The "Heroes vs. Villains" Marvel RPG Season II OOC/Sign-Up Thread

Heroes VS. Villains Marvel RPG Application

Screen Name: bkhedr

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Thor

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences):

Thor ii the Norse God of Thunder and Lightning. As such he ages so slowly as to be thought of as immortal, is immune to all manner of mortal diseases, poisons, and toxins, and has a very dense musculature that makes him extremely resistant to damage.

As the son of Odin and Gaea he possesses incredible strength even for an Asgardian. Thunder, Lightning, and all manner of weather effects are his to command and this power is augmented by use of his mystic war hammer Mjolnir. Mjolnir is also imbued with a variety of enchantments including granting Thor the ability to shift between his Asgardian form and his mortal guise as Doctor Donald Blake.

When Thor was initially ressurected he possessed the Odinpower. Now that power is gone, used by Loki to ressurect Asgard, but Thor remains the most powerful of the norse Gods as well as the King of Asgard.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Avengers.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?):

I love this character. I love his personality, the way he thinks, his supporting cast, the wealth of great stories in his past to draw inspiration from. I could go on.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?:

MSN, [email protected] and the screen name is Basel, but I hardly ever use it. PM me if you have something to discuss.

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

The cool breeze coming in from the Gulf of Mexico washed over Donald Blake and he closed his eyes and through his head back, letting the refreshing gust and the smells of the sea it carried with it invigorate him and remind him of times long past.

Only when the gale had subsided did he open his eyes once more and look back to the small globule of oil that rested in the sand at his knees. The offending spot was one of hundreds that dotted the otherwise pristine seascape and after running his fingers across it, Blake rose and rubbed the sticky residue on the side of his cargo shorts.

Blake sighed and a look of sadness played across his face. The situation in the Gulf of Mexico was getting worse by the day and before long the damage done to the environment here would become irreprable. When the disaster had first happened Thor and his fellow Avengers were busy elsewhere, battling the threats posed by the Mandarin and Typhon.

Once those threats were bested and Asgard was restored the Thunderer had pledged his aid and the aid of his people. He had even offered to personally seal the leaking line. Only to find that his help was unwanted. America, it seemed, had quickly split between those who saw Asgard's presence in Oklahoma as a blessing, and those who saw it as a violation of their sovereign space, or worse still, a foreign occupation. With no clear cut majority and with the policitcal will to act missing the matter stalled as Congress discussed what to do about "the Asgardian problem."

Thor himself had travelled to the affected areas, offering aid wherever it was accepted, and helping however he could as Donald Blake where Thor's aid was not welcome, but it was not enough. All he was doing was treating symptoms, wiping the bleed away as the wound continued to bleed; and all the while his frustration had grown as the debate regarding his people's presence on Earth became ever more heated.

Already many of those who once supported the Asgardians were begining to express anger that the Gods had done nothing to ease their plight, while those against Asgard's presence dug in their heels and protested ever louder, ever more angrily.

Even as Blake stood on a lonely shore in Louisina there was a veritable ring of mortals around Asgard. Thousands of them, some protesting its presence, others begging for its help.

He had hoped that the mortals would resolve the matter amongst themselves and made a point to insure that Asgard made no move to offend either side or add any fuel to the embers of unrest smouldering across the nation. He understood the mortals fears afterall, their mistrusts, and he had been prepared to allow them their debates, their discussions.

Now weeks later he finds his faith in their ability to resolve their differences shaken and as he took one last look at the coastline he resolved to wait no longer. Something had to be done and quickly. But what? What could he possibly do appease the mortals so that they might once more accept his aid, his protection.

"Maybe..." he muttered as a thought came to mind. Then he was silent once more.

A minute passed, then two and all the while more of the oil found its way to the shore.

Finally, Blake stamps his walking stick into the sand, and in a flash of light he is transformed from a simple man into Thor, Lord of Asgard and God of Thunder.

Hurling his mystic mallet upwards, Thor holds on and allows himself to be carried into the air and west, towards Asgard.

thor.jpg

Last edited:

Screen Name: bkhedr

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Sabretooth

Sabretooth is a mutant with an advanced healing factor that allows him to rapidly recover from most wounds. He also posseses razor sharp retractable claws on his fingertips and toes as well as fang like teeth.

He also has highly advanced, reflexes and agility, as well as near superhuman senses. This include sight and hearing but his sense of smell isparticularly acute. As a side effect of Creed's mutation he grows hair at a rate roughly three times of a normal human and has three times the normal amount of body hair.

Aside from being a mumant Creed is also trained extensively in hand to hand combat, hunting, and tracking. At some point in his life Creed was captured by the Weapon X program and experimented on. The result of those experiments and others that followed is that Creed's skeleton and claws have been infused with Adamanatium and his strength has been augmented to the point where he can lift up to 25 tons. If he has a weakness, it is his often uncontrollable blood lust, or perhaps the fact that he is often not interested in controlling it.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Currently the Kingpin of Organized Crime in New York State with considerable concerns on the Canadian side of the border as well.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?):

In keeping with the guidelines set down by UK I am trying to keep the game balanced by playing one hero and one villian. Since my hero is Thor I want my villian to be more street oriented. I also want someone who's a badass. Sabretooth fits the bill on all three counts.

MSN, [email protected] and the screen name is Basel, but I hardly ever use it. PM me if you have something to discuss.

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

Hunting. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't my one true love. More than any woman I've had, more than anything I've ever owned, more than hurting that little runt Wolverine every chance I get. Nothing gives me that rush, that satisfaction, that the hunt brings.

I sniff the air, searching out my prey, and I find him not too far from where I currently am. He's scared, crossed the river hoping I won't be able to track him past the water, but I can smell his fear and it sends adrenaline coursing through my veins as I leap rom my vantage point in the trees, swinging from branch to branch as I go.

Its not long before I can hear his breathing and the patting of his feet on the stone near a stream. I've already scouted the terrain, prepared for the hunt, and I know he's making for a cave. Seeking refuge, trying to hide.

He doesn't make it.

I leap from a high fern, pushing off its truck as I do, and come flying out of the tree line with a roar before landing above the cave overlooking a small clearing. A stream drizzles lazily somewhere to my right, all around me birds shriek and burst from the trees. I ignore it all and make eye contact with my prey as I become aware of the low growl building in my the pit of my throat.

The grizzly bear freezes for a second, a predator with his wires crossed, not sure wether to fight or flee, then he roars loudly and rises on to his hind legs in defiance.

I roar right back and leap from the rock, going in for the kill.

30 minutes later and I'm back at the estate. Despite the high of the kill I still notice the uneasiness of my men, the nervousness.

Can't say I'm concerned. If there's one thing the last few weeks have shown is that there's no one left in New York to bother me, so I lean on the wooden fence and eye the heavily armed men who work for me before, letting my glare bore through them for awhile, before I speak.

"Any of you ladies feel like tellin' me what happened?" I ask gruffly

One man, a huge latino man, real mean SOB who's proven to be a go getter, goes by the name of Tank, take the initiative and answers for them all.

"It's Lasso boss. Somebody aced him."

635251-sabretooth__8__super.jpg

Screen Name:
Belvedere

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character):
Wolverine

Wolverine is a mutant with a highly accelerated healing factor that allows him to heal from most wounds, illnesses and poisons. Due to his afforementioned healing factor Logan's health is ******ed, he is over 100 years of age but has the appearance of a man in his thirties.

His entire skeleton is laced with a substance called adamantium, the hardest known substance known to man, making his bones next to unbreakable.

As an unintended side effect of the adamantium bonding process undergone by the Weapon X program, Wolverine discovered he had three foot long claws residing between the knuckles in his hand; which were also coated in adamantium and therefore are also unbreakable, but can also cut through almost any substance known to man that Logan's strength will allow.

He also has extremely heightened senses, which combined with his extensive military training makes Logan one of the best trackers in the world.

Wolverine is fluent in almost every language spoken by man, which he has learnt on his many travels throughout his long-life, and is one of the deadliest hand to hand fighters on Earth; As he so often likes to brag, he is "The best there is at what I do."

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): X-Men

I really want to take the character back to his roots: long before the character got ridiculously over-exposed, when he was complex and his answer to every situation wasn't to kill first and ask questions later.

He really presents a challenge to me because from the moment I picked up a comic book as a young boy Wolverine has been my favourite character, my love for the character has waned over the years but this really is (as you so often hear from people) my "dream job".

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: [email protected]

My name is Wolverine - I'm the best there is at what I do.

I've been saying that for so long now I can barely remember what it means or where I picked it up. There's a lot about myself I don't remember.

The last decade of my life has been dedicated to finding out who I was, where I came from, who was responsible for the man I am today. I thought when I found out the truth I might finally belong, I might finally know and accept who I was.

I couldn't be more wrong.

The things I've done, the things I've seen, they can never be undone. My memories coming back to me after that fracas with the Scarlet Witch should have answered all those questions, but in the end all it left me with was more questions.

I'm tired of it.

No more questions.

Who I was doesn't matter, it's who I'm going to be that counts.

75815-35270-wolverine.jpg

"
Time to go to work."

Screen Name: Spike_x1

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Dr. Bruce Banner/The Incredible Hulk

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences): Caught and mutated in a blast of gamma radiation from a bomb of his own design, Bruce Banner began turning into one of the physically strongest creatures alive at times of great stress, known as The Incredible Hulk. There have been a number of variations of the Hulk over the years, depending on Bruce's repressed emotions. They can range from an angry child, an arrogant teenager, and an idealized version of himself; almost always growing stronger as he gets angrier. The latter personality has now seemingly stabilized after the villainous Leader caused changes in Banner's subconscious, giving Bruce, one of the smartest men alive, control of the Hulk's body.

The Hulk has a high degree of invulnerability and an advanced healing factor, able to shrug off most conventional weapons fire and other would-be injuries with relative ease. His vast strength allows him to lift incredible amounts of weight, and his leg muscles are strong enough to enable the Hulk to leap for miles at a time.

Bruce Banner holds a Ph.D. in nuclear science, but has also become an expert in other scientific fields during his years of trying to cure himself of the Hulk. He has displayed incredible knowledge of engineering, robotics, biology, chemistry, and has even become an advanced student of mind-over-matter techniques in an effort to better control his emotions.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): I was hoping to have the Hulk join the Avengers.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): The Hulk is one of my favorite Marvel characters and Peter David's Smart Hulk era is something that I really want to revisit by having Banner in control again, and not just play a rampaging Savage Hulk, because that can get old pretty fast from an RPer's perspective. I want to show how heroic Bruce and the Hulk can be while also showing just how deeply disturbed this man is, even when he's trying to do the right thing.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: Windows Live Messenger: [email protected]

I couldn't bring myself to try to find Betty or understand her reasons for leaving before I could see her again. No, that last part isn't true at all. I can perfectly understand why Betty would leave and want to stay as far away from me as possible. The Hulk has made our lives a living nightmare, but I could always make the excuse that "it's not me." Of course, I know better than anyone that it's more complicated than that, and I'd be lying if I said that the guilt I felt for the Hulk's rampaging in the past didn't keep me up at night. But... Betty was always my lifeline.

"How does that make you feel, Bruce?"

"Knowing that my wife left me and couldn't even bring herself to look me in the eye?"

"Not in so many words, but yes."

"How do you think it makes me feel, Samson?"

Leonard doesn't even bother to keep notes on me anymore. I'm currently his only patient and he probably has a filing cabinet full of notes back at his apartment anyway. He's the work-at-home type of guy. The Military has surprisingly sponsored my therapy and given Len an entire facility here in the desert to devote to me. They call it Gamma Base 1. I don't even bother asking about the previous Gamma Bases that I know of. They're all probably classified and decommissioned anyway. Of course, I can leave here any time I want (it's only a short commute for guys who can jump for miles at a time like Leonard and I), and I've been given all the resources I could ever need in order to do whatever research I might feel like here, but I'm not exactly in the mood. They've also made no secret about their plans for what should happen if I get out of control during one of these sessions: Samson will kick me through a wall leading safely outside, and then Hulkbusters will swoop in to help out. Leonard assures all of us that such actions shouldn't be needed, but you can't blame them for having a fast plan of attack just in case.

Drumming my large green fingers across the armrest of my chair, I take in my surroundings in the room. Lots of books (although I'm sure that Len has them memorized), a pretty good looking computer, and a couple of pictures on his desk: one with all of the old gang together; Len, Rick, Betty, Marlo, and myself; and another picture of Geiger. What ever happened to her?

"Not that you don't have good reason, but you seem nervous, Bruce." It doesn't take the world's best psychiatrist to notice the look on my face. "Are you waiting for something?"

"Just half-expecting the General to suddenly walk in and deliver divorce papers to me."

"If he did, would you sign them?"

"...I don't know."

"Could you blame Betty if she wanted a divorce?"

"Not at all."

167716-65206-hulk.jpg

Angel, Sabretooth, Thor and Wolverine are all APPROVED!

Screen Name: Watchman

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Noh-Varr

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences): A Kree soldiers from thousands of dimensions away. His ship crash landed on this Earth after being shot down by the multi-trillionaire and all around evil-doer, Midas. Noh-Varr was able to beat Midas and his plans but was incarcerate by S.H.I.E.L.D at the Cube. Of course no Earthly prison can hold him for that long.

Noh-Varr DNA has been spliced, manipulated, and tinkered with until his abilities have all been enhanced. An expert fighter and has a vast knowledge on technology and super science. Access to Kree technology and weaponry.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The New Avengers (what?)

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): Well, I remember reading his first mini series and being blown away by it. Then he appeared in the Avengers books where he is portrayed as a naive alien who is conflicted by right and wrong. The *&^@? Really, he would have deatomized Osborn and kicked Captain America in the testicles if someone asked him to join. Where was the guy who declared Earth as the new Hala There is the establishment (Osborn), and the good guys, now meet the counter culture of superheroes. What other Avenger teams will have Howard the Duck and Fantomex on it?

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: I'll mail you. Just send me your address and a stamp.

"Guard! Guard I demand that you answer my query!" The Cube, just one more of the prison that houses super criminals. The speciality for the Cube though is who that holds the more peculiar ones. Not many others can say they hold a sentient math equation.

"It's your turn to deal with the spaceboy."

"No way, I had to deal with him last time. Guy has exploding fingertips."

"You owe me. I had to wash down M.O.D.O.K."

"Fine...fine," the guard moves to the cell, "what is it space boy."

"I am not this space boy. I am Noh-Varr, Kree war weapon for multiverse exploration. A hero in the Clone Brood Wars, slayer of the Skrulltron serpent...."

"Spare me. Are you having trying to phone home again?"

"Phoning home is impossible, idiot. I would need a hyper dimension tramission..."

"Never mind. What is your problem?"

"Who is this Norman Osborn?"

"My boss. How did you find out about Osborn anyway."

"I have been searching the internet. A crude network, it seems to be a home to perverts, degenerates, and narcissists."

"The internet? How did you....stand against the wall."

"No, you will get Osborn to free me now. I have work to do."

"Osborn does not give a damn about you. Now stand against the wall. Hands were I can see them." He draws an electric baton and opens the cell door.

"Then I will have to free myself."

688712-noh_varr_super-1.jpg

Screen Name: Catman_prb

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Jamie Madrox Arial Dark Red

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences): Jamie has the power to duplicate himself at will. These duplicates have an increasing tendancy to represent aspect of his psyche, and often wander off without following orders. Jamie's parents died when he was 15, and after a long, confusing portion of his life that may have included attacking the Fantastic Four, Jamie joined the X-Men. Eventually deciding that there was too much politics involved in representing the mutant world, Madrox retired to New York, where he opened up several incarnations of the infamous X-Factor Investigations.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Mutant Town

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I really want to delve into the idea of Mutant Town, and I think that Jamie can be a very integral character to that. Also Byrd begged me to pick someone up.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: [email protected]

No more mutants.

That's how it started anyway. This little chapter of the book that I call my life. The day that Wanda Maximoff wished away the powers of 90% of the mutant population of the world. Well, the official estimates are 90%, but it's really more like 80 or 85. All those powers...snuffed out in a moment. People started calling it the Decimation, which shows how stupid people really are. A decimation is only a loss of 10%. There is no word for what happened on M-Day.

Of course not many people know this. I sure didn't. I only found out about the true scale of this whole thing last week. I still don't know if there's a way to change it all back. It started with a letter shoved through my door, unopened, unmarked in anyway. I opened it up, and out fell a picture of Wanda Maximoff, and a note. All it said was 'No more mutants'. I managed to put the pieces together myself. It was enough to know that the X-Men had gone noticably silent on the matter.

Guido left that same afternoon. Not too surprising really. Things had been tense round here for a while. I'd sort of almost accidentally kind of almost ended the world a few months ago. Alternate realities or some such. I got a black mark on my hero license for that one. I mean, no one turned up at the office and told me that saving people was now off limits. Just the usual social calls stopped coming in as often...I ran into people less. I got a call off Rahne who just yelled at me for five minutes, before asking how I was holding up.

So yeah, X-Factor got smaller. It was hardly even an organisation anymore. Guido left and promised to come back with good news, but took a dupe with him. One that I doubt is going to stab him, although he needs anti-depressents every two hours. Back then it was just me and Layla. No official business to attend to, no world to save, but the day-to-day still ticking over. No problems there. The X-Men may only be happy when they're fighting international evil and saving the cosmos, but me? Well I like the little things more. It's the little things that make up life, especially here in Mutant Town.

By now you'll be asking yourself who I am. Well really?

"I'm Jamie Madrox. Sheriff of Mutant Town,"

110432-28662-super-skrull.jpg

Screen Name: Optikal

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Kl'rt - Super Skrull

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences): Kl'rt - more commonly known as the Super-Skrull - hails from the Skrull homeworld of Tarnax IV, which has since been destroyed by Galactus. The Skrull Emperor Dorrek wanted revenge against the Fantastic Four, who thwarted the Empire's attempt to invade Earth. Dorrek handpicked the warrior Kl'rt, who was artificially augmented and given the combined abilities of the Fantastic Four. Kl'rt's power levels, however, exceeded the originals -stronger than Ben Grimm; superior flight and greater pyrokinetic ability than the Human Torch; better control of invisibility and telekinesis than Susan Richards; and an ability to stretch beyond that of Mr. Fantastic. The newly-named "Super-Skrull" also retained his innate Skrullian shapeshifting abilities and strong hypnotic skills.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Skrull Empire

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I plan on introducing cosmic Marvel to the RPG as well as adding another villain to what was a thin villain roster in season one. I chose Super Skrull because he's an underused character that I think I can mold into an interesting threat.

Not long ago, the cosmic entity known as the Devourer of Worlds, Galactus had visited his terror upon the Andromeda Galaxy. His insatiable hunger had torn the once mighty Skrull empire asunder when he devoured the Skrullian homeworld, Tarnax IV. The entire Empire has fallen into chaos, leaderless and in disarray.

The sun had barely rose above the dark red cliffs of the Ask'lo, a planet of extreme natural beauty in the Skrull empire. Kl'rt stood alone, watching out over the lapping shores hundreds of feet below where he stood. Once he was a mighty hero of his people. An ultimate soldier, he was now nothing more than a relic from years gone by. A faded memorial of a more glorious era.

Behind him, footsteps fell in a fashion that Kl'rt recognised instantly as militaristic. Kl'rt turned and regarded the four men in front of him. Two to each side were dressed in the typical Skrull soldier garb. The two in the center though were different, dressed in the robes typical of clerics and politicians.

“We have searched long and hard for you, Kl'rt”. The larger of the two clerics stated.

“Well you succeeded in finding me”. Kl'rt responded just as icily.

“We bear grave news, Super-Skrull” the smaller added in. “The Empire is fractured and leaderless. The senate has done its best to hold the shattered pieces of our people together, but ever since the homeworld was taken, it has been a terrible struggle”.

Kl'rt regarded the two men with no show of emotion. “You have come a long way in order to tell me facts which I already know. Your journey is wasted and you are disturbing my peace. Leave me be”.

Kl'rt turned back to the sea, not paying attention to the quartet standing once more behind him.

“We are at war General”.

“The empire needs you”.

1062679-12_16_2009_3_09_53_pm.jpg

Kl'rt turned back to them, fire sparkling in his dark eyes. “Against who?”

“We don't know. They came upon us like a swarm and have been demolishing our forces. We need your skills, General. Our forces need someone to lead them”.

Kl'rt stepped to the men and walked past them, heading back down the slope from the cliff face to his dwelling at the foot of the hill. “We walk. You talk. Tell me everything”.

You know what, forget about Angel. I was just going to use him for some self-gratifying exposition to wrap up stuff from last season, but you guys don't need that *&^%. Rather than have him set up this character, I'll just apply for him right of the bat:

Screen name: Harlekin
Character: Moon Knight (Marc Spector)
Powers and brief origin: Marc Spector was not always a good man. At one time, he fought in desert wars as a mercenary. Before that, he was a US Marine and a boxer. Spector did many jobs in many places, often accompanied by Paul DuChamp, a man better known as "Frenchie".

At one point, the two ally themselves with Raoul Bushman. Coming upon an archeological dig in Egypt, Bushman kills a Dr. Alraune and plans to do the same to his daughter, Marlene. Spector steps in but is beaten to death by Bushman. Roaming Egyptians carry him to the temple of an ancient God of Vengance, Khonshu. This entity offers Spector a second chance.

Accepting, Spector returns to the land of the living as the avatar of Khonshu. After defeating Bushman, he returns to New York with a couple of companions. There, he creates a number of identities for himself: taxicab driver Jake Lockley, wealthy entrepeneur Steve Grant and the vigilante Moon Knight. He has his fair share of adventures, at one time even becoming a member of the Avengers.

In fact, all was (relatively) well until a few months ago, when the Moon Knight and Bushman - who had returned to battle Spector many a time - found themselves locked in a devastating battle. Moon Knight manages to kill Bushman but falls from a great height: his body is broken and his mind is not far behind. Khonshu now appears to him in the form of a faceless Bushman (Moon Knight carved his face off).

It is in battle with the Committee - a group that previously pitted him against the Werewolf by Night - that Moon Knight finds a renewed purpose. As his story picks up in the second season of the Marvel RPG, he has recovered, physically and (largely) mentally.

Moon Knight is an expert in hand-to-hand combat. His wealth has afforded him the means to buy and create specialised equipment, ranging from throwing darts to a Mooncopter. In the past, Khonshu gifted Moon Knight with enhanced strength, speed and endurance at night, his powers dependant on the fullness of the moon. The connection to Khonshu has been severed.

Group affiliation: Moon Knight has been a member of, among others, the Defenders, Avengers and the Marvel Knights.

The why and the what: I wanted to try out a new character and I've always liked the idea behind Moon Knight. I know everyone favours the grim 'n gritty approach to the character, but I've taken a liking to the newer interpretation, which brings the Knight back to his superhero roots.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: That ain't none o' yer business. Contact me via PM, I'll give you my details.

Sample post:
logopxh.jpg

Stilt-Man. A robber who got his hands on an exoskeleton with a ridiculous pair of telescopic legs. Right now, he’s towering over the Royal Bank of Scotland, a couple of bags of money in his armoured hands. It usually falls to Daredevil or Spider-Man to take care of him. He’s strictly street level. Heck, I once heard he was bragging about the day Ms. Marvel collared him.

Yep, Stilt-Man’s an A-grade loser.

Which is why I guess this fitting.

I’m flying over skyscrapers, holding onto a ladder that is hanging from the Mooncopter. It’s the first time I’ve been out in the day in my costume for what must be months. From a billboard, Norman Osborn smiles at me. He’s holding his hands above him in victory, basking in the adoration of millions. He’s Time’s Man of the Year. The Green Goblin.

manoftheyear.jpg

Really, I should thank him though, seeing as he’s the reason I’m doing this. Watching him be appointed head of S.H.I.E.L.D. made me realise that I needed to step up. To leave the dark alleys and the self-pity behind. The bad guys were starting to win.

I’m getting closer. Stilt-Man’s dealing with the police on the floor, laughing like a cartoon villain. He doesn’t notice me hanging over him. When I’m right above him, I let go of the ladder and let myself fall. My foot connects with Stilt-Man’s face on the way down. He drops one of the bags of money as his jaw pops. It’s a familiar sound. I slam one of my throwing crescents into his metal leg to stop my descent.

“Aaarrrghhh,” he lets out as one of the arms extends, racing down to try and catch the money. The bag is already starting to open up. It’s raining dollars. There’ll be a couple of very happy people downstairs. I reach behind my back and take out another one of my boomerangs and setting into Stilt-Man’s robotic legs, start to climb up. I’m hit by gusts of winds and so I try to keep as close as I can to the criminal’s armour.

Of course, he’s noticed me by now. The hand that shot down to grab the money comes back up and Stilt-Man tries to swing at me. I’m able to dodge the blow narrowly. Grabbing my gun out of its holster, I shoot a grappling hook that fastens itself around Stilt-Man’s wrist. He’s screaming by now, calling me names. Saying he’ll get me and kill me.

That’s what they all say.

When he tries to throw another punch at me, I make the jump, holding onto the line. His fist connects with his leg, which sends him reeling backwards. Using the momentum from the jump, I swing a couple of loops around Stilt-Man’s arm, before using another crescent to attach myself to it. It doesn’t help his attitude.

I make my way up along the arm, which Stilt-Man swings about in the hopes of losing me. When I finally arrive at his shoulder, he turns to look at me, sneering. “The maniac dressed in white.”
I point down to the street.
“Fat chance, freak.”
I smile as I take out another one of my crescents. I hold it up for him to see.
“You’ve heard of me, haven’t you?”
His sneer disappears. I won’t do it, but he doesn’t know that.
“Take us down.”

So, any suggestions from my RPG bretheren as to a possible third character.

Super Skrull and Moon Knight are approved!

So, any suggestions from my RPG
bretheren as to a possible third character.

Hmm. A street level character could be interesting. With Sabretooth ruling the roost, a new Moon Knight, and Hood running amok, another street character could up the ante.

With gang activity on the uprise, I wonder if a certain ever-lovin' blue eyed hero might take notice, considering his background.

Go for it. Oh, Harl, as far as I can remember nobody played Moon Knight last season.

Or maybe a former Cajun prince of thieves who has history with the new Kingpin

Screen Name: Spider-Man9x17

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Gambit

Remy LeBeau was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. He was kidnapped from the hospital where he was born, then raised by the LeBeau Clan Thieves' Guild, and given to the Antiquary as a tribute.

They referred to the child as "Le Diable Blanc" ("the white devil") and believed he was prophesied to unite the warring Thieves' and Assassins' Guilds. Soon after, Remy was placed in the care of Fagan's Mob, a gang of street thieves who raised the child and taught him the ways of thievery. After living as an orphan on the streets, a 10-year-old Remy attempted to pick the pocket of Jean-Luc LeBeau, then patriarch of the Thieves' Guild. Jean-Luc took the boy off the streets and adopted him into his own family. Gambit is a mutant whose primary ability is the manipulation of energy. He uses the bio-kinetic energy his body produces to convert the potential energy of non-living matter into kinetic energy. The conversion process, referred to as charging, often results in a violent and powerful explosion. The explosion is proportional to the size of the object.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): None at the present moment, formerly the X-Men

The gang war in Hell's Kitchen looks to majorly heat up this season, and I want a piece of the action. It seems like the perfect setting to bring Gambit back and take a look at his less than heroic side.

MSN

New Orleans

The hazy backroom poker parlor smelled of stale smoke, flat beer, and dried blood, not the typical gathering place for those who would consider themselves royalty, but the gathered group seemed right at home.

They met tonight to bid farewell to one of their own, perhaps the best of them, once again.

"Why involve yourself in the mess in New York. They're small time. To call those gaggle of small time hoods a gang in insulting."

The man sitting in the shadow of the corner rubbed the stubble on his face, giving a low chuckle as he thought of an answer the others could understand.

"Pour le sport. For the sport of it, mon ami. A gentlemen's competition with an old aquaintance."

"And what makes you think you can just go up there and dive right back in?"

The shadows suddenly erupted into a brilliant purple glow as an immense energy crackled through the air.

Gambit.jpg

"I always have an ace up my sleeve."

Approved :up:

You might want to touch base with OP before you post. He used Gambit at the end of last season.

Both Gambit and Wolverine were on a duo adventure looking as to why mutants were disappearing from medical facilities. But with both Remy and Logan as PC, I don't mind y'all ignoring what I did with them both.

I'm thinking sometime tomorrow morning or afternoon.

Last edited:
Are characters going to be in Ryker's Island for the start of this RPG? If so, I might want to roleplay an incarcerated character; y'know, somethin' new and different. An imprisoned Punisher, anybody?

DD and Kingpin are currently in Ryker's. I'd like to keep it to the two of them, personally. There was a big prisoner gang war at Ryker's last season, don't care to copy that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"