"The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just say it. If the Phoenix Joker movie knocks it out of the park and audiences really respond to it, Leto isn't getting a solo film. At best, he'll be delegated to supporting roles in Suicide Squad sequels, but I'm not even sure of that. They may decide to drop him all together and do what they can to keep Phoenix around. This would be a textbook case of playing the hot hand.

I really think Leto is gone with this Morbius announcement

No, he isn't. He's developing Letoker Cinematic Universe (LCU).

If he’s leaving Joker for Morbius...talk about downgrading.

...did he really?

https://www.maxim.com/entertainment/jared-leto-blind-blade-runner-2017-9

Jared Leto—who sent his Suicide Squad co-stars used condoms to get into his Joker character—employed similarly method tactics on the set of Blade Runner 2049.

The go-for-the-broke actor asked that his milky contact lenses impair his vision so he could be blind just like his character, villainous android manufacturer Niander Wallace.

Director Denis Villeneuve told The Wall Street Journal it was ultimately an effective strategy.

"We all heard stories about Jared, how he transforms into the characters. But even this didn’t prepare me for what was to come."

"He could not see at all. He was walking with an assistant, very slowly. It was like seeing Jesus walking into a temple," Villeneuve added.

"Everybody became super silent, and there was a kind of sacred moment. Everyone was in awe. It was so beautiful and powerful—I was moved to tears."

''I was moved to tears.''... alright steady there Denis. :funny:

What's so funny? It was like Jesus walking into a temple.

:hehe:

Last edited:
Joaquin Phoenix's Joker Origin Movie a Go at Warner Bros.
Joaquin Phoenix recently finalized his deal to star as the arch-nemesis of Batman and shooting will begin September in New York.

Todd Phillips is directing and co-wrote the script, which the studio describes as being an “exploration of a man disregarded by society [that] is not only a gritty character study, but also a broader cautionary tale.” Scott Silver co-wrote the script.

Wow, this moved a lot faster than I ever imagined. I was still thinking that this may not happen.

I just wonder if Batman will show up in it, and if he does, will he be different to both Reeve's and Affleck's Batman? Will WB gives us three different Batmans in just a few years apart? :hehe:

Hot damn, I’m so hoping Joaquin kills it as much as I hope he will. My cautiousness is only attributed to Phillips, so fingers crossed he doesn’t pull an Ayer by letting down both the actor and character’s prestige status.

Cool. How much Killing Joke are you guys expecting? Or do you expect something more original?

I just want to know if this is a full blown Joker, or if it'll be more watered down version, like Ledger's or Azzarello. Will it be more of a clown, or just a regular gangster with scars?

This must kill Leto’s Joker off, surely?

Those idiots won’t really try to sell two completely different Jokers at the same time, will they?

And surely if Batman’s in this, it’ll have to be Reeves’ version, which can’t be Affleck.

In any sensible world, doesn’t this green light kill the DCEU continuity?

Interesting that Scorsese isn't listed as a producer in the article. Instead, there are two names that are connected to him.

This must kill Leto’s Joker off, surely?

Those idiots won’t really try to sell two completely different Jokers at the same time, will they?

And surely if Batman’s in this, it’ll have to be Reeves’ version, which can’t be Affleck.

In any sensible world, doesn’t this green light kill the DCEU continuity?

No, because this movie is supposed to be released under a banner that operates outside of a set continuity.

No, because this movie is supposed to be released under a banner that operates outside of a set continuity.

That’s just ****ing idiotic.

The general audience won’t understand. It’ll confuse the hell out of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"