The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 6 "Enter Zoom"

Why is Barry showing his secret identity to every body? I thought Barry would keep his identity a secret.

That double thing was a last ditch effort and "the best bad idea" she had.

I know. I'm saying that it's kind of inconceivable that she didn't appear to think of going invisible at any point, or incorporate that ability into her plans.

She may have thought she could trick Zoom by pretending to be E1 Linda, but she likely knew going invisible wouldn't have helped her. She can stay E1 Linda forever, but she can't stay invisible forever.

There was no point in leaving the Pipeline, then.

My one nitpick of this season,

Them continually acting like Earth-1 Harrison Wells was the one that did all that stuff last season. It was Thawne, they know that. Why do they have to constantly say Wells?

Wells-2 has the kind of attitude that makes the other characters want to poke him so they can watch steam come out of his ears. I'm guessing that's part of what's kept the "Our Wells was evil" thing going. Maybe that'll change now that Harry has (reluctantly) opened up a bit.

Also, I think that to the team, "Thawne" means Eddie a lot more than it means RF. I mean, if I had a friend named Osama who died to save a bunch of lives, including mine, I'd probably think that he, and not the other guy, was entitled to the name.

Yeah, but did she know that? I don't think she did, because she would've known that trying to take a train out of Central City - or swapping places with her double - wouldn't have done her any good.

She may have known that turning invisible wouldn't hide from him, though. It's possible she tried that in Earth 2.

That was some beating that Barry took. It was a little like Arrow being defeated by Malcolm Merlyn in season 1 except that was nowhere on the same level as this. He'll need all the help he can get to defeat Zoom. And even then it might not be enough.

Why is Barry showing his secret identity to every body? I thought Barry would keep his identity a secret.

Why did he reveal it to Linda, you mean? I honestly figured it was so when Wally gets involved in the game, his eventual love interest is already in on the secret. Maybe they'd even be entertaining by reversing the usual "must keep girlfriend in the dark" cliche by making it "must keep younger boyfriend in the dark.":woot:

This :up: awesome episode. Zoom is scary, dominant and a force to be reckoned with. Loved the humor in this episode, the training of Linda firing at the targets of everyone. And they fake fight scene between her and Barry were hysterical :funny: Season 2 has been wonderful.

What was so great was that even know we knew Barry would survive, for a split second there when he had him by the throat I thought he was gonna snap his neck! Totally sucked me into the moment. :up: I loved the humour as well and I think it served it's purpose, plus more Linda is always good. :D

Either Arrow E-2 comes to E-1 or Flash goes to E-2, it creates beautiful storytelling drama and Geoff John loves daddy issues, he did this with Batman:
[YT]MqB7Jyyt_ME[/YT]
[YT]XCbr9_DUE3E[/YT]
sadly it's Marc Guggenhiem that is in charge of the show on arrow and he doesn't care for si -fi stuff it's olicty or nothing and the minor cross overs. which I doubt we'll see too much of the multiverse explored

I've a problem believing that, I doubt that the source of the damage really make an impact on how the speed force works. It regenerate on a molecular basis, cells, muscle tissue, bones, etc. Nerves are nothing else than that. Why should it be harder for it to regenerate nerves? I mean, of course, the writer can use this excuse to give Barry a longer time to recover but it's still not a very sound explanation.
It's like with his powers, for some odd reasons they work during one fight but a couple of days later they won't under the exact same circumstances.
hmmm regeneration isn't the right word with the speed force.

then again we'll never seen barry or wally lose a limb and have it replaced with another arm or leg or organ regrowing. h

e has accelerated healing due to the force. but I don't ever see accelerated healing as the same as a regeneration.

The same as I don't see regeneration as the same as reversion which have a limb shopped off and you pick up that same limb and re attach it to the spot where it belong and the cut seem to fix it's self in a slower manner but if you loose that limb with reversion that's it your screwed and since it's reversion and not regeneration you'll need a prosthetic or cyborg arm to replace it.

Last edited:
Anyone else think that it's funny on how it appears that people seem to be okay with leaving their office/building lights off at the police station and newsroom in Central City?.lol

I fell asleep while watching this, so will have to watch again.

And then the ending of it?? I wasn't expecting it to go toward Barry lose his legs? Does that mean Garrick is going to come back and clean things up?

Loved the Flashpoint reference about Robert Queen being the Green Arrow and Oliver dying in the sinking.

Just like Thomas Wayne being Batman and Bruce being shot in the alley.

Do we know much about Linda Park's parents?

They should get actress Linda Park as her mother:

Linda-Park-linda-park-25612459-426-640.jpg

:p

Damn, Zoom makes Reverse-Flash look like Mr.Rogers! :eek:

I can't remember did Jay Garrick return to Earth 2? He's been absent the last ep.....

just a thought...

the way Zoom broke Barry's spine... that takes medical knowledge...
Henry Allen is a doctor...

but in the 1990 series he is a cop...
just like Hunter Zolomon, the Zoom form the comics...
Stein said that in earth-2 Joe could be a scientist... and Barry and electricist...
so maybe henry can be a cop ?!

I dont know... I do believe a lot in the "Zoom is barry" theory, but this episode really did me think about the "Henry is Zoom" one...

I thought it was funny on how something like this happened twice on the same night...

p9e1Ci8.gif

x6CdOJe.gif

Loved the Flashpoint reference about Robert Queen being the Green Arrow and Oliver dying in the sinking.

Just like Thomas Wayne being Batman and Bruce being shot in the alley.
Ya, that was really cool.

Such a great, brutal episode, definitely going to have to watch it again.

great episode. Loved how the tone of the episode changed so fast. a fun fake fight to Zoom destroying Barry.

Seemed like Zoom was just gonna kill Barry. and not take his speed. Or did he steal his speed?

Wonder if Wells is the reason Jay lost his speed, with the serum he developed and not Zoom. Why wouldn't Zoom just kill him like he was gonna kill Barry?

Maybe Jay tried to inject Zoom with the serum but ended up getting injected himself just like Barry did, or something like that.

Maybe it will take several speedsters to defeat Zoom, including Barry, Jay, Wally and maybe Jesse.

One question I wonder about is: what will happen to Wells once Jesse has been rescued and Zoom has been defeated? Does he go back to Earth 2 and live his life there? Or does he stay on Earth 1? If he goes back, then what happens to Tom Cavanagh's role? We can't keep getting multiple versions of the Wells character, or that will get a bit tiresome.

Ya, that was really cool.

Such a great, brutal episode, definitely going to have to watch it again.

I watched it again twice already. I wanted to see zoom again, so I just fast forwarded to the end of the episode.

she's lucky to be alive . Man he knew I guess he can tell with their bad acting. he must have thought they were making fun of his intellect. again I want to know where the other linda / dr. light ran offf to butt naked. and how's she avoiding cops ?

I'm guessing she stole some clothing at the first opportunity, and then did her best to disappear. She's probably heading as far from Central City as possible. I can't blame her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"