as a desperate way to salvage things). Do more with the reporter thing, or make her a cop like her dad, or have her run for office, whatever just something.

-Hopefully Gypsy sticks around more and we get to see her and Cisco's dynamic develop.

-Hopefully we see more of Jesse and they stop they stop writing her in and out of the show at random.

-Hopefully the show isn't a depressing slog to get through next next season.

18. Thome216 Registered

I came across this while looking for images of Supergirl.

Pretty cool crossover attire!

[​IMG]

Apparently this is Super Flash from Earth 26!

19. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

If this happens, the ratings would plummet. Not many really like where the show is going, we're picking and choosing crumbs they leave behind in things they rarely delve into.

#844 Avenging Angel, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
  20. TheGearMan Hero

That's an awesome photoshop.

Also, I'm just going to add that I like Wally. He was one of my favorite characters on the show when he was first getting his speed. Reminded me of Barry from season 1.

That said, I doubt they'd actually have Wally be the new Flash. If they can't even change the villain formula season to season, they're not going to swap out the main hero.

21. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

In their defense, we do know that they are changing the villain formula, the next big bad won't be a speedster, and will almost certainly be the Thinker. Team Flash already even knows his name.

22. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

they do? they have a hard way of showing it.

23. Thome216 Registered

I don't see any reason for them to side-line Gustin for half a season. When the show comes back, a few months may have passed. Wally may be having some trouble keeping up with the bad guys and they're finally ready to try and get Barry out of the Speed prison...

or... The Speed Force releases Barry voluntarily. All this will happen in the first or second episode.

As I see it, all they have to do to get him out is to destroy the prison. Barry created it in the Speed Force, it needs an occupant in order to remain stable, so get rid of the prison entirely, especially as the reason for it being built no longer exists anywhere in the timeline.

Then bring on the Thinker, as Barry is trying to readjust to real life and not whatever reality he was experiencing in the prison. Personally, I think it'll be a Flashpoint version.

24. TheGearMan Hero

But, why do they need a season long big bad at all? Why not do three or four completely unrelated ones? That way it doesn't get as stale.

25. Lord Valumart Hype's Dr - It's Canon

Because a big bad is a clear defined goal for them to work towards, build up, tease, etc. Then you have the big epic showdown you've been waiting to watch all year at the end. It works well.

Although personally speaking I'd much rather they'd wrap up the big bag like 4 episodes before the end, then do some episodes dealing with the aftermath. Because right now it's either deal with EVERYTHING in the last 10 minutes, or have a massive cliffhanger. And I'm not a fan of either, and it's worse when they try to do both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.