• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The HULK Thread - Part 1

I never ever want to see a Hulk who can barely speak a work ever again. I want to see more of this Hulk.

Every bit if Hulk/Banner is good in this film. The only "problem" is you could explore it further like giving him his own film with a nice supporting cast.

Placing him in a place where he's not the strangest looking is a great dynamic. Hulk is a celeb on that planet. Even Banner is thrown for a loop when he see's tow things.

1) Banner is a perfect disguise for the Hulk

2) Hulk has a parade going on for him.

Wait....the Hulk FINALLY gets the ability to speak, have a personality, and a real relationship with other characters after 40 years...and it's "long overdue" for him to move on and be some kind of professor Hulk?

Maybe not all Hulk incarnations are childlike...but the overwhelming majority are. We have Banner for the "intelligence". And Banner is boring most of the time. Making the Hulk more like Banner is the last thing we need.

That's not true at all. In fact, his very first incarnation was quite intelligent. Since then, we've had multitude of numerous personalities, and only the Savage Hulk (or variations thereof) is childlike. Joe Fixit, The Maestro, The Professor, and Doc Green are all intelligent. The Green Scar persona was done much more effectively in the Planet Hulk film, and Thor: Ragnarok should have pulled more from that inspiration. There are plenty of characters that can be used for ongoing humor, but Hulk shouldn't be one of them.

That's not true at all. In fact, his very first incarnation was quite intelligent. Since then, we've had multitude of numerous personalities, and only the Savage Hulk (or variations thereof) is childlike. Joe Fixit, The Maestro, The Professor, and Doc Green are all intelligent. The Green Scar persona was done much more effectively in the Planet Hulk film, and Thor: Ragnarok should have pulled more from that inspiration. There are plenty of characters that can be used for ongoing humor, but Hulk shouldn't be one of them.

So you wanted Marvel to go from Hulk basically being a mute to Green Scar in in two years?

Talk about unrealistic expectations.

So you wanted Marvel to go from Hulk basically being a mute to Green Scar in in two years?

Talk about unrealistic expectations.

They should be two distinct personalities that aren't dependent on one another. Hulk's time on Sakaar should have brought out the Green Scar. It would have been dramatic to see a version of the Hulk who didn't know or care about Thor's friendship, and it would have been easy enough for Bruce to explain to Thor that there's more than one Hulk inside of him. The climax would have been even more tense had the audience not known if Hulk cared about helping or would turn on Thor in an instant.

They should be two distinct personalities that aren't dependent on one another. Hulk's time on Sakaar should have brought out the Green Scar. It would have been dramatic to see a version of the Hulk who didn't know or care about Thor's friendship, and it would have been easy enough for Bruce to explain to Thor that there's more than one Hulk inside of him. The climax would have been even more tense had the audience not known if Hulk cared about helping or would turn on Thor in an instant.

Let's also remember that this movie is called THOR, save that type of stuff for when Hulk's a main character.

Let's also remember that this movie is called THOR, save that type of stuff for when Hulk's a main character.

This was Hulk's 4th outing as a character in the MCU. There's no reason to keep him such a stasis. We've seen extensive backstories on Bucky, Widow, and Odin. None of them were headliners, but they were important enough to flesh out. This was the perfect opportunity to expand the Hulk's on screen mythos.

I'm still convinced that Marvel Studios is still scared to let Hulk become the multi-faceted character that he should be because the simpleton smasher is so well-received. I hope the time comes when he takes the next step.

This was Hulk's 4th outing as a character in the MCU. There's no reason to keep him such a stasis. We've seen extensive backstories on Bucky, Widow, and Odin. None of them were headliners, but they were important enough to flesh out. This was the perfect opportunity to expand the Hulk's on screen mythos.

I'm still convinced that Marvel Studios is still scared to let Hulk become the multi-faceted character that he should be because the simpleton smasher is so well-received. I hope the time comes when he takes the next step.

Kevin Feige and Mark Ruffalo recently stated that Hulk is beginning an arc in Thor: Ragnarok that will carry through to Infinity Wars and A4.

I could have lived without seeing the shrek style booty

tumblr_oz09ubMOvw1tuwzkvo1_540.gif

Great gif. Glad they were able to make Hulk look so good despite having a billion other CGI elements to balance budget around.

My only real complaint is his shaky shoulders, it just doesn't seem like they should be shaking that much but what do I know? Just never seen shoulder muscles bounce before I guess, so it seems off here like the muscle physics simulation was too loose in that area.

Also, Hulk needs to learn how to say it, not spray it (but man, that level of detail, you can almost smell his breath) :p

I'm doubtful now. I was hoping to see versions of Joe Fixit, the Professor, or the Worldbreaker, but Marvel Studios seems wary of letting Hulk stray too far from his general perception as a simpleton.

At least he's moved on from ape to young child. Who knows if that progress might continue. Not holding my breath for Professor Hulk just yet.

Using elements from David's run I think that Waititi is the perfect fit for a Hulk film. Disney is swimming in it now. Fork over cash to Universal and give us a Waititi directed proper Hulk film. I feel he's a better fit for Hulk even over Thor. Mark's no spring chicken. Get it done while they have a Banner AND Hulk the audience has obviously embraced.

Using elements from David's run I think that Waititi is the perfect fit for a Hulk film. Disney is swimming in it now. Fork over cash to Universal and give us a Waititi directed proper Hulk film. I feel he's a better fit for Hulk even over Thor. Mark's no spring chicken. Get it done while they have a Banner AND Hulk the audience has obviously embraced.

What tone would you expect from that? A similar one to Ragnarok? I wonder if Waititi would be interested if this was suggested to him. I'd love to see Marvel hang on to him. Thor 4 as well of course!

I feel like Waititi would be happiest with a Hulk movie decidedly not set on Earth. So while delving into Peter David's developments for the character, I think he'd also want to put Hulk somewhere weird like the Microverse or Crossroads. That way he can do virtually anything.

I feel like Waititi would be happiest with a Hulk movie decidedly not set on Earth. So while delving into Peter David's developments for the character, I think he'd also want to put Hulk somewhere weird like the Microverse or Crossroads. That way he can do virtually anything.

I think he'd prefer the opportunity to be able to use Hulk outside of Earth if he wanted to do Hulk. It would give him much more license to try the out-there stuff he likes.

Hulk will continue to grow and mature as a seperate personality

Lmao that's me :hehe:

We would have all been like Thor had Ang gotten his way....

"In our heads...oh boy...in our heads."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"