• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Horror The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

Resurrection might not be a good movie, but I was always able to have some goofy, dumb fun with it like Jason X which also came out in 2002 and I was lucky enough to see in a theater lol. I'd still take the campy, trashiness of either of those movies over Zombie's H2 any day which I honestly do find offensive as a Halloween fan, because of how it completely destroys iconic characters like Loomis and Laurie by making them totally unlikable characters. His remake wasn't great either, but H2 is truly unwatchable compared that IMO.

at this point, none of them are better than the other. Resurrection as well as RZ's Halloween movies are all equally trash, in my opinion. I can't sit through either of them.

at this point, none of them are better than the other. Resurrection as well as RZ's Halloween movies are all equally trash, in my opinion. I can't sit through either of them.

Yeah pretty much and I don't blame you. The only ones I consider to be actually any good are Halloween, Halloween 2, Halloween 4 and Halloween 2018.

Yeah pretty much and I don't blame you. The only ones I consider to be actually any good are Halloween, Halloween 2, Halloween 4 and Halloween 2018.
Yup, agreed. I enjoy watching Halloween 5 and 6 for how bad they are, and the score/atmosphere is nice, and H2O is just okay, but thats about it. I feel like H2Os big shortcomings were exposed severely by Halloween 2018.

^ That is beautiful and terrifying at the same time. That is the Michael look we all love.

As far as RZ Halloweens vs. Resurrection, I lean towards Resurrection for two things: Jamie Lee Curtis and a decent mask. Other than those things, it's absolute crap.

It's really sad that a movie as bad as H5 isn't even mentioned as the worst in the series. That tells ya somethin'.

Yup, agreed. I enjoy watching Halloween 5 and 6 for how bad they are, and the score/atmosphere is nice, and H2O is just okay, but thats about it. I feel like H2Os big shortcomings were exposed severely by Halloween 2018.

4 scores a lot of points for atmosphere and actually feeling like the Halloween season. Next to that I remember RZ’s 2008 feeling like Halloween and 2018. Those I think are the 3 with the best Fall atmosphere.

Michael-Myers-14-Scale-Statue-Exclusive-PCS-Collectibles-6.jpg

This is going to be expensive as hell, but I'm going to save for it.

Michael-Myers-14-Scale-Statue-Exclusive-PCS-Collectibles-6.jpg

This is going to be expensive as hell, but I'm going to save for it.
My god that's amazing. I could save for it, but with the PS5 coming it may be difficult. We'll see.

Btw I'm currently rewatching the original on 4k. I'm honest tempted to rewatch all of them even though I probably should wait until September.

My god that's amazing. I could save for it, but with the PS5 coming it may be difficult. We'll see.

Btw I'm currently rewatching the original on 4k. I'm honest tempted to rewatch all of them even though I probably should wait until September.

Isn't watching the original incredible in 4K?

Halloween Kills: Original Michael Myers Actor Teases His New Cameo

In the original Halloween, Nick Castle performed a majority of the masked Michael Myers' scenes, resulting in many fans considering him to have established the villain's memorable physicality. Castle returned to the series for the first time in 40 years for a cameo in 2018's Halloween, with the actor recently hinting at his cameo in the upcoming Halloween Kills, playing coy about confirming any actual details about the sequel but noting that the scene in question could have potentially been cut from the film. However, makeup effects designer Christopher Nelson clarified to Castle that, whatever the cameo might be, it remains in the theatrical cut.

"I actually did the scene ... there was only one scene, I can't tell what it is, I won't say what it is, but we'll see, it's an interesting one, because it's definitely something I can imagine being cut out, which I hope is not gonna happen," Castle confirmed to The Thing With Two Heads podcast. "For post-production, I did all the breathing for The Shape through the whole thing and I don't remember seeing it, maybe I'm just forgetting, but we'll see."

Nelson went on to add, "There isn't room for it, for the breathing, you wouldn't need the breathing at that scene."

While James Jude Courtney took over the more physical components of Michael Myers in the 2018 film, Castle provided the character with a signature head tilt that he gave in the original 1978 film, appearing in only one shot. With that cameo being Jamie Lee Curtis' Laurie Strode seeing Myers from a distance, he likely didn't have to provide any breathing sound effects, so while Castle himself could see the cameo in the new sequel not being integral to the final cut, Nelson's comments could hint that the cameo is another wide shot of Myers.

Castle also want on to recall his experience on the set of Halloween Killsand noted the passion the crew had for the series.

"Right before they did the shot, [director] David [Gordon Green] brought me in, right before we did it, and the whole crew was there, and he just did this little announcement welcoming me there and saying, 'We've done this one film but here's the guy that started it all,' and everyone applauded and I bowed, my sunglasses fell off my head," Castle joked. "I can't do anything without it being stupid. But that was so sweet, it shows you the kind of love they have for the franchise and the respect they have for the gang that did it to begin with."

Nothing Resurrection does sinks as low as making Michael a dirty bearded hobo who talks, and has visions of his mommy with a white horse telling him to kill. Makes Loomis an a-hole sell out who cashed in on the fame of Michael's murders. Turns Laurie into a trashy unlikable b**ch.

Give me any of the Resurrection nonsense over that.

Yup 100% well said

I’ll take it! But it’s a dumb idea imo. It will be overshadowed by DC Fandome next week. I thought they’d release it on Halloween. Then drop a proper first trailer next spring, followed by a second trailer next August.

Well be lucky if we get another, well proper, teaser come Halloween of this year to tide us over from the year delay.

I hope it's just a scene of Alyson flashing back to the peanut butter on my penis scene.

tumblr_m7bor3owH21qbabry.gif

Can't wait for the *****ing and moaning online (not on here we classy) that they just showed Michael's left pinky tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"