The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

Pretty sure retailers will only stock 6 copies of Terrifier 2...

While having a cardboard box full, and a bunch more copies of Halloween Ends at endcaps and within the regular shelves.

(no disregard to Terrifier 2 - it's gross and fun, but too long and repetitive of the first one)

Pretty sure retailers will only stock 6 copies of Terrifier 2...

While having a cardboard box full, and a bunch more copies of Halloween Ends at endcaps and within the regular shelves.

(no disregard to Terrifier 2 - it's gross and fun, but too long and repetitive of the first one)
Yup. and I can sort of tell the pic was intentional because he zoomed out with that second one to get Halloween Ends in frame.

COREY MASK! COREY MASK!
0eea45132e197e2397e371b8ab2e9cd25cc5c40a.gif

I was hesitant to do it, but I upgraded from my 2018 4k transfer of Halloween 1978 to the 2021 Shout Factory 4k version. Apparently it's a new transfer with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos! Couldn't pass it up. I mean, it is my all time favorite horror film after all. Probably gonna get the rest of the original timeline films in that format at some point. so far, I just have '78, Halloween '18, Halloween Kills and Halloween Ends in 4k. I also gotta get the rest of carpenters films too.

So apparently Tony Moran called James Jude Courtney a **** on a livestream, among many other terrible things.The guy is a pathetic drunk.

WHM just did their episode, was hesitant since I love ENDS... but they respected it while also having fun about some of it's faults (which I think it has some, but it's efforts outweigh).

Their commentary on the need for an island in your kitchen, if you ever need to crucify your stalker was hilarious.

…forgot to post this when Ends came in last week; it’s crazy we have three new Halloween scores by John Carpenter.

Top left is my original pressing of ‘78, of course. And then every special edition pressing of the DGG trilogy, done by Sacred Bones Records.

Halloween ‘18, top right / Halloween Kills, bottom left / Halloween Ends, bottom right

A9C4D1A3-1E18-4EDE-B465-0DF21141271D.jpeg

Last edited:
So I made the difficult decision to sell my rare 2014 scream factory collectors edition blu ray set on ebay because I wanted to upgrade to the 4k versions. So far, I have the new Halloween 1978, Halloween II, Halloween III, Halloween IV, and Halloween V 4ks from scream factory. I still need to get the 6, H2O, and Resurrections boxset at some point. can somebody tell me why those don't have individual releases? Why am I forced to buy a set that includes Resurrections haha? I don't really get why those 3 have to be bundled together. Kind of off putting, if I'm being honest.

So I made the difficult decision to sell my rare 2014 scream factory collectors edition blu ray set on ebay because I wanted to upgrade to the 4k versions. So far, I have the new Halloween 1978, Halloween II, Halloween III, Halloween IV, and Halloween V 4ks from scream factory. I still need to get the 6, H2O, and Resurrections boxset at some point. can somebody tell me why those don't have individual releases? Why am I forced to buy a set that includes Resurrections haha? I don't really get why those 3 have to be bundled together. Kind of off putting, if I'm being honest.

Halloween 6, H20 and Resurrection is when they were under and distributed by Dimension Films. That’s my guess. Perhaps something to do with that.

Halloween 6, H20 and Resurrection is when they were under and distributed by Dimension Films. That’s my guess. Perhaps something to do with that.
ah yes that makes sense. Still, I would think they'd release those individually. Oh well, I'll grab it soon.

I now officially own all the Halloween films in 4k from scream factory. Halloween 4 and Halloween 6 look phenomenal! Might see how H2O looks tonight.

Very nice! I need to upgrade to 4k with my collection at some point as well.

Btw, random thought, but am I the only one who's surprised that we haven't gotten some sort of Batman/Michael Myers crossover already? I feel like the Shape would fit right in with other members of his rogues gallery amid Gotham & I think it'd be interesting to see Bruce attempt to psychoanalyze the enigma that is the Shape.

I wonder how this new trilogy will rank as the years go by. In my opinion, I think H18 will hold its ground with it being somewhat universally liked. For my overall ranking, I believe Kills and Ends will gradually drop on the list and may end up hovering near H5 and H6 land for me.

Halloween 2018 still is the best of the sequels for me. Kills and Ends, while not perfect, are still overall solid for the most part. I rewatched Ends the other day and I continue to enjoy it more and more. It feels like the type of legacy sequel Carpenter would have made.

Last edited:
I'll forgive KILLS for the greatness of ENDS and it's '78 homage, always will deeply respect '18.

The trilogy on a whole is a high bar for Halloween considering the depths we had to endure with Revenge/Curse, Resurrection, and Zombie's overall reboot.

Came to the conclusion Halloween would be dead after 2010.

ENDS is still riding at number 2 for the franchise, kept creeping up my lists this winter.

I liked Ends much more than Kills, but I don’t know that I’d rank it all that high. Although there are so many bad Halloween entries that it’ll still probably end up in the middle of the pack.

Overall, I feel like this is a series that excelled at dropping one great movie and then pushing their luck by trying to keep it going.

Halloween ‘78 was an all-timer, then they went and pushed their luck and we got unnecessary explanations for Michael’s rampage and a side-lined JLC.
Halloween 4 gave us a decent enough sequel with an ending that indicated that, even though Michael seemed to be killed, history was about to repeat itself with Jamie. Then they pushed their luck, ditched that Jamie story entirely, and gave us Tina’s annoying ass, her Fonzie-ripoff BF, and those sitcom cops.
Halloween H20 gave us a quality return performance from JLC and what couldn’t more clearly be a definitive ending to the whole thing. Then they pushed their luck, gave us a massive retcon and riffed on reality TV for 90 minutes.
Then that brings us to 2018. Arguably a perfect follow up to 1978, an equally great return performance from JLC and yet another ending that could’ve been a definitive one. And than they pushed it.

I liked Ends much more than Kills, but I don’t know that I’d rank it all that high. Although there are so many bad Halloween entries that it’ll still probably end up in the middle of the pack.

Overall, I feel like this is a series that excelled at dropping one great movie and then pushing their luck by trying to keep it going.

Halloween ‘78 was an all-timer, then they went and pushed their luck and we got unnecessary explanations for Michael’s rampage and a side-lined JLC.
Halloween 4 gave us a decent enough sequel with an ending that indicated that, even though Michael seemed to be killed, history was about to repeat itself with Jamie. Then they pushed their luck, ditched that Jamie story entirely, and gave us Tina’s annoying ass, her Fonzie-ripoff BF, and those sitcom cops.
Halloween H20 gave us a quality return performance from JLC and what couldn’t more clearly be a definitive ending to the whole thing. Then they pushed their luck, gave us a massive retcon and riffed on reality TV for 90 minutes.
Then that brings us to 2018. Arguably a perfect follow up to 1978, an equally great return performance from JLC and yet another ending that could’ve been a definitive one. And than they pushed it.
You're not all that wrong tbh. I think it's simply that these movies make money and studios are gonna jump at the chance for more follow ups. The series could have ended fine on any one of those movies, and it didn't. Personally, as much as I enjoy Kills and love Ends, I think Halloween 78 and Halloween 18 could also work as a perfect duology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"