The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

No problem. :)

And yes, my favorite thing about IMAX is actually the sound. That alone is worth it, imo. The giant screen is just a really, really nice bonus.

I just have to say, somewhat regarding the year delay:

It warms my little heart to see how confident Universal is in this film. After both screenings in LA and NYC, they were already super happy hearing everyone's feedback/reactions, but after a couple of executives saw the finished product last month, and with all of the delay conversations that were taking place, they were the ones that pushed hard for an IMAX release next year, because they were so confident in the product after having seen it. They're the ones that wanted to 'remaster' the film (sound mix mostly).

Going back 10 years ago, after RZ's HII (regardless of how you feel about the film), the franchise was in a huge rut. Five different films in production at various stages, none getting off of the ground. And to think HALLOWEEN ('18) was just the tip of the iceberg with this trilogy, I'm just so happy and proud. Irregardless of if one liked HALLOWEEN ('18) or not, it's just good to see the franchise bigger than it ever has before, with Jamie, John and co. back. As much as the delay sucks, if things are better around October next year, you best believe, Universal is going to market the heck out of this film. They're already doing a tremendous job, but I'm just so glad they saw what our audiences saw in it and are giving it the release treatment it deserves.

No other HALLOWEEN film deserves to be seen in IMAX the way this does, based off of imagery alone. And I can only IMAGINE how good that score is going to sound in IMAX and Dolby! We just all have to stick together, and do our part, and take care of one another as we wait out the next 15 months.

It has been a pleasure talking to everyone here, and getting to know some of you, and I truly cannot wait for the discussions that will take place throughout the next year, and as Ends, safely, starts production when they can.

I have to say that you've got me pumped and ready for next year.

Hearing all the rumors and expectations of a very high body count, I do have some reservations but I truly hope that it feels like Halloween and not a gore fest.

I have to say that you've got me pumped and ready for next year.

Hearing all the rumors and expectations of a very high body count, I do have some reservations but I truly hope that it feels like Halloween and not a gore fest.

I, personally, and though I cannot speak for everyone, a bunch of other people who have seen it as well think it's the most character driven film in the franchise, even with all of the scares and high body count.

I honestly had no clue H18 was even released in IMAX. They seem to be making it more know for Kills? Also I'm surprised they weren't always planning it with this installment since the last one made so much bank unless they were.

hqdefault.jpg

I honestly had no clue H18 was even released in IMAX. They seem to be making it more know for Kills? Also I'm surprised they weren't always planning it with this installment since the last one made so much bank unless they were.
To my knowledge, it wasn't always planned until Universal saw it for themselves.

But yeah! H18 was out for a week in IMAX. Didn't get to catch it, but I heard it was glorious. Kills'll be even better, as it'll be properly sound mixed for the medium.

I have to say the cinematography is looking so far even better then 2018. It looks a little darker to me with some more grit. I also love the shot going from the Strodes panning to the ambulance then back again. Makes it feel very real.

There's an obvious difference between the cinematography in the 2018 film and Halloween Kills. It seems Kills has gone for a more blue/saturated feel, which I think looks amazing. It's like it took the 2018 look and dialed it up a bit so things look more atmospheric. This coincides with what i've heard which is the film is aiming to look more like Carpenters original.

Not to get sidetracked from discussing the teaser and I'm sure this has been discussed at some point in this thread, but have any of you read the Taking Shape coffee table book?

Reading how each entry of the series came to be is pretty interesting ie. I never knew that JLC almost had Carpenter and Hill back to direct and produce respectively for H20 until Carpenter asked that all of his "unpaid" profits from the previous 10 years be baked in to his salary of 10M to direct!

I encourage any Halloween fan to pick up a copy. I've read that there is a follow up to this one which recounts the unproduced Halloween sequel scripts.

Yeah, mine showed up finally a month ago... read it all in a week or so. It's so good, can't wait for their "unreleased Halloween scripts/films" book, next.

Halloween Kills and Halloween Ends were announced a year ago today!

Crazy how much time flies. Last year, after the announcement, we got an onslaught of information leading up to the start of second unit shooting in late August. The rumors about Tommy (Paul Rudd, Jake Gyllenhaal being offered), the announcement of Anthony Michael Hall's casting, the return of Kyle Richards as Lindsey, casting calls for 'Mob Rules' asking for crowds north of 300+ people, DGG and Danny hinting at the narratives for both films, and finally cameras rolling for the main cast in September, after the second unit shot a small cameo scene on August 30th/31st.

Such a good time.

Was Paul Rudd actually considered to return? That seems illogical with deleting 2-Resurrection.

Love Rudd but that would have been a stupid decision. And Gyllenhaal was offered Tommy? He doesn’t look like him and way too young.

Was Paul Rudd actually considered to return? That seems illogical with deleting 2-Resurrection.

I think they would cast him because next to Curtis he’s the biggest star to come out of the franchise. It would just be a fun do-over.

Apparently the OHMB will probably be setting up a GoFundMe in order to raise $1000 to pay the person who's going to update everything for the message board. I'm probably the last guy to have heard about this, but in case anyone else hasn't, you heard it here first! :dry:

"Director David Gordon Green knows a thing or two about crafting a successful Halloweensequel. After all,2018’s Halloween- the 40-years-later follow-up to John Carpenter’s ’78 slasher classic - was embraced by fans, and broke box-office records. But in continuing the story of Laurie Strode and the unknowable Shape for upcoming sequel Halloween Kills,Green and returning screenwriter Danny McBride faced a problem as intimidating as Michael Myers with a kitchen knife.

“How do you continue what makes Halloween interesting, and not be repetitive?” Green says over the phone from South Carolina. The answer, according to the eclectic filmmaker, is that Halloween is about to get a whole lot angrier. “If the first film was somewhat retelling the origin of Myers and getting us up to speed with where Laurie had been all those years, then part two is about the outrage of Haddonfield,” Green reveals. “Mob Rules was our working title for the film. It’s about a community that is united by outrage, and divided in how to deal with evil.

To that end, Kills is dialling down the divisive humour of 2018’s Halloween and expanding its ensemble cast, with returning characters from the ’78 original - including Tommy Doyle (played here by Anthony Michael Hall) - new characters, and “even some strange ones that we got a glimpse of in the 2018 film”. But the rock remains Jamie Lee Curtis’ Laurie who, as in 1981’s Halloween II, spends the bulk of the film in hospital recovering from her injuries.

“She’s a voice of both insight and reason that is trying to give a volatile community some sense of purpose in this film,” explains Green, who confirms that while Laurie isn’t the main character in Kills, she remains the “emotional core”. Instead, Andi Matichak’s Allyson, last seen brandishing a bloody knife in a pickup truck, becomes Haddonfield’s pitchfork-wielding ringleader.

“When we met [Allyson], she was a very relatable, lovely girl-nextdoor type of character,” Green says. “Allyson here, just hours later... she is ignited. She is, in some ways, leading the charge, and is one of the more bloodthirsty of the group. Whereas Karen, who has dealt psychologically with her mother more intimately, is trying to resist those temptations.”

With work practically complete on Halloween Kills before Covid struck, lockdown has granted Green and McBride extra time to finish the script for trilogy-capper Halloween Ends. “We’re going to film this fall, hopefully!” Green chuckles. “It’s a very different movie than Kills, and both Halloweens. The script feels very fun. For me, it was essential to say, ‘Here’s a conclusive episode to my trilogy.’ I’m trying to bring closure to my ‘Laurie Strode versus Michael Myers’ storytelling.”"

- TotalFilm

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"