Justice League The Justice League Casting Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cast list, as someone else mentioned, would consist less of the usual Hollywood blockbuster actors that would probably be much to expensive for a multi picture deal. Much like Marvel did casting Hemsworth and Evans.

My JL:
Henry Cavill/ Josh Hartnett as Superman
Ben Barnes as Batman
Emily Blunt/ Olivia Wilde as Wonder Woman
Bradley Copper as Green Lantern
Philip Winchester as Aqua Man
Evan Peters as The Flash
Lance Reddick as Martian Manhunter

That's a pretty good list!

Why don't you post some pictures?

Midnight... No dark alleys for me my friend. Just a joke :). I appreciate how you move this forum forward. Your response to some of the other postings was a bit like a pat on the head. So i kid. So of all my picks i would put money on Alan Ritchson playing flash. I'm not sure i could by prince charming in tights. Also admittedly i am a supernatural fan. And i without a doubt (not because i am a fan but because being an owner of over 800 movies) Jensen Ackles coud give us the best portrayal of batman ever. he is actually guite the opposite of surfer boy. He is the millionair playboy. The famous guy that you could play on a softball team with and then go drink some beers with outside of the 7 - 11. He is what batman should be a tough guy that woman want. That really hates needing to play the bruce wayne part but just nturally is Bruce Wayne when he isnt batman. I can see bruce wayne in my head and (i'm sorry for whom i offend) i see george clooney. I see like a rick malambri that can act if that makes any sense. And i see ackles as the closest match to that. I just wish he had more recent stuff on tape than just supernatural. But last night he did somethings on the show and i was like thats batman.

I figured you were joking lol. It's coo.

Yeah I don't mean to come off as "the pat on the head" guy, but some of the suggestions being tossed around were just way out there, but hey this is a fan inspired casting so if fans are inspired by their choice than all the power to them lol.

I like Alan Ritchson...not sure if he is ready for the big leagues, but would like to see him get a shot. He is actually a really funny actor. I always saw him more of as aquaman based off of his role on smallville, but could possibly see him as flash.

However, I disagree that Jensen could give us the best portrayal of Batman lol. I like Jensen, but honestly I would rather see David Boreanaz as Batman before Jensen.

I agree with your part about george clooney. Honestly, George could have made a great batman, but he instead he was too "Adam West-y" and played Bruce Wayne when he was supposed to play Batman lol. I also wouldn't mind seeing Rick Malambri in the role, provided that he he really trains and strengthens his acting.

Also, I just had a thought for Martian Manhunter. How about Colin Salmon from Resident Evil films, 007 and AVP? He's tall, regal, and has a great voice that projects intelligence, wisdom, and sophistication.

Celebrate+Success+Awards+9H3hc1Uq1lil.jpg

colin_salmon.jpg

Also, I have a new actress for WW to think about Yuliya Snigir. She will be in the upcoming Die Hard film A Good Day to Die Hard. Google her, she has some pretty nice photos, some of which I can't post here. Definitely in my top5 choices for WW.

Yuliya-Snigir-in-A-Good-Day-to-Die-Hard.jpg

xyuliya-snigir-a-good-day-to-die-hard.jpg.pagespeed.ic.NMlS4l_9yz.jpg

yuliya-snigir-profile.jpg

Yuliya-Snigir.jpg

snigir.bmp

She's definitely super-hot, question is, can she act?

We will find out. She will be in the next Die Hard film. I'm sure she has done other things too. Of all the other actresses mentioned she has one of the best looks and that is saying a lot because there have been 4 or 5 mentioned that aren't "stars" or well known, but have the look.

I would say that if she can act along side Bruce and make the action believable then shy will sky rocket to the top of Hollywood's list. Having the physicality of Gina Carano, the looks of Olivia Wilde and the acting presence of Charlize/Scarlett would be the Trifecta.

We will soon find out. Google her for some more goodies.

WW (Not in any particular order):

Yuliya Snigir
Michelle Borth
Hayley Atwell
Tanit Phoenix
Jessica Pare
Meghan Ory
Rhona Mitra
Serinda Swan
Bridget Regan
Taylor Cole
Amber Heard
Tsianina Joelson
Jodi Lyn O'keefe
Susan Ward
Jenna Dewan-Tatum
Kim Smith
Edit: Janet Montgomery
Edit: Alexis Knapp

Honestly I wouldn't want a "big" name, but rather an up-and-coming actress or someone that is established in a foreign market and not necessarily in the U.S. For me I really want to see WW and then become familiar with the actress afterwards as opposed to seeing the actress as WW and not seeing the character.

I also think that having a foreign actress would bring a sense of authenticity to the role seeing as how WW isn't "american" and would have a more european, mediterranean vibe to her. Just my thoughts, but feel free to google the actresses above and tell me what you think.

Last edited:
WW (Not in any particular order):

Yuliya Snigir
Michelle Borth
Hayley Atwell
Tanit Phoenix
Jessica Pare
Meghan Ory
Rhona Mitra
Serinda Swan
Bridget Regan
Taylor Cole
Amber Heard
Tsianina Joelson
Jodi Lyn O'keefe
Susan Ward
Jenna Dewan-Tatum
Kim Smith
And Alexandra Daddario.

^ I should also point out that any actress up for the role needs to be at least 5'8"

And Alexandra Daddario.

I kept her off personally because 1. I don't necessarily like her look. 2. I want to see the new Texas Chainsaw film before I make any further judgements. Her eyes are creepy lol. I like dark hair and blue eyes, but they're creepy from the pics I've seen lol. Plus, she needs to look more "woman" IMO and less girl.

^ I should also point out that any actress up for the role needs to be at least 5'8"

I thought about that, then realized that Hollywood doesn't always follow the comics, even the specific points. I mean Wolverine was supposed to be 5'5 or shorter, but Hugh is 6'2. Superman is 6'3 in most comic interpretations but has been 6'4 and now 6'0/6'1 on screen.

I think 5'5 is an okay minimal height for an actress portraying WW on-screen. If they put her in boots or heels that will add 4-5 inches giving us the 5'10+- look we want. Believe me if they find the actress with the right "look" they will definitely forgo height if that is an issue. Plus if her co-stars are around average to slightly above average height it will not be as apparent if she is not 5'10-6'0 flat foot.

Last edited:
^ True. But talented young actresses standing at least 5'8", who are right for Diana aren't that hard to find (considering the fact that the casting agents will be scouring the earth looking for them).

I mean, there are so many even on your own list.

Last edited:
My latest attempt at a Legue using not overly sugegsted options. I want the same Supes, and would like to see Ryan return as Hal.

Batman-Jonathon Rhys Myers

Jonathan_Rhys_Meyers_3318.jpg

Wonder Woman-Janet Montgomery

6GET8HKP-janet-montgomery.jpg

Aquaman-Robert Buckley

robert_Hot-robert-buckley-21128148-470-287.jpg

The Flash-Ben Mckenzie

1250530261_benjamin_mckenzie_290x402.jpg

Working on a new MM, Black Canary, and Cyborg

^ Lauren Cohan? Emily Blunt?

I don't personally like Lauren Cohan's look for WW (just my opinion). After seeing her on the Walking Dead I really can't picture her as WW and plus I don't think she is exotic enough or lead-actress material to carry a franchise. She is an attractive woman don't get me wrong, but seems more Lois Lane than WW, IMO. I think she would make an okay Lois Lane or Barbara Gordon.

I think Emily Blunt is a great actress and has a good look, but not for WW. I can't really seeing her "buffing" up and being believably physical. I do like her. She's just too soft faced for me for a WW and would also make a better Lois Lane or Catwoman.

^ True. But talented young actresses standing at least 5'8", who are right for Diana aren't that hard to find (considering the fact that the casting agents will be scouring the earth looking for them).

This is true, but why even limit your options. This is Hollywood. If the producers, CDs, & director want a 5'5 actress for whatever reason then they will get her and make her believable....at least we hope so.

Honestly, I didn't think Scarlett would make a good Black Widow, but she was believable in the fight scenes and is hot! I'm sure there were plenty of other actresses that could do a better russian accent, "looked" the part and were more physically ideal to play a spy/assassin, but instead they went with the "it" girl Scarlett.

I agree with what you guys are saying as far as getting taller actresses, but because I'm sure Hollywood will be more lenient with their choices so will I. 5'5 is my minimum bare foot.

Last edited:
I've brought yulia and janet up before. they both went over everyone's heads.

ЯɘvlveR;25039447 said:
I've brought yulia and janet up before. they both went over everyone's heads.

I could understand why Janet would, but yulia not so much lol. However, I think they are both good suggestions.

I've added a few others to my list. What do you guys think of Alexis Knapp? IMO she is in the same league as Alexandra Daddario or Megan Fox...not sure if that is good or bad. However, she was hot in Pitch Perfect and Project X.

Last edited:
I would like to see someone cast the Justice League with the cast of Parks and Rec. :sus

^superman went from a 6'5 actor to a 6'1 actor who is more close to 6'ft

Also, I have a new actress for WW to think about Yuliya Snigir. She will be in the upcoming Die Hard film A Good Day to Die Hard. Google her, she has some pretty nice photos, some of which I can't post here. Definitely in my top5 choices for WW.

Yuliya-Snigir-in-A-Good-Day-to-Die-Hard.jpg

She looks good but i think she would struggle with the american accent?

and if her first big film is die hard yeah excuse me if i question her ability

she is probably on par with Genesis Rodriguez

Billy Brown (The Following, Lights Out, Dexter) would make a great John Stewart.

lights-out-13_zps8205be73.jpg

176870_zps4c4dbbf0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"